Blank Screen with Audio on BBC 3 and BBC 4

Francis OBrienFrancis OBrien Posts: 13Member
edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM in Archived Posts
Hi Gang

I have a new  BT DTR-T2000 Youview tellybox with the latest software patches, soft, hard resets, great signal etc.

When using the remote channel up and down button and I navigate to BBC 3 or 4 (channels 7 and 9?) I get audio but no picture. All the other channels work fine.

If I navigate away and then back again - the picture appears

I think it might have to do with these channels displaying static text during the day and only at 7pm they start transmitting actual programs (is it when the kids channels stop transmitting?)

Can anyone else confirm this problem/bug?

Any solutions?

thanks in advance

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,930Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    Odd one that, I've not come across this problem personally, although I don't have the latest Humax box. Does this also happen when accessing these channels via the guide, or by punching in the channel numbers directly on the remote?
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,429Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Hi Francis - this seems to happen with a variety of channels (perhaps not all though) on occasion. As you say going to another channel and back again works around the issue.

I've added item 36 to capture this in the consolidated list of bugs and faults :)
  • Francis OBrienFrancis OBrien Posts: 13Member
    edited 26 October 2014, 11:39PM
    @redchiz it definitely happens when I use the up+down channel button on the remote control. Tonight I'll try accessing the channels via the guide and typing the numbers directly (after 7 o'clock)

@Keith thanks for updating the list. hopefully it prod someone to fix it
  • alal Posts: 1,298Member ✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    I have only seen this on BBC THREE HD, I thought it was some HDMI/copy protection problem. I guess not.
    It's good that others can reproduce this bug. thanks
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    Thinking about it, I only ever access Youview channels via the guide.
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    @al yes accessing youview channels via the channel up/down button or the num pad seems very clunky. The interface can't keep up with the key presses
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM

@al yes accessing youview channels via the channel up/down button or the num pad seems very clunky. The interface can't keep up with the key presses

Hi Francis,

I haven't immediately found any information on if this is a known bug or not. I'm firing this one over to our test team to try and confirm. I'll let you know what they find and may need to ask you some questions on this in the future. 
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,930Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    Francis, changing channels in the "old days" was exactly that, every analogue channel had its own space, so responsiveness was pretty quick. Now that many channels are crammed into a single multiplex, the process is a wee bit more complicated as the internal electronics take a bit of time to find exactly what it is your button press is asking for. Think about the difference between tuning an analogue or digital radio.

Thank you Sanj.
    @redchiz - good point.

Though my cheap second hand Humax HD-FOX T2 can switch channels instantly without a laggy interface. It has a similar looking/good quality interface.

As a games developer I'm guessing bugs and software bloat ;)
    Bug is still present if you use guide to switch channels

tomorrow I'll see if youview box also fails when entering channel numbers via 'numpad'

Our test team have confirmed this as a known issue. One that has already been fixed and is scheduled to be deployed in a future software build for BT YouView boxes. I've bookmarked this thread and will let you know in the future when this fix should be available to you.

Just to confirm the box you have is a DTR-T2100 or 2110 and not a DTR-T2000? (you can check in settings > system information > device information).

Thanks for the reply and confirmation

The Youview box is a DTR-T2100
    yep if fails when entering channel numbers via 'numpad'

and the Adult section has the same bug

Hi Francis, this issue should be fixed if you have the latest Automatic Software Update (October 2014)

Are you on the latest software (Manufacturer Software: 20.9.0)?
    edited 8 December 2016, 12:01PM

Hi Sanj,
    Is there any info on this fault (and why it only affected some channels)? It's the kind of thing I find interesting.

Thanks
    edited 4 November 2014, 9:41PM

The bug was present on stations that displayed text when they when were not transmitting video.
    The latest patch fixed this. Thanks
    edited 4 November 2014, 11:16PM

edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM

Thanks for the confirmation Francis. Glad this is fixed for you.

Al- Sorry I must have missed your question there. Unfortunately I don't have any extra info to share on that, other than that it is fixed.