Humax box keeps reverting to 'Stereo' when selecting 'Surround'

stormystormy Posts: 1,025Member ✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM in Archived Posts
I've noticed that my box keeps changing the surround setting back to 'Stereo' even though I keep telling it to use 'Surround' via Optical. I will set it to 'Surround' and then notice after a while I no longer get DD5.1 and when checking the settings page its reverted to 'Stereo'.

I think this may be reverting due to my T1010 set to High Eco.

Is there a fix for this as it seems to be a bug?

Comments

• alal Posts: 1,298Member ✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    Do you often use subtitles? I had this problem for a while (https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/selecting_subtitles_switches_off_surround_sound ) but it mysteriously stopped happening recently. 
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,025Member ✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 6:12PM
    Ahh that's a good point. We have sometimes selected Sub titles or AD by accident if someone has been playing with the remote. It turns out if AD is switched on and off it disables 'Surround' in the settings. Another bug similar to the subtitles issue? At least I know why now. Fix it Youview peeps. :)
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,429Member, Champion mod
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Hi stormy and al - I've added item 38 in the consolidated list of bugs and issues to capture this issue since it seems it is still not fully resolved.
    edited 8 December 2016, 12:01PM
    Keith1 said:

Hi stormy and al - I've added item 38 in the consolidated list of bugs and issues to capture this issue since it seems it is still not fully resolved.

Thank Keith, I do think it has been fixed as far as the subtitle button goes as I've not come across this for a while and I do not have the AD button transferred onto my OFA remote control. At least the "AD affecting audio" issue makes some kind of sense!
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,025Member ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    Keith1 said:

Yeh the SUB button is fine, confirmed the AD button activation changes the surround/stereo setting much like the SUB used to.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM
    Keith1 said:

Hi Stormy - Just to confirm, this is a known issue and is on a list to be fixed. This issue only seems to happen when you toggle AD on then off. In the meantime try to avoid the AD button if you don't need to use it. 

@Al - It seems the Test Team were never able to reproduce this issue with the SUB button, only the AD button. So your issue is a bit of a mystery, specially now that it doesn't seem to be reproducible for you. Please let me know if you are ever able to reproduce the issue when using the SUB button.
    edited 8 December 2016, 12:01PM
    Keith1 said:

I will do. It was really the only problem I have had in the last few months. With that fixed I haven't got much to talk about!