Whilst watching a recording it skips to the end

Claire TwineClaire Twine Member Posts: 74
edited 30 April 2017, 8:56AM in Archived Posts
We have 2 T1010's which both have the same problem. Every time we watch a recording after about 3 minutes it "finishes" and the screen says "Playback Complete". I click ok and go back into my recording to where it "finished" and I am able to carry on watching. This has only been happening for about 2 weeks now on both boxes.
Any ideas please would be great. Thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    See the thread:-

https://community.youview.com/youview...

This problem, which has been going on since the last release about three months ago, is well known, and you are at the 'lucky' end of it, since for many people, three minutes is all they get, and there is no possibility of the restart you get which, while annoying, does at least mean your recordings are after all intact and complete.

But even luckier is that YouView have finally figured out what the problem is, and will release a fix as soon as possible, which unconfirmed reports indicate may be as soon as next week.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • etafetaf Member Posts: 35
    edited 30 April 2017, 8:56AM
    my neighbours have just been having the same issue this week - recordings are shown as 4 mins long 
    I did a full reset and retune and if still an issue , I was going to take the machine back.
    Thats not really fit for purpose - does the youview box just automatically update - or do i need to do something on their box settings
  • RobinGrayRobinGray Member Posts: 6
    edited 20 October 2016, 5:31PM

I, too have been having the same playback issues. Thankfully not too often. However, last night The Voice did not record until I went to the guide and pressed play, then recording began.

Robin.

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    etaf said:

my neighbours have just been having the same issue this week - recordings are shown as 4 mins long 
    I did a full reset and retune and if still an issue , I was going to take the machine back.
    Thats not really fit for purpose - does the youview box just automatically update - or do i need to do something on their box settings

The box will automatically update whenever there is a new release of the software, as long as it is at least in standby and connected to the Internet overnight.

This, as we have seen, is a knife that cuts both ways.....

You can avoid these updates by switching the box off at the mains, pulling the plug on your router, or taking the Ethernet cable out of the YouView box.

But sooner or later, when you set it back up again, it will check for and apply the update as part of its startup procedure, so you are caught anyway :-(

It behooves people who supply updates without the option, to get them right first time, or failing that, right second time, after a very short delay. Or failing that, to provide a rollback.

One wonders who, if anybody, will be 'spending more time with his family' when the dust from this has settled.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 25 January 2015, 10:47AM
    etaf said:

Thanks
  • Claire TwineClaire Twine Member Posts: 74
    edited 25 January 2015, 6:19PM
    Thank you for the information - roll on the new update!
    Any news of the update ? this is now getting very frustrating for my neighbours who have a brand new box 
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 6:56PM
    etaf said:

Any news of the update ? this is now getting very frustrating for my neighbours who have a brand new box 

Hi etaf - I know this is a frustrating issue and please pass on our thanks to your neighbours for their patience. A fix for this has been developed and is currently being tested. We should be in a position soon to provide another update. To keep up to date, follow the main thread for this issue where Phil is providing the latest news.
    thanks, they planned to return the unit as not fit for purpose - i have suggested waiting to see what happens nextweek