Will the March 2015 software update resolve the HDMI problems encountered since the February 2015 up

Glynn LaveraCkGlynn LaveraCk Posts: 2Member
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
Will the March 2015 software update resolve the HDMI problems caused by the February update please. Getting really frustrated by the yvm607 error, blank Pink/purple screen & inability to connect to HDMI since this. Very frustrating.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,818Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Hi Glynn, and welcome to the Community!

There is no general consensus that the February update introduced any HDMI problems, is there? (Though please point me to the references if there is).

But this being so, the March update certainly isn't going to fix a problem that wasn't in the February update :-(

It's more likely that something went wrong for you by coincidence around that time, as there are still reports of YVM607 about; just not correlated with that update.

As ever, have you tried the things listed against YVM607 in the FAQs?

https://support.youview.com/articles/...

to which I would add making sure that the HDMI cable is firmly pushed in at both ends, and is running in free air as far as possible, to avoid picking up electrical interference from neighbouring cables and devices.

Do please let us know how you get on.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,424Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    Hi Glynn - the March update is for retail Huawei boxes whereas there were January and February update for TalkTalk Huawei boxes as well as a February update for retail and BT Humax boxes (i.e. these updates are for different sets of boxes). The March update is simply bringing to the retail Huawei boxes the features and fixes that the TalkTalk Huawei boxes received over the previous two month (and those Huawei related updates are broadly bringing those boxes into line with the features and fixes the BT and Humax boxes have received via their various updates). You can see a summary of the various updates in the consolidated list of updates and changes.

As such if your HDMI issue arose after a February update then I assume you either have a Huawei TalkTalk box or a (retail or BT) Humax box (since these sets of boxes all received an update in February) but the March update is not for any of these sets of boxes so would not carry any change or fix for your box.

If Roy's good advice above does not resolve the issue then in order for people to potentially offer more advice could you confirm which make (Humax or Huawei) and model of YouView box you have and who the supplier is/was (i.e. retail, BT, TalkTalk)?
  • Glynn LaveraCkGlynn LaveraCk Posts: 2Member
    edited 18 March 2015, 8:59PM
    Roy1 said:

There is no general consensus that the February update introduced any HDMI problems, is there? (Though please point me to the references if there is).

But this being so, the March update certainly isn't going to fix a problem that wasn't in the February update :-(

It's more likely that something went wrong for you by coincidence around that time, as there are still reports of YVM607 about; just not correlated with that update.

to which I would add making sure that the HDMI cable is firmly pushed in at both ends, and is running in free air as far as possible, to avoid picking up electrical interference from neighbouring cables and devices.

Many thanks for the swift response and welcoming me to the community Roy. No never suggested that there was any general consensus that the Feb update was the actual cause but appears to co-incident with that update. Bought a new HDMI cable today,. Conducted the restart as per instructed and it worked ....for 2 hours then error message yvm607 returned. My model is Humax DTR 1000. Incidentally due to Devon broadband reception being so poor I only use my aerial connection.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,818Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Roy1 said:

Bummer :-(

What make and model of TV is the YouView box so unhappy to feed?

Can you hook it up to the YouView box via SCART as well, so you can at least just flip over to that when it misbehaves?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 6:57PM
    Roy1 said:

Hi Glynn - Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue after trying a new cable. All the issues you've mentioned sound like some sort of HDMI negotiation failure. Whether that is being cause by the hardware or software of either the TV or the YouView box is difficult to say. We'd need to ask you some questions to get a better understanding of what might be causing this failure and ultimately try to resolve this issue for you.

If we could start with these questions:
    1. Make/Model of TV (as mentioned by Roy):
    2. Software Versions on the YouView box (Settings > System Information > Software Versions)
    3. What content were you watching when the YVM607 error appeared? (On Demand or Live TV channel)
    4. Is the HDMI cable being connected straight from the YouView box to the TV or do you have any additional equipment in between?
    5. Have you ever experienced this issue on a standard definition channel?
    Then could you try these steps:
    1. Try using the new HDMI cable on a different HDMI port on your TV.
    2. Do you know if the HDTV you are using is using the latest firmware. If you're not sure how to check this, you may find it in the user manual or if you let us know the make and model of your TV we can find out what you'll need to do. 
    3. Are you able to try the box on another HDTV in your home? If yes, could you try and see if the error re-appears. This would be particularly interesting and would bring us a step closer to identifying the root cause of the issue.
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,424Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    Potentially related to Sanj's comments and questions above, there is a recent sticky topic on the BT YouView forum asking people experiencing a pink or blank screen on start up to complete a short survey. Presumably if they are gathering data they have had a number of similar reports and are looking for a pattern to assist tracking down a bug or issue.

I've now added this as item 40 in the consolidated list of bugs and faults.