Recording failure when watching netflix

Mike Harris1Mike Harris1 Member Posts: 17
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
I schedule recordings but that don't work if I am watching Netflix. They still show as scheduled though

Comments

• SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Hi Mike - Sorry to hear about that. We have a few questions to ask you to get a better understanding of the issue:
    • Can you let me know what recordings failed to record while watching Netflix? (Channel/Programme/Date & Time)
    • Do these recordings appear in MyView Recordings as failed or are they not appearing in MyView at all and only appear in the scheduled recordings list?
    • While watching Netflix, do you notice a banner appear on the top of the screen to say the programme has started recording?
    • Can you let us know your box make/model (Settings > System Information > Device Information)
    • Can you also let us know your software versions (Settings > System Information > Software Versions)
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Have you tried a soft reset? Touch the standby button for just over 8 seconds, and let the box non-destructively soft reboot.

This has been known to cure various ills displayed by individual YouView boxes.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Mike Harris1Mike Harris1 Member Posts: 17
    Tried that Roy.sanj I have sent you several e mails re the continuing problems. Have you received them
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM

Tried that Roy.sanj I have sent you several e mails re the continuing problems. Have you received them

Hi Mike, 

I have checked our community inbox ([email protected]) and not seen any emails from you. Where did you send these emails to?

Alternatively you can post your responses to the questions here on this thread.
    edited 14 September 2015, 10:43AM

Okay I will send them to the address above
    edited 14 September 2015, 10:48AM

These were the answers to your original questions, there have been lots of problems unrelated to netflix since I first contacted you. It's very frustrating
    Bake Off BBC 1 20.00-21.00
    Doctor Foster BBC1 21.00-22.00

Bake Off appeared in Scheduled
    Dr Foster Says failed

No banner seen

Humax dtrt1000

Thanks Mike,

Have any recordings failed outside of watching Netflix?
    Are you experiencing failed recordings on any other channel besides BBC One?
    Did the Bake Off also appear in MyView as failed or not at all?
    edited 14 September 2015, 11:17AM

Yes failed recording when not watching Netflix

Yes failed recordings on other channels

Bake off was not on myview as failed
    edited 14 September 2015, 11:45AM
    Write a reply

Thanks Mike, so this may be more of a wide spread recording issue for you as opposed to a specific issue with failed recordings when watching Netflix. Watching Netflix may not be related at all, but we will still consider this as a possibility.

Some more questions to ask:
    • Have you had any successful recordings recently?
    • Have you been experiencing any signal issues or error codes recently?
    • How much Hard Drive space do you have left? (shown in MyView)
    In the meantime, its worth checking to see if the programmes that failed to record are available On Demand for you to catch up on.
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Yes about 90% of recordings are sucessful

No signal or error code issues

85% Harddrive left

If I use catch up or IPLayer I use my Broadband limit which means I have to pay extra

85% Harddrive left

If I use catch up or IPLayer I use my Broadband limit which means I have to pay extra

Thanks Mike.

When did you first notice this issue? and can you send us your postcode to [email protected] (we will check to see if there are any issues in your area that could be causing disruptions but don't want you to post your personal information on the forum)
    edited 14 September 2015, 12:42PM

85% Harddrive left

E mail just sent

85% Harddrive left

Got it. Everything checks out for your transmitter. No engineering works, no 4G interference. Good strong signal. 

It isn't obvious what the issue could be, so it may be a internal issue. To err on the side of caution, could you try:
    • Re-tuning your channels (Settings > TV Signal & Quality > Re-Tune Channels)
    • If you get a choice of regions during the re-tune please let me know. 
    • Deleting your scheduled recordings for the failed programmes and try setting them up again
    Can you also let me know what your aerial set up is like? including any additional equipment.
    edited 15 September 2015, 11:00AM

85% Harddrive left

The aerial goes into the youview box. There is a DVD player as additional equipment.
    I will delete all scheduled recordings and set them up again.
    I have re tuned as requested. At the end of the retune the only option I had was finish
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM

85% Harddrive left

I think Sanj might have wanted to know if your aerial was a piece of wet string, a state-of-the-art Yagi array, or something in between :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 15 September 2015, 3:32PM

85% Harddrive left

It's something in between

85% Harddrive left

Thanks Mike, how did your recordings go over the weekend?

It would be good to know:
    • What kind or aerial you use, i.e indoor, loft or roof aerial etc?
    • Do you use anything like a signal booster or aerial signal splitter?
    • Does your aerial go into the DVD player first, then into the YouView box?

85% Harddrive left

Unless it is a DVD recorder, Qu3 may be more or less self-answering :-)
    edited 23 September 2015, 4:32PM

85% Harddrive left

Hi sanj
    Have not had any problems lately.
    It is an outside aerial without any booster
    The aerial goes straight into the BT box

Mike
    edited 26 September 2015, 11:35PM

85% Harddrive left

Sanj the problems have started again.I am getting fed up with having a recording system that I never know if it will record or not!!!!!! The bake off didn't work the other night. Tonight I had BBC 1 strictly come dancing set to record at 1815 . it has recorded 2 minutes only!!!!!! I need a resolution

85% Harddrive left

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that. I was really hoping that was all sorted for you.

Looking at what we know, your up-to date with the software, plenty of space on the HDD, re-tune doesn't present you with a choice of regions, no engineering works/4G interference that is affecting you, no error codes suggesting weak or lost signal and re-scheduling recordings and re-tuning hasn't worked.

If you can confirm nothing happened while you were recording the bake off, like a re-tune, software update, reboot, that might have disrupted the recording, then we're then only left with a couple of options:
    • If your aerial cable is detachable from a wall socket, try another aerial cable. The feed may have been corrupted if the cable is faulty.
    • Try a Maintenance Mode Reset. There is an option to keep your recordings and a more thorough option of deleting all recordings. Instructions for your device can be found on our support site.

85% Harddrive left

Mike

Can you confirm that these latest problems occurred because you were watching Netflix at the time, and all is OK when you aren't, or are these failures actually independent of watching Netflix?
    edited 29 September 2015, 7:08AM

85% Harddrive left

Independent of watching netflix

85% Harddrive left

Cheers Mike.

I guess it happening with Netflix running might just have been a coincidence then.
    edited 29 September 2015, 12:29PM

85% Harddrive left

Think so
    Write a reply
    Sanj
    I am still having occasional problems. Thinking about it they started when I received the new Box and Aerial Lead. Could you send me another Aerial lead to try. Mike

Write a reply
    Sanj
    I am still having occasional problems. Thinking about it they started when I received the new Box and Aerial Lead. Could you send me another Aerial lead to try. Mike

Hi Mike,

I can't send you any equipment I'm afraid. Did you get your box from retail or BT?
    edited 6 October 2015, 2:06PM

Write a reply
    Sanj

BT

Write a reply
    Sanj

You can try contacting BT directly to see if they would supply you with one, but I am not 100% sure if they do. Did you keep the old cable you were using before?