New retail box

c cc c Member Posts: 413
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts

That's good news!

Now I think I'll stop waiting for PlusNet and go buy a new box. :-)

Comments

• stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 5:12PM
    Ahhh nice, it looks decent too like the DTR-T1010 (I could never dare put the awful BT one on display in my home :))). Trouble is do I shell more cash Youviews way or wait for my box to fail first/see if Freeview Connect is better? I think I should prolly go for the latter considering the lack of retail progress from Youview. :)

I suppose the only downside to this, is there is even less chance Youview will put effort into speeding up the DTR-T1000/T1010 GUI with software changes when they can just shift new hardware. :/
  • c cc c Member Posts: 413

I take the advent of a new retail box as a sign that we have not been forgotten.

Rightly or wrongly

• alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 7:32AM
    I'm a bit puzzled.

I assumed from the text that it was the "BT box". (Which is only half as ugly as the pictures show but the size more than compensates), with mention of "the faster slimline version"

Why would they put all that into the big, still ugly, old fashioned box? 

And I get more than 6 HD channels!

edited 14 July 2014, 12:03PM
    It's a smaller chassis, same styling, says seenit
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 6:40PM
    Anybody know if the PSU is internal or external?
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    It's hardly much of a cut down version..according to seen it..

The new box measures in at 360mm x 50 x 245 (W x H x D), compared to 380mm x 55mm x 246mm for the older DTR-T1010 which it shares its silver and white looks with.

The BT one is a bit ugly but the 'half the size' and no fan noise makes up for it.

I presume this on has no fans and the same internal specs but it is still way too big especially if it doesn't have any LED panel. Does it have any indications on the front at all?
    edited 1 December 2016, 8:24AM
    c c said:

I take the advent of a new retail box as a sign that we have not been forgotten.

Rightly or wrongly

I hope so, but does it mean we will see performance enhancements coming for DTR-T1000/T1010?
    scott said:

The new box measures in at 360mm x 50 x 245 (W x H x D), compared to 380mm x 55mm x 246mm for the older DTR-T1010 which it shares its silver and white looks with.

The BT one is a bit ugly but the 'half the size' and no fan noise makes up for it.

I presume this on has no fans and the same internal specs but it is still way too big especially if it doesn't have any LED panel. Does it have any indications on the front at all?

I wondered that too. No idea what Al is on about, it looks way better than the BT version.
    al said:

I'm a bit puzzled.

I assumed from the text that it was the "BT box". (Which is only half as ugly as the pictures show but the size more than compensates), with mention of "the faster slimline version"

The DTR-T1010 looks great in the flesh, so I don't see it as old or ugly. Maybe the same applies vs the BT box which I have not seen in the flesh either but in photos looks awful. :)
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    scott said:

Who are these 'masses' who are going to buy it?

Did someone determine that £199 is a happy psychological price point, a sort of Costa Concordia, at which the YouView retail dream can be refloated?
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2016, 10:48AM
    al said:

I'm a bit puzzled.

The BT box IS better in the flesh but still more functional than fancy, the front facing (which is all I pretty much see in my unit) is ok. It is the grills and buttons round the top and sides that are clunky, but again I prefer this and its performance to my shiny H3 box.
    Nice to see we seem to be moving towards the 2000 specs for everyone (cough cough talk talk) because it does improve the YouView experince a lot. I do think the new box could have also looked better still but again for me performance well outweighs looks...
    edited 8 December 2016, 11:01AM
    al said:

I'm a bit puzzled.

I wonder if the pic is a mistake and it really should look more like this: http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=442&pid=3

Best of both worlds? (IMO)

edited 14 July 2014, 1:03PM
    al said:

I'm a bit puzzled.

Humax have just announced a new version of that Freeview box also.

Maybe these two new boxes are the same size, one styled like Youview DTR-T1010 and one styled like the HDR-2000T.

Humax's new default size?

edited 8 December 2016, 11:01AM
    al said:

I'm a bit puzzled.

Ah my mistake, I was looking at that HDR-2000T thinking it was the size of the "BT box"

For me that would be the best option.
    scott said:

Well I wont be buying it until my DTR-T1010 breaks, and even then I would think twice.
    al said:

I'm a bit puzzled.

The DTR-T2000 does not appear to be on the Humax site yet.
  • TomWTomW Member Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Can we safely assume that this has the same internals as the BT G4 box?

Much prefer the look of this than the BT box. But still only 500Gb. Needs to be at least 1Tb, ideally 2Tb, before I would consider replacing my T1000. Even then I'll most likely wait to see how Freeview Connect shapes up before I upgrade.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    I wish they would publish the specs for these new boxes. They don't, but they should.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    TomW said:

Can we safely assume that this has the same internals as the BT G4 box?

Much prefer the look of this than the BT box. But still only 500Gb. Needs to be at least 1Tb, ideally 2Tb, before I would consider replacing my T1000. Even then I'll most likely wait to see how Freeview Connect shapes up before I upgrade.

Same boat, 1Tb would be enough for me as per my T1010 but i'll wait for that to break and then see how Freeview Connect goes. Hell, you never know Youview might even release some performance enhancements for the T1000/T1010 sometime this decade. I won't hold my breath on that one though. :)
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,040 ✭✭
    edited 14 December 2016, 9:35PM
    Visionman said:

I wish they would publish the specs for these new boxes. They don't, but they should.

According to the Humax Direct website - it is coming soon at £199.95 - it describes ot as

Power Type external adaptor - Input Voltage AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz, Power Consumption Max 48w (0.5w on stand-by).

Power Consumption Max. 24W (standby: under 0.5W)

Input Voltage AC 90-250 volts, 50/ 60Hz

Protection Separate Internal Fuse & Lightning protection

Weight & dimensions

Size (W x H x D) 360mm x 50mm x 245mm

Weight 2.5kg

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:05PM
    Visionman said:

Thanks for that, but I meant the internals. And also the variants of, such as zapper boxes and this new T2000 just announced.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Visionman said:

Has anyone noticed that those specs are self-inconsistent? It quotes two slightly different voltage ranges and two Power Consumption figures, one of which is half the other.

Not only is it not providing the details that Visionman wants, it's not even providing details you can rely on :-(

Edit: Humax also show this same information for the DTR-T1010, whose mains input socket can be seen in many photographs of the device.

So you can't even rely on 'external power supply', necessarily.

ISTM that Humax need to get their act together.
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
    edited 18 July 2014, 2:20PM

Now listed on Amazon as "available for pre-order" due for release 21 July.

Maybe then we'll get some reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-DTR-T2000-500GB-YouView-Receiver/dp/product-description/B00LHZK2QY/ref...