Youview EPG fault - Quest

zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Archived Posts
Since yesterday the EPG entries for Quest channel 37 for the remainder of September appear corrupt.  I suspect this moight be part of a general Quest Freeview EPG problem but the effects on the Youview box are more significant.  Can Youview confirm that they are aware of the problem .

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Currently Youview EPG has  watch now option on Quest  37 -- 10:25am 26 Sep  for a programme Cash Cab scheduled for 7.10-7.35am on 1st Oct. - so youview logic is well and truly screwed up by the Quest EPG data.
    edited March 2017
     Can Youview confirm that they are aware of the problem .?
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    zulu17 said:

Hi Zulu17,

Thanks for posting this. We were not aware of any issues with the EPG data for Quest. However we've checked on the boxes in the office and there seems to be something wrong there. 

I've passed this on and we are looking into it now.

Thanks again for reporting it. I'll update this thread when we know more. 
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    zulu17 said:

Hi Zulu17,

Since raising this issue, we haven't come across it since. We definitely saw it when you raised it and raised a ticket based on what we saw but since then the data seems to be perfectly fine. Maybe Quest are avid followers of this forum :)

We believe it may have been a case of inaccurate EITPF data which sets the start/end times of a programme but everything seems to be up to scratch for now. We'll keep checking the programmes on Quest for any re-occurrences and likewise if you see a re-occurrence when watching the channel generally, please feel free to let us know and we'll look into the data. 
    edited December 2016
    zulu17 said:

Thank you for the update - I would have thought though  that inaccurate data would have only impacted the EPG details of the single programme rather than  all the programmes for the next week.  Anyway its fixed now and lets hope that Quest understand why the  problem occurred and have taken steps to reduce liliehood of reoccurance