Humax DTR 1000 no HDMI output

John TooneJohn Toone Member Posts: 3
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
I have a DTR1000 and it has developed a fault where it no longer outputs HDMI although the SCART output works perfectly.

When booting up it will display the HUMAX logo while the display says "Please Wait", then the screen goes blank. if I switch to the Scart output it is working but nothing comes out of the HDMI port. I have tried different HDMI leads and different input ports on my Panasonic TV. However this is clutching at straws as the initial logo display surely proves the hardware is OK. I conclude this is a software bug. Does anyone know how to resolve it ??

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Hi John,just for test purposes connect the hdmi to another TV then see if it works.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • John TooneJohn Toone Member Posts: 3
    edited 16 August 2015, 5:14PM
    I don't have another TV. However I do know that the HDMI ports on my TV work perfectly with other peripherals I have. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    The initial display is 576i, and it then changes up to whatever higher resolution you have elected, plus HDCP.

So while on SCART, choose the lowest HDMI resolution (760i?) and see if you can get a picture on that.

As regards fixing software bugs, the first thing to try is to touch the Standby button for just over 8 seconds and let the box reset.

For a more drastic reset, but still keeping your recordings, (if not much else, which you will need to reinput) try a Maintenance Mode 4 reset, which will refresh the running software on the box, as per :-

https://support.youview.com/articles/...

Do let us know how you get on, and what, if anything, fixes your box.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • jasonr2000jasonr2000 Member Posts: 85
    edited 21 May 2015, 7:43PM
    I'd say it sounds like he box is dieing mine has lost the free view tuner but all the Internet based channels still work and records so I'd say it's on its way out like mine is unless changing the output solves it
  • Paul Rizzardini D'AngeloPaul Rizzardini D'Angelo Member Posts: 2
    edited 22 May 2015, 8:21AM
    Sorry but my gut feeling is a dying motherboard rather than software but good luck with a factory reset, don't assume that it will save your recordings in any mode.
  • John TooneJohn Toone Member Posts: 3
    edited 16 August 2015, 5:14PM
    I have now tried a maintenance mode 5 reset as there was little worth keeping on the box. The fault is still present.

When booting the Humax logo is present for a minute or so (being broadcast at 720i) then at the point where it changes to the Youview logo the HDMI output goes blank. Both Scart and composite outputs are OK. My conclusion is that the box cannot negotiate the HDMI settings with my Panasonic smart TV. This must be a software bug. If I set the output in video settings to 720p it still does not work. 

Any more clues anyone ? Or do I bin it and buy something Non-Humax ?
  • jasonr2000jasonr2000 Member Posts: 85
    edited 22 May 2015, 9:43AM

I have now tried a maintenance mode 5 reset as there was little worth keeping on the box. The fault is still present.

When booting the Humax logo is present for a minute or so (being broadcast at 720i) then at the point where it changes to the Youview logo the HDMI output goes blank. Both Scart and composite outputs are OK. My conclusion is that the box cannot negotiate the HDMI settings with my Panasonic smart TV. This must be a software bug. If I set the output in video settings to 720p it still does not work. 

Any more clues anyone ? Or do I bin it and buy something Non-Humax ?

It's not the brand of box or TV it's the fact that the motherboard in the box is failing the t1000 was known to fail so I'd say it's time to upgrade to a newer version or just use it via scart like I previously said it's a box fault not anything to do with the TV and it's dieing off
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 844 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2017, 12:01PM
    Hello John,

I have exactly the same problem, see my post here.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/february-update-broke-my-youview-box

This, I think, is something to do with HDCP and appears to have been introduced for me when the box was updated in February to overcome a recording problem.

Anyone from YouView care to comment? (Sanj / Phil)
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 4:59PM
    Hi guys,

If you could provide some feedback on our survey questions here:

https://www.getfeedback.com/r/iMhWuFcx

This will help with our investigation of the issue, if we have any further updates on this we will let you know.

Thanks,

Phil
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 844 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2017, 12:01PM
    Phil / Sanj

Survey completed.

After many reboots the YouView box connected once via HDMI and then immediately spat the dummy with a YVM607 error ( you can't watch this program on your TV as content protection could not be enabled.)

Smoking gun I think.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • Christopher BlythChristopher Blyth Member Posts: 2
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    I have the same issue, have a retail Youview box Humax DTR-T1010 1TB since Dec 2013.  It has been fine but over recent weeks the box has started with a pink screen a few times.  Now it boots up with the Humax start screen, then when the Youview boot screen normally appears it says no signal.

It also comes up with error YVM607 sometimes when trying to play back a recording.

I have tried the following:

A different HDMI cable
    A different HDMI port on the tv 
    A factory reset from the main menu.
    Connected the box to another TV via HDMI 

At the moment I cant get past the Humax boot screen to check the youview software all I know is the Humax software which is A7.76.  One thing I did notice is the fan on the back was not spinning.  Not sure if it only comes on when the box gets hot.

The only way I can get past the Humax screen is to switch it off at the back for a few hours.  Then restart.
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM

I have the same issue, have a retail Youview box Humax DTR-T1010 1TB since Dec 2013.  It has been fine but over recent weeks the box has started with a pink screen a few times.  Now it boots up with the Humax start screen, then when the Youview boot screen normally appears it says no signal.

It also comes up with error YVM607 sometimes when trying to play back a recording.

A different HDMI cable

At the moment I cant get past the Humax boot screen to check the youview software all I know is the Humax software which is A7.76.  One thing I did notice is the fan on the back was not spinning.  Not sure if it only comes on when the box gets hot.

The only way I can get past the Humax screen is to switch it off at the back for a few hours.  Then restart.

It looks like your HDMI side has failed. Does it work off the SCART?
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 6:57PM

A different HDMI cable

Christopher - Let us know how you get on with trying with SCART. Then can you also fill out our survey for this issue: https://www.getfeedback.com/r/iMhWuFcx  
  • Christopher BlythChristopher Blyth Member Posts: 2
    edited 13 July 2015, 7:05PM

A different HDMI cable

Sorry it has taken so long as the tv it is plugged into does not have a scart connector as the tv is so thin. I found an old tv it works on scart but it also works on hdmi for a short while then goes off.  Sometimes unplugging the hdmi cable and inserting it again helps but not always.

I think there is an issue with the HDMI connection on the youview box.
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:40AM

A different HDMI cable

On your YouView box certainly. But not on every YouView box.

Did you get an extended warranty, or fill in the Humax flyer in the box to get an extra year?

If so, I'd invoke this before it runs out .

By the way, my 2012 Samsung is extremely thin, but comes with a cable that dangles a SCART socket off a small proprietary connector that plugs into the TV itself.

As a temporary measure, at least, it may be worth looking in the bag of bits left over when you got the TV, to see if you wrere supplied with one of these initially, but ignored it.