Unable to access settings

leslieleslie Posts: 2Member
edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM in Archived Posts
Audio description suddenly turned on by itself. My screen froze in playback and I reset. After reset A.D appeared. I cannot access settings to turn it off as when I click on settings it stays 'loading' but goes no further. I have reset many times. The last time I tried it was loading for 20 minutes until I came out of the screen. Audio description s driving me nuts and I can't watch shows like this. Any ideas? Or does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• StephenStephen Posts: 644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM
    One: to turn off A.D. just press the button on your remote, next to Zero.
    Two: Do you have internet connected? There have been reports of some people unable to get into settings with their internet connection unplugged.
  • leslieleslie Posts: 2Member
    edited 23 October 2015, 6:24PM
    Stephen you are an absolute star!! Didn't know about the AD button. I've recently moved home and the internet won't be connected for another 2 days so you are no doubt correct on that also. Many thanks to you :-)
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    ***FIXED***

The issue with settings getting stuck on loading should be fixed in the latest software update. This update is currently rolling out to Retail Humax YouView boxes. If you are on this software version and still have the issue please let us know. 
  • Kashif QureshiKashif Qureshi Posts: 3Member
    edited 26 April 2016, 11:02PM
    Sanj said:

***FIXED***

The issue with settings getting stuck on loading should be fixed in the latest software update. This update is currently rolling out to Retail Humax YouView boxes. If you are on this software version and still have the issue please let us know. 

Hi I'm having this precise problem, when I try to access settings, it just says loading. How can I update firmware without being able to access settings or device management?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,655Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    Sanj said:

***FIXED***

Have you got the box connected to the internet?

This is still needed to get to Settings, despite the ***FIXED*** above, which is for a slightly different problem with getting into Settings.

An aerial connection is no bad thing, either.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 27 April 2016, 9:24AM
    Sanj said:

***FIXED***

Yes it's connected to the Internet, via an Ethernet cable.
    Sanj said:

***FIXED***

OK, try the soft reset. While not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby button/ring on the fascia of the YouView box for just over eight seconds, till it does the soft reboot.

Any improvement?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 27 April 2016, 4:14PM
    Sanj said:

***FIXED***

No I've done that numerous times. No access to settings
    Sanj said:

***FIXED***

OK then, the one-before-doomsday option is a Mode 4 reset here:-

https://support.youview.com/articles/...

It keeps your recordings at least, but refreshes *everything* else.

If that does not fix it, then I'm all out of ideas :-(