ITV Hub

Adam_TAdam_T Member Posts: 59
edited 20 March 2017, 5:24PM in Archived Posts
Hi, do you think Youview will move over to the new brand for the ITV Player? :-)
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/media-streamers/1403959/itv-hub-to-replace-itv-play...

Comments

• JoeJoe Member Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 January 2016, 1:47PM
    Could be good if it makes the itv service more dynamic. Like including a similar facility for live restart as on the BBC Iplayer. Wonder if it will have some sort of itv store for purchasing past itv broadcast programs?
    edited 6 March 2017, 2:50PM
    Would have thought that Youview will be getting whatever the service becomes, as it says connected TVs and the new freeview play will be getting it
  • stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    Joe2 said:

Would have thought that Youview will be getting whatever the service becomes, as it says connected TVs and the new freeview play will be getting it

When is it due to launch?
  • dvdjamesdvdjames Member Posts: 48
    edited 28 November 2016, 12:27PM
    Joe2 said:

24th November
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrgKPHuZDGw
  • David8David8 Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited 15 December 2016, 2:16PM
    Joe2 said:

I'd like to see ITV add HD it's service is not a patch on iPlayer.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member Posts: 9,656 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    Adam_T>
    Hi, do you think Youview will move over to the new brand for the ITV Player? :-)

Yes it will, as ITV will make this available to all platforms as it will become their default player. Hope its better than the current one, because the current one is bloody awful.
    For the first time we agree lol.
    It now says ITV Hub in the players section.
    edited 23 February 2017, 4:29PM
    It looks like it's just a branding change at this point. The Hub itself currently appears to be the same as ITV Player was.
    When new content becomes shortly available, the 'Header' is always uploaded first, then after that the content. Or in this case a whole new Player. 
    edited 24 November 2015, 1:46PM
    Looks like the work on the new ITVhub has been done. Not much of an improvement. Pretty much the same from what I can see, except for the lighter background. Shame they can't add innovative features like the BBC's Live Restart to ITVhub? What about opening up the ITV archives for viewing in the ITV Hub, Like the BBC Store are planning to do?
    What is there now (or at least what was there last night), is not the new Hub, it's just a rebranded ITV Player . I imagine there will be a little wait until we get the new version.
    edited 24 November 2015, 2:01PM
    dvdjames said:

What is there now (or at least what was there last night), is not the new Hub, it's just a rebranded ITV Player . I imagine there will be a little wait until we get the new version.

Do you think? It looks to me that this is it on Youview. Its all the ITV channels under the ITVhub brand. Hope I'm wrong and there is more innovation to come
    dvdjames said:

Oh, maybe you're right. I've not seen it today, but what I saw last night just looked like the same old thing with different colours. I got the impression that the full switch would be a bigger change. I didn't often use ITV Player though so may be wrong. I'm more excited by the prospect of BBC store access through iPlayer. Fingers crossed for that next year.
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM
    dvdjames said:

No, when its launched YouView will announce it officially. This just looks like a face lift. 
    edited 24 November 2015, 2:40PM
    dvdjames said:

...Brain transplant to follow :) hope so it could do with more innovation. @dvdjames ,yes I'm looking forward to BBC store in iplayer on Youview too. That will be very significant
  • zulu17zulu17 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 11:49AM
    Reading the terms and conditions for using the ITV Hub on Youview at

http://www.itv.com/terms/itvhub/itvhub-youview

2.2. To be eligible to use the ITV Hub you must be:

2.2.1. 16 years old or over. If you are under 18 you must have a parent or guardian’s permission to use the ITV Hub;
    2.2.2. located in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man (the “Territory”); and
    2.2.3. a natural person (i.e. not a company or other business entity).

If you do not meet the above criteria you should not access or use the ITV Hub. You agree that you will provide us with proof of your identity if reasonably requested by us to do so from time to time.

By the way the ITV Hub Help on Youview lists an incorrect address to read the T&Cs

edited 24 November 2015, 9:30PM
    After the itv hub update it seems like they've quickend the startup time a bit. A move in the right direction.

Shame they haven't used this update as an opportunity to introduce HD content. I'd still like to see live streams of the itv channels with the ability to restart like in BBC iplayer
    edited 24 November 2015, 9:30PM
    Joe2 said:

After the itv hub update it seems like they've quickend the startup time a bit. A move in the right direction.

Shame they haven't used this update as an opportunity to introduce HD content. I'd still like to see live streams of the itv channels with the ability to restart like in BBC iplayer

I wonder if they will introduce itv hub premium for getting rid of adverts?
  • Lesley GravesLesley Graves Member Posts: 1
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    I can't get Itv hub to work. It shows the adverts but the programme doesn't come up. Any ideas?
  • RoyRoy Member Posts: 15,372 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM

I can't get Itv hub to work. It shows the adverts but the programme doesn't come up. Any ideas?

Yes - it means it is no better than the ITV player it has replaced, which was notorious for doing this :-(

But if you let ITV know what the affected programme you were trying to watch is, they may investigate and fix the problem for you, and for those others who desire to watch it.
    Who would have thought it? My little two-person business made about £15.65m more profit last year than YouView did....  :p
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM

This was supposed to be a complete upgrade. Including digital purchase to keep downloads. Turns out to be just a let-down.
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    edited 20 March 2017, 5:24PM
    Should have been better if ITV, had used the money to better programmes.
  • info2info2 Member Posts: 3
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Problem  .  .I've trying for days to 'sign in'  or even 'register' and on both counts it's denying me access . . .the screen just goes on half power.   Someone help me get back to the easy op of ITV iPLAYER
  • RoyRoy Member Posts: 15,372 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    info2 said:

Problem  .  .I've trying for days to 'sign in'  or even 'register' and on both counts it's denying me access . . .the screen just goes on half power.   Someone help me get back to the easy op of ITV iPLAYER

Hi info

I wonder why your name does not show up?

Alas, the ITV Player is no more :-(

Which model of YouView box or TV (half power screen makes me think this must be on a Sony Android TV with YouView) are you having this problem on, though, and who is your ISP?

And if this is indeed a box, and your ISP is BT or TalkTalk, are you subscribed to their TV services?
    Who would have thought it? My little two-person business made about £15.65m more profit last year than YouView did....  :p
    edited 23 January 2016, 1:48PM
    Joe2 said:

Could be good if it makes the itv service more dynamic. Like including a similar facility for live restart as on the BBC Iplayer. Wonder if it will have some sort of itv store for purchasing past itv broadcast programs?

Found this old article. Looks like an ITV store was on the cards at one point:

https://recombu.com/digital/article/i...

Couldn't see that working without HD being available though.
    edited 23 January 2016, 1:52PM

Well ITV are being left for dust by iplayer now. It's looking like a second rate service by comparison with the innovation and HD on BBC iplayer. Restart is now excellent with quality HD steams, the interface is much better, and we're soon to get BBC store.

I completely agree, it's worth remembering that iPlayer is only that good because of the license fee.
    edited 23 January 2016, 2:50PM

Very True. The other side of the coin is that as a commercial channel wanting to stay relevant in the IP on demand age they really need to invest more and innovate ( or copy the BBC) to stay competitive. I hardly use ITV hub, I don't think that is just down to programming type and adverts. It's a lower quality experience over all when navigating and streaming programs.

One thing is for sure the digital age has opened up inequality in the way we recieve broadcast material, and that is going to have an impact.
  • info2info2 Member Posts: 3
    edited 23 January 2016, 4:58PM
    info2 said:

No it's on my laptop I'm trying to gain access to the ITV HUB . . .RE MY NAME NOT SHOWING UP ,I suppose just a techy error on my part.