Arqiva launches range of channels on YouView

SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 7 August 2017, 12:17AM in Announcements
Hi all,

We happy to announce that some of Arqiva’s existing Connect TV channels are now available on YouView using the Red Button Internet channel stream:
  • Motors (Channel 240)
  • Vintage TV (Channel 242)
  • RT Doc (Available through the channel, RT, which is on channel 135)

These channels are available for all YouView Humax set-top boxes from retail and YouView from BT. Viewers who navigate to these channels will see a prompt to press the Red Button, which will automatically launch the stream for you to view the channel.

TalkTalk YouView boxes will be able to view these channels if they have the latest YouView software, currently rolling out

The option to schedule recordings, pause, fast forward or rewind on these stream is not available.

Comments

• northernnorthern Posts: 241Member
    edited 22 February 2017, 6:07PM
    Brilliant got them , Vintage TV for me !!!
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,004Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 6:12PM
    More content. Great to see extra linear channels delivered from the internet. Obviously it would be great if they behaved like standard channels and were recordable and all that- for another time maybe? - Anyway well done Youview very promising .
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,924Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    It would be great if the content was searchable as well, as it is I'm not about to rush off and unhide 128 channels only to then have to plough through 127 of them to hide them again.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 277Member
    edited 17 July 2017, 11:31AM
    Thanks Sanj, will there be more channels coming soon.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM
    MattMan said:

Thanks Sanj, will there be more channels coming soon.

Yes, this is something that we are looking at.
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Posts: 149Member
    edited 20 March 2017, 5:24PM
    Great news. YouView gets better and better :)
  • Andrew9Andrew9 Posts: 37Member
    edited 27 November 2014, 3:02PM
    Excellent news. Well done YouView.
  • Bob BoulbyBob Boulby Posts: 55Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Can't get any of these to work on a Humax DTR-T1000 retail box. After pressing the red button I get the error message:

There seems to be a problem accessing the content, please try later.
    Error code: 24464-803

Any ideas?

Bob.

Can't get any of these to work on a Humax DTR-T1000 retail box. After pressing the red button I get the error message:

Any ideas?

Bob.

Hi Bob - if you exit the channel and go back and try it again do you get the same error?

Also - have you tried soft rebooting your box? (press & hold the standby button on the box for 8 seconds)
    edited 13 October 2016, 6:39PM

Any ideas?

Bob.

Yes, I do get the same error if I exit the channel and go back on. I'll try a soft reboot and report back.

Bob.

Any ideas?

Bob.

Do you press and hold for 8 seconds when in standby or when the box is on?

Edit - tried both but still not working.
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM

Any ideas?

Bob.

OK, next thing to try is a power cycle using the on/off switch on the back of the box. I take it that your internet connection is otherwise working OK at the box e.g. all OD players working as they should?
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,025Member ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    Joe2 said:

More content. Great to see extra linear channels delivered from the internet. Obviously it would be great if they behaved like standard channels and were recordable and all that- for another time maybe? - Anyway well done Youview very promising .

Yeh. I originally read this and thought great. Then read the "The option to schedule recordings, pause, fast forward or rewind on these stream is not available." and thought not so great. 

Sanj, will these functions ever be available or will these channels always be via the red button?

Any ideas?

Bob.

Took the words right out my mouth redchiz :)

Definitely the next thing we want to check is the internet connection. I echo rechiz's comments.

Any ideas?

Bob.

Tried switching off and on but still not working. I haven't tested every on demand player but a quick sample of 4OD and Netflix are both ok.

Bob.

Any ideas?

Bob.

Hmm, are you waiting for the red button to appear at the top right of the screen first? That does seem to take a few seconds. Other than that, I'm a bit stuck. Does the red button option work on Russia Today, channel 135?
  • Shaun EdwardsShaun Edwards Posts: 70Member
    edited 31 January 2015, 4:55PM

Any ideas?

Bob.

How about Talk Talk boxes?

Any ideas?

Bob.

Hi Shaun - TalkTalk boxes will be getting this in the new year. 

Any ideas?

Bob.

Bob - I'm looking into this issue for you and will get back to you once I know more

Any ideas?

Bob.

@redchiz, yes I'm waiting for the red button icon to appear and no channel 135 doesn't work either.

@Sanj, thanks, I'll wait to hear.

Bob.

Any ideas?

Bob.

One more question, just to eliminate the seemingly obvious: what speed is your broadband connection generally running at?

Any ideas?

Bob.

A pretty solid 15 Mbps.

Sanj has asked me for some information about my IP address so hopefully that will yield something.

Bob.

Any ideas?

Bob.

Good thinking redchiz. Just so you're aware the speed requirements to use the Arqiva Connect TV service is in line with the YouView minimum speed requirement which is 3Mbps.

Bob - I'll look forward to your email response so we can investigate this further for you.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Nice one YouView Team and you said 'some channels' would be coming only a few short weeks ago.

From a technical perspective, are these delivered via pure MHEG-IC, HTML5 or a mixture of the two?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:05AM
    Joe2 said:

From the article below - 

"Due to limitations with the Connect TV service, viewers will be unable to record, pause, fast forward or rewind on these channels."

http://www.seenit.co.uk/youview-adds-three-new-internet-channels-to-retail-and-bt-boxes/

Its basically an Arqiva matter, as they provide the channels. You could always ask them directly but their FAQ's say not -

Can I record these channels on my PVR?
    No. Freeview HD devices do not support the recording of these channels and so you are unable to record them to the hard drive of a PVR.

http://www.arqiva.com/home/connect-tv-faqs.html

But the above may be out of date now, so it may be worth asking if such is on their roadmap. :)
  • rcadeyrcadey Posts: 14Member
    edited 28 November 2014, 2:16AM
    Visionman said:

Nice one YouView Team and you said 'some channels' would be coming only a few short weeks ago.

From a technical perspective, are these delivered via pure MHEG-IC, HTML5 or a mixture of the two?

these are delivered using HLS video via HTML5
    Visionman said:

Sorted it, I had to change some settings on my Router - an Asus RT-N66U. There must be some difference in the way these channels are delivered compared to the rest of the on-demand content.

For reference and in case anyone else suffers the same problem, the settings I needed are in the screenshot below.

Bob.

Visionman said:

Glad to hear this has been resolved Bob. What exactly were the changes you had to make?
    Visionman said:

I changed the two "Enable multicast" settings from "Disable" to "Enable".

Bob.

• lloydoflondonlloydoflondon Posts: 296Member
    edited 7 August 2017, 12:17AM
    Good to see Youview adding additional services. Now I know why my box keeps on telling me Channel Listings have changed. Time to un-hide all existing hidden channels & them re hide all those unwanted ones. A quick question to Youview software engineers, could there be a quicker way to achieve this by any chance.