Recording fault

scottscott Posts: 1,801Member ✭✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM in Archived Posts
Just to make people aware (seeing YouView people other than BT subscribers may be using the G4 box).
The BT forum is full (including myself) of people that are having recording issues on the new G4 boxes using the old (and recognised faulty) 17.x software. No new software has been released for this box in the last 3 months despite the older H3 boxes being moved onto a newer 18.x version because of recording issues.

The fault mainly seems to stem from IP recordings that are series linked and where a second recording immediately follows a first. There is a form to fill in on the BT Forum but maybe it may need highlighting here also as someone obviously found the issue and fixed it for the H3 boxes thus deploying the 18.x software and maybe that person could confer with BT to tell them what the fix was for us poor G4 box users :)

I know someone sort of pointed this out before with a link to the BT Forum, but I am not asking people to look at another forum I am simply making people aware on this forum that the fault exists and maybe youView themselves need to look into it (or even acknowledge they know about it).

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 1,801Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 8:32AM
    So I have been told thus is a youview fault that they are working on but haven't been able to pin point the issue yet and are working on as a high priority. So looks like I will have to chase you guys to get this fixed...

So I presume this is a different problem than the one you fixed moving the T1000 boxes to 18.x
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Hi Scott, 

I've done some digging and yes this issue you described in the original post is a different problem than any of the issues fixed in the 18.3.0 release. This particular issue you described is something that our technical teams are actively investigating and trying to resolve as soon as possible. 

I don't have any more information on this but will look for this thread when there is an update I can give.
    edited 29 November 2016, 11:48AM
    Sanj said:

Hi Scott, 

I've done some digging and yes this issue you described in the original post is a different problem than any of the issues fixed in the 18.3.0 release. This particular issue you described is something that our technical teams are actively investigating and trying to resolve as soon as possible. 

I don't have any more information on this but will look for this thread when there is an update I can give.

Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm if this new issue affects just the new G4 box or is it apparent in the older boxes also.
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Scott, 

The issue seems to be affecting some G4 and H3 boxes. 
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 881Member ✭✭
    edited 14 December 2016, 10:35PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Scott, 

Can youview identify what recording issues were actually addressed in the 18.3.0 release ?
    I did ask Youview in March for a list and they declined. 
    It would also be helpful if Youview could identify any work rounds for current problems.
    It would be useful if Youview could clarify why the two versions of Humax developed boxes cannot both have the 18.3.0 software. Surely any issues with 18.3.0 should have been addressed by now especially since Youview appear to have moved back its subsequent release(s) from the date(s) given By Richard Halton in March.
    Any update yet please :)
    scott said:

Not just yet Scott. I've got this thread bookmarked and as soon as I get some confirmation of resolution, I will post on here.
    scott said:

Still waiting...
    scott said:

any update
    scott said:

Don't mean to sound like a parrot, but not just yet Scott. So far I know this is still being looked into by BT and YouView, who are working together to produce a fix for this.

As soon as both are confident of a fix, i'll see if that information is concrete enough to be made public and let you know.

Thanks for your patience. 
    scott said:

Can we have some sort of progress report please Sanj, I know this is a massive problem for people and 4 weeks investigation into a major bug ( a massive priority fault) should really be able to give us an update.
    4 weeks is being generous it has actually been known about for many months (March I beleive the 17.x.x software release was).
    scott said:

Hi Scott, I do not have any substantial updates on this issue yet. Some fixes can take longer than others based on the work involved but know that this is a high priority for us. 

I've committed to getting back to you on this when I have an update and I'll make sure I do just that when the time comes. 

Thanks for your patience and I hope you're well :)
    scott said:

Can you let us know what has happened in the last 3 months please...
    Hi Scott,

We've got an update for you on this issue. Recently BT have been rolling out a network fix to resolve this issue. This has today been confirmed by a Forum Moderator on the BT forum. See the BT thread for more information