Can't get into maintenance mode

Claire TwineClaire Twine Member Posts: 74
edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM in Archived Posts
i can't get into Maibtenance mode on my 1010. I switch off at the back for 30 seconds, switch back on. Press the centre of the big button once followed by holding diwn on the left side. I get the screen up asking if I want to enter so I press the centre once.image
The box says please wait image
I wait for a few minutes then my tv says I have no signal and the box has powered down and the clock says 00:00. It's not clear on the next picture though image
So what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    According to:-

http://support.youview.com/articles/S...

not a thing. And you get the prompt, so you are clearly ok up to that point.

You might want to try touching the power button for less time, or a longer time, but it may be that the box isn't working correctly for you.

In which case you might want to try a.... Ah, problem.

But maybe if you did a soft reset, the eight second power button touch, this might help; though powering off at the back does this anyway, pretty much.

A call to the YouView helpline, if the box still won't behave like it should, might be productive.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Rob-PRob-P Member Posts: 1
    edited 24 October 2014, 6:24PM
    you are pressing the power button (the one on the left of the device) right?- your post seemed to imply you were pressing the centre button which is not power on the DT2000
  • rcadeyrcadey Member Posts: 14
    edited 30 January 2017, 4:44PM
    you are pressing the power button on the left of the device ? (the T1010 does not have the power button in the middle like the DT1000) - your post implies that maybe you are pressing the centre (of the big button in the middle)
  • Claire TwineClaire Twine Member Posts: 74
    edited 26 October 2014, 8:46AM
    I am pressing the centre to witch the box on after switching it on at the back, then I pressing and holding the left side of the button until I'm asked if I want to enter the mode, then I press the centre once.
    edited 26 October 2014, 8:48AM
    To witch? It's supposed to say centre of the button. Sorry, in a rush today!
    edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM
    so on the T1010, the power button is on the left of the unit, not in the centre of the big button.

So for the last step, when it asks you to confirm "Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y=Power)", you need to press the power button on the left NOT the centre of the big button in the middle
    edited 26 October 2014, 4:41PM
    there is only one button on the 1010 which is a big centre button. I was pressing the centre of the button. I will try it when I get back home later. Thanks
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    rcadey said:

so on the T1010, the power button is on the left of the unit, not in the centre of the big button.

So for the last step, when it asks you to confirm "Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y=Power)", you need to press the power button on the left NOT the centre of the big button in the middle

Hi rcadey

Claire will already have pressed the Power button (or what she thought was the Power button, at least) earlier in those instructions, to take the 1010 out of Standby, won't she?

So if the centre of the ring isn't the Power button, how come the 1010 turned on for her?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 6:56PM
    rcadey said:

Hi Roy - Just to confirm, pressing the centre of the 'big button' can't turn your box on, but holding the left side of the centre circle (VOL -), after the box has just been switched on at the back will start your box by asking you if you want to enter Maintenance Mode. Which is what I think might be happening here.

Hi Claire - As rcadey mentioned, pressing the centre of the big button again won't enter Maintenance Mode but if you haven't already done this, the next time you get the option to enter Maintenance Mode, press the 'standby' button on the left hand side:

Did you manage to try this when you got home and if so were you able to achieve the result you were looking for by doing the Maintenance Mode Reset?
    rcadey said:

All is explained!

Sanj, I trust you will be updating the instructions for getting into MM on this model now, to cover this and prevent confusion for future viewers?
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 6:56PM
    rcadey said:

Most definitely. You can still get into Maintenance Mode by pressing the standby button first then the VOL - button as described in the instructions but agree we need to make the instructions more clearer to prevent confusion in the future. 
    edited 29 October 2014, 8:45AM
    rcadey said:

@Roy - maybe she used the remote to get the box out of standby :)
    rcadey said:

Or maybe not :-) She didn't describe using the remote for this, and Sanj has now explained how the unsuspecting user could be misled into thinking that pressing some inert part of the metalwork was having an active effect.

But I'm intrigued by this 'power button' on the left of the 1010. Does it look like a button, or just like an indicator light?

If this is good ergonomics, then the next time the over-temperature light comes on on my car dashboard, I shall press it in the hope that things will then cool down again :-)
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:55PM
    rcadey said:

It's also on the T2000 - it's backlit with a power symbol when the box is in standby (as per the above picture), and when you touch it the backlight turns off (so effectively the "button" vanishes) and the centre ring illuminates. All buttons are actually touchpads as per the T1000.
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:55PM
    rcadey said:

Actually I tell a lie, the light just dims slightly, it doesn't disappear completely. Just wanted to clear that egregious error up. Thanks for your time all. Phew.
    rcadey said:

Yes, I really must get my T2000 out and start using it. Trouble is, there's then no room for the 1000, with all those past recordings I really must watch.... :-(