Problems with ITVPLayer

joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 6:40PM in Archived Posts
Has anybody had a problem with ITVPlayer on their YouView box recently? Ours has been playing up. It started a few weeks ago. We would get two lots of adverts at the beginning, followed by the programme starting after the second set of adverts, missing out the first section of the programme. Now, the player loads, the rotating circle appears for a while, then it disappears and then nothing. No adverts or programme. Just a blank screen.

I contacted ITVPlayer and the response was to try the eight second reset of the box. I had already done that and a full software se-set of the box, so they then sent me a list of things to try - check cables, unplug router, check for dial-tone on phone (no, really!) etc. All useless, because all the other players work fine and I can watch ITVPlayer on a computer attached to the same network switch as the YouView Box.

Any ideas?

Comments

• joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 6:40PM
    ITVPlayer worked tonight, but only just. There was a long pause before the adverts started and then long pauses between the adverts and the programme.

ITVPlayer is an unreliable pain. It would probably be better to record the programme. At least then we could skip the adverts.