[Discussion] Automatic BT software update July 2015

SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM in Announcements
Hi all,

This thread is open to feedback for the July 2015 BT YouView software update.

Feel free to let us know your thoughts.

If you have any issues with the update, let us know by leaving us a description of the issue followed by:
  • Box Make/Model (Settings > System Information > Device Information)
  • Software Versions (Settings > System Information > Software Versions)

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Disappointed that Youview didn't respond to the question I raised last week -

Do we know if   21.50.10 incorporate the  21.30.50 changes or are the retail and BT Humax boxes going on different software paths again ?.

• SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    zulu17 said:

Do we know if   21.50.10 incorporate the  21.30.50 changes or are the retail and BT Humax boxes going on different software paths again ?.

Sorry Zulu17, must have missed that question. 21.50.10 does include the changes from 21.30.50. The July update just has some further minor changes specific to BT. Both updates add no new functionality.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited 14 December 2016, 10:35PM
    zulu17 said:

Thank You for clarifying
  • Nicholas BernierNicholas Bernier Member Posts: 4
    I have a DTRT1000. The current software versions are 20.9.30, 2.8.18 on 1234 which was downloaded on 10/2/15. Over the last 3 or 4 weeks I've sometimes been getting messages on startup about new software but when I proceed to download it never gets beyond 0%. I've tried manually checking for new software & downloading but the same thing happens and the menus never record the fact that the availability of software updates has been checked. On top of this the hard drive seems to be permanently running in standby even though Eco High is set. Please advise. Thanks, Nick

I have a DTRT1000. The current software versions are 20.9.30, 2.8.18 on 1234 which was downloaded on 10/2/15. Over the last 3 or 4 weeks I've sometimes been getting messages on startup about new software but when I proceed to download it never gets beyond 0%. I've tried manually checking for new software & downloading but the same thing happens and the menus never record the fact that the availability of software updates has been checked. On top of this the hard drive seems to be permanently running in standby even though Eco High is set. Please advise. Thanks, Nick

Hi Nicholas - It looks like your box has been trying to update to the March 21.10.0 Update for some reason hasn't been able to. 

If you are unable to update manually, we'd recommend trying a Maintenance Mode Reset (Keep Recordings) to see if your box will update. The July update is a phased roll out so you may not pick this one up but you should be able to update to 21.10.0.

As for the hard drive, when you are in High Eco-Mode, when you put the box into standby it can take around 7 minutes or so to go into deep standby, whereby the hard drive should stop spinning. However if you have a recording taking place the hard drive will need to be active or if you have a recording scheduled in the next 15 minutes then the hard drive will remain active to prepare for that scheduled recording.
    edited 24 July 2015, 6:02PM

Thank you Sanj. I thought you might opt for the Reset! I've now tried several times (Power Off/Power On/Vol- but it never goes to Maintenance mode."Please Wait" is all I get before it finally shows a timer. I should say that because of problems with a previous box I'm well used to getting into Maintenance mode. I'm trying to save my recordings and other than updating the box is working OK - do I have any options other than a software reset via the remote? Thanks, Nick
    edited 27 July 2015, 9:18AM

Sanj - over the weekend I noticed that the hard drive was no longer permanently running and then that startup was operating correctly in Eco High. So I then tried a manual software update and, hey presto!, it all happened and the box is now running on 21.10.0. So my abortive attempts to enter the Maintenance mode somehow un-froze part of the program. I haven't tried to go back into Maintenance mode yet but perhaps I'll leave well alone! Thanks for your help. Nick

Thanks for the update Nick. Glad you managed to update.
  • Steve B1Steve B1 Member Posts: 13
    I did a manual upgrade last night - and it seemed to do an upgrade as it rebooted the box.  However when I logged in I lost all my BT IP channels as well as the BT TV App.

On looking at the version though it seems like an old version has been installed.

My box's details are (purchased direct from BT):

Humax DTRT100
    Variant 80B08500

Software:

My ISP is BT with Infinity using a BT Hub 5.

I tried a soft reboot (holding down the front button for a few seconds) but that didn't help.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Steve
    Steve B1 said:

I did a manual upgrade last night - and it seemed to do an upgrade as it rebooted the box.  However when I logged in I lost all my BT IP channels as well as the BT TV App.

On looking at the version though it seems like an old version has been installed.

Humax DTRT100
    Variant 80B08500

Software:

I tried a soft reboot (holding down the front button for a few seconds) but that didn't help.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about that. It looks like your ISP configuration (6) have reverted back to the standard YouView ISP Configuration. Try a manual software update again and see if that brings back your IP channels and BT TV App.
    edited 27 July 2015, 11:34AM
    Steve B1 said:

Humax DTRT100
    Variant 80B08500

Software:

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Steve

I've just tried that and it just says "software up to date" and doesn't install anything.
    Steve B1 said:

Humax DTRT100
    Variant 80B08500

Software:

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Steve

Ideally we wanted it to update your ISP Configuration, If you check your software versions, has that changed at all?

If not I'd suggest you contact BT directly to check your account. BT may need to change something their end to resolve this.
    edited 27 July 2015, 12:30PM
    Steve B1 said:

Humax DTRT100
    Variant 80B08500

Software:

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Sanj,

Thanks a lot for your help its working now.  What I did was as follows:

1. Tried a manual update - but got a message saying that download had failed.
    2. Soft reset by holding down button front of box for a few seconds
    3. Manual upgrade - box rebooted itself

BT Player and ISP Channels now working OK.

The software versions are unchanged as above apart from ISP which is now 203 instead of 6.

Again - thanks for your prompt help.

Regards,

Steve
    Steve B1 said:

Humax DTRT100
    Variant 80B08500

Software:

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Steve

Perfect - Thanks Steve
  • Adam_TAdam_T Member Posts: 62
    edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM
    Hi, i have a BT branded Humax box but on TalkTalk, will I get/do I need this update or is purely for BT TV customers...? Thankyou!
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 11:54PM
    Adam_T said:

Hi, i have a BT branded Humax box but on TalkTalk, will I get/do I need this update or is purely for BT TV customers...? Thankyou!

You do get it, as rollouts are based on box type not on which ISP they are now connected to.
    Generally, ISP-flavoured updates may be less relevant to you depending on whether or not you get boost channels, but buxfixes and new features etc. will potentially be useful to you. This particular release only has fixes but will be fine and should apply automatically during the night for you.
  • Old Welsh DragonOld Welsh Dragon Member Posts: 367
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:20PM
    I have a BT G4 box, I've not yet received the latest software download.  When I try to force (manually ) download I get download failed message. 
    Nothing wrong with my internet connection as all the internet channels work as does catch up services.