How can i one hidden channel other than restoring all the hidden channels?

johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Is there any way of retrieving one hidden channel other than restoring all the hidden channels, retrieving the one you want back, and then having to hide the other 90 odd?

Comments

• KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Hi johnnyshank - there is a work around to do this:
    As a work-around you can search for something that's on a hidden channel, select the programme and press OK, enter your PIN and that will unhide just that channel without unhiding them all.
    This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited 25 January 2017, 1:56PM
    Worked a treat, thank you very much.
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Glad to hear it worked as expected. Given the question comes up from time to time I've turned the answer into a top tip article :)
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited 25 January 2017, 1:56PM
    as I have over 90 channels hidden it would have been a bit of a chore just to retrieve 1
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM
    Keith1 said:

As a work-around you can search for something that's on a hidden channel, select the programme and press OK, enter your PIN and that will unhide just that channel without unhiding them all.
    This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)How on earth do you find this stuff? I find the search engine almost unusable. 
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:30PM
    Keith1 said:

This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)It is often easier to find things when you have a good idea (or know) the info exists and roughly what it is. In such a case one can potentially then form a better search term/phrase and pin down exactly where it was and exactly what it says. Probably quite a different method to that that leads to some of the very interesting insights and information you are able to bring to the forum ;-)
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    Keith1 said:

This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)This is Keith's way of saying..."I have physic powers" :)
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    Keith1 said:

Glad to hear it worked as expected. Given the question comes up from time to time I've turned the answer into a top tip article :)

Great addition to the Top Tips. Thanks Keith. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    Keith1 said:

This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)He can cure people's ailments with nostrums known only to apothecaries? :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:30PM
    Keith1 said:

This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)Sanj, If I had psychic powers I would have known in advance you would have (mis)typed the above. I'd also see Roy's jokes coming which could lead to unexpected bursts of unexplainable laughter at the most inopportune moments. Generally I restrict my healing powers to being a physician of IT systems and user problems, plus various wider organisational and management issues great and small ;-)
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 300 ✭✭
    edited 28 April 2015, 2:23PM
    Keith1 said:

This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)This workaround is interesting. Any reason why the search facility doesn't seem to work for LCN170-199 though?

I tried it on a variety of those channels (as they are the only ones I have hidden) with no success.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    Keith1 said:

This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)Are they hidden by the one-stop Adult settings in Parental Controls, or individually?

But I think this area has special rules; I can set a reminder for Suburban Perversions 4, or a recording for it, but it is not anything I can search for, even though I have the prön channels unhidden (purely in the interests of research, of course), and no Parental Controls set.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 300 ✭✭
    edited 28 April 2015, 5:26PM
    Keith1 said:

This tip comes courtesy of Piers' remark on this old topic :)No, my global "Restrict Adult Category" setting is set to "SHOW". I have hidden these channels individually, but whether they are hidden or not, they are un-searchable as you have confirmed, hence my question - why? It makes no sense if the adult restriction isn't in effect.