DTR-T2000 maintenance mode

wmckiewmckie Member Posts: 25
edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM in Archived Posts
Does anyone know how to get into maintenance mode on a Humax DTR-T2000? I've got two sets of instructions and neither work.

One set of instructions comes from here (http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-13...) the other I was sent from Humax support. According to Humax support the method is the same as for a DTR-T1010.

I've tried both methods several time but with no success.

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers.

Comments

• StephenStephen Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM
    Yes, it's as per that support page - also note that the power button is on the left of the front panel (as per this related thread) and you can also use the front panel/ring down button as well as the one on the remote. And that the buttons are touch sensitive - you don't/can't push them down.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    Just double-check that you're doing it right, the DTR-2000 procedure requires the remote control as well as the box itself to get into the menu, obviously you need to make sure the remote is aimed at the front panel and it suggests a power cycle first, viz:

Unplug and reconnect power to the device.

Press and hold the ‘down arrow navigation’ on the remote control for 5 seconds until you see “Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y:POWER)” prompt.

Press the power button on the front panel of the device. If you do not press the power button within 5 seconds the box will boot up normally.

EDIT: Composed at same time as Stephen, hopefully between us we have it covered!
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:55PM
    Stephen10 said:

Yes, it's as per that support page - also note that the power button is on the left of the front panel (as per this related thread) and you can also use the front panel/ring down button as well as the one on the remote. And that the buttons are touch sensitive - you don't/can't push them down.

As per redchiz, the up/down buttons on the front panel are actually programme up/down so you will need to use the remote, sorry.
  • wmckiewmckie Member Posts: 25
    edited 23 November 2014, 11:40AM
    Thank you redchiz and stephen for your replies, I've got it now.

The remote control dosn't work but the using the front panel does so I'm happy with that . When trying to make this work I thought the info from Humax was more likely to work so I kept trying the T1010 method.

I'll contact Humax again and let them know the info was wrong.

As it turns out the reason for wanting to goto maintenence mode has been resolved but it's useful to know what to do if needed.

Thanks
  • Andee Weir1Andee Weir1 Member Posts: 3
    edited 4 February 2015, 7:33PM
    Hi. I'm struggling to get my humax dtrt2000 to go into maintenance mode using the instructions supplied by humax support (dtr1010). A bit off topic but this is actually my third dtrt2000. The first and current one both consistently failed to wake up to record programs and needed to have the power turned off before either would wake up. The second one didn't have a working HDMI socket.

I've tried the following :-

Mains power off for 30 secs
    Mains power on
    Turn box on
    Immediately hold the navigation down button on remote (just below Ok.)
    It wakes up normally without going into maintenance mode.

Also tried various others navigation directions on remote + volume up/down + Prog up/down + all 4 directions on front panel of box. Getting very very frustrated with the whole box.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Andee
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Hi Andee

According to the very comprehensive instructions provided by YouView at:-

http://support.youview.com/articles/S...

and the likewise comprehensive, if slightly confusing, back-and-forth earlier in the thread, what you need to do for a T2000 is:-

Press and hold the ‘down arrow navigation’ on the remote control for 5 seconds until you see “Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y:POWER)” prompt.
    Press the power button on the front panel of the device within 5 seconds.

From what you say above, it looks like you were powering up the box before holding the nav down button on the remote, and the power up needs to be after it.

Also make sure you are pressing the Power button, which is on the left of the front panel, and not on the ring in the centre.

Do please let us know if you achieve your aim with this recipe.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 5 February 2015, 8:43PM
    Roy1 said:

Hi Andee

and the likewise comprehensive, if slightly confusing, back-and-forth earlier in the thread, what you need to do for a T2000 is:-

From what you say above, it looks like you were powering up the box before holding the nav down button on the remote, and the power up needs to be after it.

Also make sure you are pressing the Power button, which is on the left of the front panel, and not on the ring in the centre.

Thanks for the very prompt reply. I did wonder if that was the problem and had already tried the down nav button with the power off but even after waiting 10-15 secs with the button being pushed it doesn't wake up. Tried again this evening using your very clear instructions but still no joy. Any other ideas?

Also have you had any issues with your dtrt2000 not waking up to record a TV programme or not waking up when you push the on button? I cannot believe I'm the only one experiencing these problems, not once, but with 2 separate machines.

Thanks again,

Andee
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Roy1 said:

Hi Andee

Hi again Andee.

Sorry that didn't work. It must have OK as advice, as I see it is now stamped 'Official' so I probably got it right :-)

It's probably worth, as a next step, calling the YouView helpline, and having someone walk you through the MM procedure step by step, to make doubly sure you are doing it correctly and with correct timings, and that you really are pressing the power button, which tends to go nearly invisible when the box is off, and not something that just seems to be the power button. (Since when you press something and the box turns on, you think you have been pressing the power button; but as the box turns on anyway if you don't press the power button, you could have been pressing any old thing, and not know it wasn't the power button).

I've had no trouble at all with my DTR-T2000, and I don't believe I've seen any reports of troubles with this model (Keith will know), unlike the earlier 1000 and 1010 models, where there are many such reports, including my own first T1000 failing with the Boot Fail Invalid Signature issue, something that happened to a fair few boxes when you applied an update, due to a software issue that is now fixed. But my second T1000 has been impeccable.

As a result, I've never had to MM my T2000, and it's not where I am now for me to experiment on, so I can't really claim to have practised what I preach :-(

But three bad T2000s in a row - wow. Are they perhaps going back to a retailer who is replacing them from the same bad batch, or are the issues and/or replacements widely spaced?

We have seen customers who have gone through perhaps five T1000s, of which even if the failure rate of T1000s was 10% - and I'm sure it's nothing like - would have a 0.001% probability of occurring by random chance, so one looks for other factors, like the above, or some environmental issue like running the box on top of a hot stove :-)

So I can see why you want to MM it, and I hope the Helpline can get you going on it, but if not, it looks like this one will need to back as well, though. If so, make sure you insist on a replacement from a different batch this time, and I do hope you get one that works like it should.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 5 February 2015, 11:20PM
    Roy1 said:

Hi Andee

Thanks again Roy. Hopefully I'll get there in the end as this is proving to be very frustrating. I've been a strong supporter of Humax PVRs since they first appeared and haven't seen any better product out there.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 10:30PM
    Roy1 said:

Hi Andee

Hi Andee - just to confirm Roy's comment above, over the year that the T2xxx boxes have been available I cannot recall any significant and repetitive hardware problems being reported. In contrast there was a steady flow of hardware related problems being reported about the T1xxx boxes from about 6 months onwards. Hopefully your experiences do not ultimately turn out to be hardware or if they do they turn out to be a largely isolated incident and this does not thus later become the point the reliability of the T2xxx boxes turned out to have issues too.
  • Andee Weir2Andee Weir2 Member Posts: 2
    edited 29 September 2015, 1:17AM
    Quick update on my original problem in case it helps someone else.  After thinking about it long & hard I couldn't believe that I'd managed to get 2 separate T2000s that had the same problem & no one else had.  I've started using the Scart output rather than the HDMI to my Sony Bravia TV &, touch wood, it has been behaving itself impeccably for 5 days.  I'll play around some more & report back to this forum if I find anything useful but it looks like that might be the issue for me.
  • Andee Weir2Andee Weir2 Member Posts: 2
    edited 29 September 2015, 1:18AM

Quick update on my original problem in case it helps someone else.  After thinking about it long & hard I couldn't believe that I'd managed to get 2 separate T2000s that had the same problem & no one else had.  I've started using the Scart output rather than the HDMI to my Sony Bravia TV &, touch wood, it has been behaving itself impeccably for 5 days.  I'll play around some more & report back to this forum if I find anything useful but it looks like that might be the issue for me.

7 months later & I can report that the Scart cable has been working fine.  However I have had problems with weak reception & so had my TV aerial replaced a week ago.  Thought it probably wouldn't work but tried the HDMI cable again & so far it is behaving itself.  So, I don't know if the 2 things are connected, but if you have the same problem as me & your reception is not great, you might want to try a new aerial.