Is there anyway to receive Talking Pictures Freeview Channel 81 on the Humax HDR-T1000?

barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
edited 10 September 2017, 10:55AM in Support

Is there anyway to receive Talking Pictures Freeview Channel 81 on the Humax HDR-T1000?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Retune.

Though I see that on mine, it is simply present without me having had to do anything at all.

If it still does not appear on retuning, though, it may be that you are in a Freeview Lite area and so won't receive it OTA - how many Freeview channels do you get, around 35, or around 100?

Can you get this channel direct on your TV?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
    edited 31 January 2018, 4:29PM

Don’t have a TV I use a monitor

Tried a retune no joy, my local transmitter is a lite. But if memory serves I am on the Crystal Palace transmitter. My list of HD channels is

BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, ITV1, CH4                     

Because on the no channel reorder I have hidden all the 4Seven, E4, More4, 5*, 5+1 5+24 and so on.

edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Hi Barry

Crystal Palace is a Full Freeview transmitter, so if you are on a Light one, this is unlikely to be it.

Try entering your details in the coverage checker, top right on this page:-

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

and see what it returns.

It seems absurdly difficult for someone with Full Freeview to determine what channels Freeview Light does and does not carry, though you can always check this for your local transmitter. Here is such a one, though it may not be completely up to date:-

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/MAR...

But according to that list, several of the channels you have hidden are not carried on Freeview Light, so I would not expect your YouView box to display them anyway.

I think you need to sort out this confusion for us before we can go any further, by telling us which your local transmitter actually is :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 10 September 2017, 10:55AM

Could it be something to do with it being a BT not a retail box?

Definitely on Crystal Palace, 216 channels HD Channels  BBC1,2,3. ITV1, 4HD CBBC only?

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 10:49AM
    It look like you are not picking up the Com7 mux channels which are transmitted at  lower power (although still reasonable strength from Crystal, Palace) .
    If you look at

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Crystal_Palace

you will see the channels on that mux.

So how confident are you that your aerial is correctly alliigned -- have you or anybody else picked up any of the Com 7 channels in the past ?

Thanks both of you for the help: Now have 13 HD channels including Talking Pictures, the problem. The aerial feeds come into the loft and down to the airing cupboard; looks like the wife tried to jam too many towels in and partly pulled the aerial cable from the plug. Now fully secured.

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Barry>
    Could it be something to do with it being a BT not a retail box?

No, its nothing to do with that. Barry, ask your neighbours if they can pick up the channels listed on Com 7 (such as BBC News HD and CBeebies HD) as it looks like you have a reception and aerial problem.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:40AM

Thanks both of you for the help: Now have 13 HD channels including Talking Pictures, the problem. The aerial feeds come into the loft and down to the airing cupboard; looks like the wife tried to jam too many towels in and partly pulled the aerial cable from the plug. Now fully secured.

Or sheets and pillowcases. Looks like a 'bedding in' problem.
    Thanks Visionman. All sorted now.
  • Mike Jones2Mike Jones2 Member Posts: 3
    edited 8 August 2017, 7:56AM
    Well how about this then, I have a choice of two transmitters (Mendip & Wenvoe).  My TV is a Panasonic (TXL37G10B) - OK it's getting on a bit now but I'm loathed to get rid because it performs brilliantly.  I can't pick it up on the TV itself but can when viewed through a BT YouView box connected to the same aerial source.  Similarly in another room I have a cheaper Tesco LCD 19-229 connected to the same aerial system, won't pick it up on the TV itself but will do so through yet another BT YouView device.
    Seems I should have researched this a bit more before posting above.  DVB T2 seems to be the issue - am I right?
    If neither of your TVs can tune in Channel 101 (BBC 1 HD) for itself, then yes, you have TVs without the T2 HD tuner that all YouView boxes have.

And so can only watch this channel via a YouView box.

But that is not the worst limitation in the world :-)
    edited 31 January 2018, 4:30PM
    Thanks - I was correct in my follow-on post - but thanks all the same for following it up.
  • James HoggJames Hogg Member Posts: 4
    edited 8 August 2017, 7:58AM
    I can get Talking Pictures TV on my digital TV but no matter how many times I retune, I can't get it on my Humax. Puzzled
    Humax what model?
  • SarahSarah Member Posts: 1,812 admin

I can get Talking Pictures TV on my digital TV but no matter how many times I retune, I can't get it on my Humax. Puzzled

Please reference the new conversation here: Can't get talking pictures on my Humax