Netflix player won't load /start

KCKC Posts: 8Member
edited 13 July 2017, 6:30PM in Support
The Netflix player won't load/start. After I select Netflix from the list of on demand players it brings up a black screen with the Netflix logo and a swirling red circle. It will stay like this for over an hour!
I have previously been able to watch Netflix with my youview box.
I have no issues with Internet connection, and I am able to watch Netflix via consoles and computers.
The problem started after I set up Netflix on one of my consoles, but I don't know if the problem is related.
I suspect that it is having issues logging in to my account, and that resetting the app could help. I can't find any way to achieve this in the settings short of a factory reset. Not keen on that as we have a lot of recordings.

Comments

• Notley-InfinityNotley-Infinity Posts: 4Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Have same issue here since yesterday.
  • KCKC Posts: 8Member
    edited 3 December 2014, 7:06PM
    The issue started yesterday for me as well. I set up Netflix on my wii u earlier in the day, so I was wondering if that had caused some kind of account issues that was confusing the youview box. Did you do anything like that?
    edited 4 December 2014, 9:01PM
    No, didn't change other devices associated with account.  Still able to use Netflix on other devices.  

Things I have tried; cold reboot of Youview box, reboot of network router and internet modem.  Change of DNS servers used by router and Youview box.  Didn't change anything, so doesn't seem to be a network connectivity issue.  Other players on Youview box work fine.

Have connected to Netflix account via computer and selected "Sign out of all devices" from Your account options.

Still stuck on Netflix Logo and swirling circle... 

Factory reset of YouView box next option?
  • KCKC Posts: 8Member
    edited 3 December 2014, 8:15PM
    I have tried most of the same things as you with a similar lack of success. Let me know how the factory reset goes. I have to put off the nuclear option for a few days until the misses finishes a film!
  • Steve WilkinsonSteve Wilkinson Posts: 4Member
    edited 3 December 2014, 11:37PM
    Exactly the same problem for the last 2 days. It just stopped connecting. Netflix say it's a YouView problem. YouView aren't saying anything. Who supports this app ?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    Maintenance Mode 4 is a slightly less nuclear option - it will at least keep your recordings. I'd try that before a full factory reset to see if that will bring NetFlix back or not.
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    Hi guys,

Sorry to hear of the issues you have been having here. Has anyone had the opportunity to attempt to load the Netflix this morning to see if the issue persists?

I have tried it here and it appears to be loading up without any problems.

If you have had this issue could you let me know your:

- Manufacturer Software
    - Component Software
    - Platform Configuration
    - ISP Configuration

This can be found by pressing the YouView button and looking under 'System Information' in the menu.

Also let me know if there is still a problem for some of you and I will investigate this in the meantime.

Thanks,

Phil
  • Gary LedgerwoodGary Ledgerwood Posts: 1Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 10:38AM
    Hi Phil,

I just checked and it still won't load.  I was using the Netflix app extensively until it stopped working yesterday. 
    - Manufacturer Software: 20.9.0
    - Component Software: 2.8.18
    - Platform Configuration: 1234
    - ISP Configuration: 230

Thanks,

Gary
  • W RobertsW Roberts Posts: 2Member
    edited 15 September 2015, 8:05AM
    Hi there. Same problem here for 2 days.

Manufact s/w 20.9.0

Component s/w 2.8.18

Platform configure 1234

ISP config 220

Thanks in advance
  • Carl DaviesCarl Davies Posts: 2Member
    edited 21 August 2015, 5:06PM
    There is a definite problem with Netflix on Youview. It is working on all other platforms, but for the second day running I can also not connect to the service.
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 4:59PM
    Hi all,

Thanks for feeding back with the additional information so far, please keep adding your Software information to the thread so we can look into this.

To update:

Netflix are aware of this issue and it is currently being investigated by their engineers. It appears that this issue is affecting YouView customers on BT.

At the moment if you are affected the recommendation is to power cycle your home network equipment and  perform a soft reboot of your YouView box by holding the power button down for 8 seconds until the box restarts.

Thanks,

Phil
    edited 4 December 2014, 8:47PM
    Soft and Hard reboots have not cured the problem on an original BT Humax Youview box connected via BT Infinity broadband service.

At one point after changing away from BT's DNS servers I did get a Netflix interface up stating that it couldn't resolve Netflix servers (which are actually Amazon Web Services)

May be worth checking whether BT's DNS interception and attempts to block customers from using other DNS providers is causing an issue like it has in the past with Google Chromecast services.
  • Karen VernonKaren Vernon Posts: 2Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 1:10PM
    We've had the problem for the past couple of days too

- Manufacturer Software   20.9.0
    - Component Software      2.8.18
    - Platform Configuration    1234
    - ISP Configuration             220
  • Jacob KennedyJacob Kennedy Posts: 2Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 1:35PM
    Same issue here:
    Device:     Humax DTRT2100
    Manufacturer Software:  20.9.0
    Component Software: 2.8.18
    Platform Configuration: 1234
    ISP Configuration: 220
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,965Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    Funny how the guys in the BT ad don't seem to have been affected by this as they embarked on their marathon "Breaking Bad" session. Or maybe they've been hogging all the bandwidth?  image
  • Ray GlendenningRay Glendenning Posts: 10Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 3:05PM
    Luckly I was in my 30 days trial so have cancelled
  • Chris SkapoullouChris Skapoullou Posts: 21Member
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    Mine is working.
    edited 20 December 2016, 12:57PM

Mine is working.

Is that on a BT line?
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Gary, Steve, W Roberts, Carl, Karen, Jacob

Can you all let us know if these steps resolve the issue:
    • Turn off your router by the mains for 30 seconds, then turn it back on and wait for it to start up fully
    • Then soft reboot your YouView box (press & hold the standby button on the box for 8 seconds, then let go)
    edited 4 December 2014, 5:56PM

Mine is working.

BT line, old version BT box (G3) I'm not subscribed to Netflix but the sign in page loads fine.
  • Ray GlendenningRay Glendenning Posts: 10Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 5:57PM

Mine is working.

Is that using a

1) a BT broadband connection (infinity or otherwise),
    2) a BT YouView box,
    3) a none BT Netflix account (which works fine on other devices on the same broadband connection)

Mine is working.

OK, I'm not sure that actually tells us very much to be honest, it doesn't really relate to the same issue as others have reported, you would need to test the actual service, not just get to the sign-in page. Anyway, looks like Super Sanj may have found a solution, see below!
    edited 4 December 2014, 6:05PM

Mine is working.

True, but as I get past the spinning red circle it's one step further than other users.
  • Steve Thomas2Steve Thomas2 Posts: 3Member
    edited 23 December 2014, 9:12PM
    I have the same problem
    - Component Software: 2.8.18
    - ISP Configuration: 230- Component Software: 2.8.18
    - ISP Configuration: 220

Router restart and reboot not sorting the problem

Mine is working.

Perhaps someone who has Netflix can comment on whether or not you are taken to the sign in screen each time you load the player, or only the first time?
  • Steve Thomas2Steve Thomas2 Posts: 3Member
    edited 23 December 2014, 9:12PM

Mine is working.

Mine was for the first time only
  • ALCALC Posts: 2Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 6:23PM

Hi We too are suffering from this issue only 24 hours in from a complete new set up, we have followed this thread and carried out your suggestions above. I am afraid to say that there is no change we still cannot contact to Netflix via the youview system. All other connections, laptop, ps3 and phone are connecting normally.

What another croc from BT

• Terry HarridoTerry Harrido Posts: 4Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 6:29PM
    Does not work
  • ALCALC Posts: 2Member
    edited 4 December 2014, 6:30PM

Hi We too are suffering from this issue only 24 hours in from a complete new set up, we have followed this thread and carried out your suggestions above. I am afraid to say that there is no change we still cannot contact to Netflix via the youview system. All other connections, laptop, ps3 and phone are connecting normally.

What another croc from BT

• Terry HarridoTerry Harrido Posts: 4Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM
    Hi im openreach broadband engineer this is not router issue or broadband issue or system issue this is a bt issue with your system my net flix still not working two day ive allso rang youview up still dont no what the issue is
    sanj please look in to your system