February Update Broke HDMI on My Youview Box

AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 844 ✭✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM in Archived Posts
Since the February update (the one that fixed the recording glitch!) I have not been able to connect my box using the HDMI port.

When booting up the box, the TV will show the HUMAX splash screen (which my TV tells me is being output at 1280x720), but when the box switches to the YouView software the screen goes blank (and my TV reports No Signal)

Output is fine from SCART and RCA Video sockets (all be it at low resolution).

This is my third Humax box, and the most reliable so far, but now well out of warranty.

Steps taken to resolve this.

1) Different HDMI cables
2) Connected to a selection of different TV's
3) CEC on or off
4) Maintenance mode Internet / USB recovery, keep recordings
5) Maintenance mode Internet / USB recovery, delete recordings
6) Settings / Device management / Reset Youview box
7) 720p / 1080i / 1080p

And just about every combination of the above that you can think of. This must be a software problem as the HDMI port outputs the HUMAX splash screen at boot time! (Looks very much like a HDCP problem)

Current TV Samsung UE40JU7000

Any advice, help, comments would be appreciated as I am very close to junking this box completely since it now offers very little over and above what my new 2015 Samsung smart TV does.

Thanks

John.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

Comments

• SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM
    Hi Anaglypta, 

Phil has given a link to a survey for this issue in another thread. Could you fill that out when you get a chance. 
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 844 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2017, 12:01PM
    Phil / Sanj

Survey completed. 

After many reboots the YouView box connected once via HDMI and then immediately spat the dummy with a YVM607 error ( you can't watch this program on your TV as content protection could not be enabled.)

Smoking gun I think.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 4:59PM
    Hi John,

I wanted to check how you have been getting on with your box and whether there had been any changes to how it's behaving with the error code appearing at all? What content in particular is bringing up the error (is it on demand playback or on standard channels)?

Phil
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 844 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2017, 12:01PM
    Hello Phil,

The box remains the same - no output via HDMI since the February update. As I said above, after many reboots the YouView box did connect once via HDMI and then immediately spat the dummy with a YVM607 error.

It's not connected since.

Also, someone from Youview towers phoned me regarding this issue. I am currently waiting for a call back from head office regarding "a solution" ;-)

John.
  • Jake KuyserJake Kuyser Member Posts: 2
    edited 7 June 2015, 5:09PM
    I have a similar problem since the October 2014 update. Having contacted Youview in February I'm still waiting for the promised fix. This is a long time and we're not happy.