Two different BBC 1 regions at the same time

barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
edited 10 September 2017, 10:55AM in Archived Posts

Is there any way to load two different BBC 1 regions at the same time on YouVeiw. I would like to be able to record two different local news programs.

Comments

• dealerabdealerab Member Posts: 55
    edited 6 August 2017, 10:30AM
    What's on channels 800 and 801?
  • barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
    edited 10 September 2017, 10:55AM

Only goes up to channel 732 LBC radio. Although I do have 50 hidden channels.

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    You can do this if your YouView box detects two different BBC1 channels, and puts one in the 800 region, as dealerab describes.

Otherwise not.

I live in the Ridge Hill transmitter region, which correctly determines that it serves both the West Midlands and the Southwest.

But despite this, it only offers a choice of ITV region, the chosen one of which it makes 3, and the other 801, and has no choice of BBC1 region :-(
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    Why?
  • skillerskiller Member Posts: 305 ✭✭
    edited 20 June 2015, 12:23PM
    redchiz said:

Why?

I can't speak for barry, but there are plenty of times when I'd like to watch (and record) a local news report from two or more different regions. If my team has a big news story associated with it, I want to see all the airtime it gets! :)

Luckily, I get 800/801 populated with secondary BBC1/ITV regions.
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    @redchiz

Why what?

Something Barry Jones said, as Skiller possibly correctly assumes, or what I said?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 12:57PM
    Roy1 said:

@redchiz

Why what?

Something Barry Jones said, as Skiller possibly correctly assumes, or what I said?

I didn't understand why one might want to do this, skiller has kindly offered a reason.
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:40AM
    Roy1 said:

@redchiz

Why what?

Our local News usually comes from Birmingham, which is generally more relevant to us, though small local events in our town tend to be covered from Bristol.

Most of our TVs don't offer the choice, even though both regions are covered by separate transmissions from Ridge Hill. But the YouView box does, and it is good to have both.