[Discussion] Automatic Software Update June 2015

13»

Comments

• DavidKDavidK Member Posts: 24
    edited 11 August 2015, 2:12PM
    zulu17 said:

Apparently according to a thread on the BT community forum - there is a Humax software 21.50.10 coming

We expect to start updating customer boxes with this software in the last week of July with all boxes updated by the middle of August.

Do we know if   21.50.10 incorporate the  21.30.50 changes or are the retail and BT Humax boxes going on different software paths again ?.

Is there any update on solving these issue?

To be quite honest, I can live with the workaround for lost TV channels i.e. setting Eco Mode to Low.  What I can't live with is the loss of HDMI, which is at least 98% of the time, because when using the AV cables instead, I lose sound every few minutes.  I then have to try any number of the following actiuons to get it back (not all work all the time and a number have to be repeated for it to come back) - 1. Skip back a few seconds, 2. Fast rewind a few seconds or 3. Stop the playpack and then resume.  It is clear that the sound is on the recording - just not coming through.

As you can imagine, it makes watching any program a nightmare when it happens every couple of minutes - you kind of lose the plot!
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Administrator Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM
    zulu17 said:

Apparently according to a thread on the BT community forum - there is a Humax software 21.50.10 coming

We expect to start updating customer boxes with this software in the last week of July with all boxes updated by the middle of August.

Do we know if   21.50.10 incorporate the  21.30.50 changes or are the retail and BT Humax boxes going on different software paths again ?.

Hi David,

We have made progress with testing the fix for the lost TV channels issue and will let you know when this will be made available as soon as we can.

In terms of losing the HDMI picture every few minutes- could you let me know a few more details.
    • Does this happen on all content you are watching?
    • The model of TV your box is connected to and have you tried a different TV?
    • Have you tried different HDMI cables?
    We are not aware of any issue that should cause the box HDMI output to not work periodically so any additional details would help us to look into this.

Thanks,

Phil
    edited 11 August 2015, 3:40PM
    zulu17 said:

Phil,

This is what I said over 4 weeks ago on this thread:

As to HDMI, it is random and it has been going on for months, unlike the loss of TV channels which only started after the upgrade to the June 2015 update.  Sometimes it works no problem, sometimes the TV says "No signal" and sometimes the picture from the Humax is pink with no sound.  In the latter 2 cases, we just select AV on the TV, using the 3 AV cables from the Humax.  Note: I have tried 3 different HDMI cables into 3 different ports on this TV (9 combinations) and 1 port on a different TV (another 3 combinations) and the problem remains.  The problem mostly likely with the Humax not the cables or TV unless all 3 cables (from different manufacturers and lengths) are faulty.

It is independent of content.  In fact, HDMI seems to always work during the initial start of the box but 95%+ of the time, instead of then going to show a TV picture, the TV says "No signal" even though it did show the boot sequence.  For a small percentage of the time, the HDMI does work but is pink/magenta and with no sound.  For less than 2% of the time, it works but it can't be guaranteed to continue working during the lifetime of any program we wish to watch.

Someone else has/had a similar problem see: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/humax-dtr-1000-no-hdmi-output  I do not know if it was resolved.

The replies on that thread showed that someone else also had this issue see: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/february-update-broke-my-youview-box.  You seem to have replied to that thread within the last few months.  Like John on ths thread, I have a Samsung TV, albeit a 2013 model but the other TV is a much much older Panasonic.

David
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Administrator Posts: 1,040 admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM
    zulu17 said:

Hi David,

Thanks for updating me on this one-

From the description of the picture sometimes appearing as pink (with sound issues) this does indicate a potential handshake issue relating to the HDMI output of the box. The troubleshooting you have tried sounds extremely comprehensive in eliminating any issues related to the TV or a cable problem.

You also mention an issue in which the the boot sequence appears and the picture suddenly goes blank with no signal. We do have an existing thread mentioning an issue very similar to this here https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/youview_wont_work_via_hdmi_just_scart

If most of the time you are seeing the Humax splash screen and then the screen goes blank we would recommend getting in contact with your box provider, or Humax if it was purchased at retail.

In regards to the issues relating to lost channels and recording issues HD to SD, we are testing the fix and will make sure to update when this is available.

Phil
    edited 11 August 2015, 6:12PM
    zulu17 said:

Thank you Phil.

It was bought from a shop but I can't return to Humax, even though it is less than 2 years old, because the waranty tag on the side was removed by a very young child as it was "dangling".  No one has opened the box but it is considered 'void' when I rang up when it first started losing HDMI 10 months ago!

David
  • JustinHJustinH Member Posts: 1
    edited 12 August 2015, 9:00PM
    zulu17 said:

I am also having the same problem with a DT1000 losing channels that DavidK has reported.  The problem started just over a week ago (looses all channels when turned off).  I have also done a factory reset, and an internet recovery (delete recordings) whilst in Maintenance Mode, but nothing seems to fix it.  Is there a way to set the box back to the previous software build to see if the problem has been caused by the latest Youview update?
    edited 12 August 2015, 9:16PM
    zulu17 said:

There appears not to be a way to go back. The workaround that works for me and others is to set Eco Mode to LOW
  • NickNick Member Posts: 594
    edited 17 July 2017, 11:31AM
    Any chance of a really useful update coming to us rather than the minor releases we've been getting all this year? Where are all the promised feature rich releases? Can't you at least release one that addresses some of the long standing customer complaints listed in Keith's postings...
  • JoeJoe Member, Super User Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 August 2015, 8:53AM
    Nick4 said:

Any chance of a really useful update coming to us rather than the minor releases we've been getting all this year? Where are all the promised feature rich releases? Can't you at least release one that addresses some of the long standing customer complaints listed in Keith's postings...

Restart on the BBC iplayer channels has been a welcome and useful up date for me, and one that I mentioned in the early days of the forum. I believe it's on Keith's list.
    Shame it's broken for s4c though.

Does restart count?
  • MattManMattMan Member Posts: 277
    edited 22 June 2016, 4:23PM
    Nick4 said:

Joe I think restart would count if I could get it to work, I tried yesterday with the F1 on BBC one but I could not get it to restart, it might be just me.
    What button do you press to restart a programme.
  • Matthew JohnsMatthew Johns Member Posts: 98
    edited 24 August 2015, 9:25AM
    Nick4 said:

Currently the only way that I've got restart to work was by going via the iPlayer app, of course YMMV.
  • NickNick Member Posts: 594
    edited 24 August 2015, 9:37AM
    Nick4 said:

@Joe, its updates that would include these kind of features as well
    https://community.youview.com/youview...

As well as ones like turning off Now TV from all searches and film listings.

Just getting a little stir crazy with the distinct lack of platform wide development.
    edited 24 August 2015, 10:16AM
    Nick4 said:

@ mattman restart only works through the iplayer app at the moment. You have to go to the channels section then select live on the left and it will give you the option to restart.
    edited 24 August 2015, 10:18AM
    Nick4 said:

@ mattman restart only works through the iplayer app at the moment. You have to go to the channels section then select live on the left and it will give you the option to restart.
  • MattManMattMan Member Posts: 277
    edited 22 June 2016, 4:23PM
    Nick4 said:

Thanks Joe I will give that a try next time I need it.