ipc6024 error Update from Youview required

zulu17zulu17 Posts: 904Member ✭✭
edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM in Support
According to 

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-resolve-IPC-6024 

Please Note: We are aware that some users may experience this error message when viewing a live digital TV broadcast. We are currently investigating this issue however if you press the OK button on the remote control it will remove the message from the screen. An information bar may then appear which can be removed by changing channel up or down.

Can Youview reps kjndly provide an update on their  investigation progress please.

Comments

• SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM
    Hi zulu17 - This messaging is actually out of date now, the issue mentioned in the note above was resolved a while back. IPC-6024 can still occur on Internet Channels but shouldn't be apparent on Live Digital Channels.

I will amend the FAQ accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out! 
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 904Member ✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM
    thanks for clarifying
  • John LloydJohn Lloyd Posts: 7Member
    edited 11 February 2016, 1:50PM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

Talk talk is totally rubbish in every way imaginable and the worst thing that has ever happened to me
  • StephenStephen Posts: 664Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:55PM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

Is there anything specific we can attempt to fix to help alleviate your torment? Related or unrelated to this one-year-old thread?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,813Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:40AM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

John has clearly never been kicked in the goolies :-)
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,184Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:06PM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

John Lloyd, if you have a problem post it, we'll do our best to help. If you don't, don't.
  • David MoraleeDavid Moralee Posts: 26Member
    edited 3 March 2017, 7:33AM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

My box wont boot up. It keeps going around in circles. It says I'm waking up. Then gies to bt screen shot. Then crashes and hoes back to waking up. Etc. When it crashes the box makes a very steange whirling noise in 3 different tones. It is over 4 years old so no warranty
    edited 3 March 2017, 9:55AM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

It beebs 5 times then drones a bit then changes pitch. It takes 5 seconds for it to go beeb beeb then goes to nearly ready page. And when the bt motive comes up it freezs.
    I have just plugged it into Internet to see if it will update to resolve the problem.
    edited 3 March 2017, 9:58AM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

Bt screen shows 0.05. Then it trys to reboot. Its like its trying to boot up but cant.
    edited 3 March 2017, 11:38AM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

It is half way between a clicking and chirping noise? if so, it sounds like the hard drive inside the box is failing to spin up correctly. You've said about warranty, so I assume you weren't provided the box by BT (if you had been, no matter how old it was, if you're still on their TV contract, they may be able to help you with a replacement).

If you bought the box at retail and it's definitely out of warranty it will depend on your level of technical confidence. A replacement hard drive of the correct physical size may solve the problem, but it may be worth trying the current drive in a computer first as it might either be a drive failure or a failure of some component in the box to power up the drive correctly, and the drive itself might actually be fine. Doing any of this kind of surgery yourself is obviously unsupported, but the people on this forum may be able to help you along if you want to try it.

As an aside, I'm intrigued as to what has drawn multiple people to post their fresh problems/gripes into this particular ancient thread rather than starting their own...
    edited 3 March 2017, 11:36AM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

Yes me bad. Thought i was writing a new thread. . But i have posted as a new thread.
    Thank you.
    edited 3 March 2017, 11:39AM
    zulu17 said:

thanks for clarifying

Oh sorry I should have looked around first - well you've got two official recommendations now!