[Discussion] YouView launch date announced for Sony Bravia TVs

2»

Comments

• roboticaaroboticaa Member Posts: 2
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Any idea if we'll be able to record through youview? The remote offers a button but on pressing 'feature not available in youview' appears.
    Not sure if this feature worked on the old EPG either though.

Any ideas anyone?
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:30PM
    roboticaa said:

Any idea if we'll be able to record through youview? The remote offers a button but on pressing 'feature not available in youview' appears.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi roboticaa - an announcement from Sony said they were expecting to add that feature by 24/12/2015.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM
    roboticaa said:

Any ideas anyone?

But at this time not via or on YouView.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/109739
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • roboticaaroboticaa Member Posts: 2
    edited 21 November 2015, 8:16PM
    roboticaa said:

Any ideas anyone?

Much obliged. Bought one of the tvs for mum but can't bear the thought of her having to hard-reset it just to change channel! Will see how the weekend goes but it might be going back if it crashes on me again.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM
    roboticaa said:

Any ideas anyone?

rototicaa, there is a strongly supported Sony TV forum for posting problems.
    https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/bd-p/tv_en_1

Post on there and I'm sure you'll find help, because that behaviours not normal. 
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    roboticaa said:

Any ideas anyone?

It's entirely normal, as a reading of that forum will confirm.

You don't get 271 pages of issues, growing even now by about two pages a day, about a reliable and working platform. And you can see people just giving up on Sony, because there is no help to be had from them.

These Sony Android TVs crash quite frequently (though not every time you change channel, I hope).

I had a recurrence of the 'TV that wouldn't die' yesterday, when every time you switch it off, it waits about five seconds and then switches itself on again. We had to pull the plug to stop the nonsense :-(

These TVs have enormous potential, but at the moment that is all it is - potential. They are for wannabe beta testers, masochists, and optimists, and unless your mum is a technology maven, I would wait till it crashes again (as it will), send it back as not fit for purpose, and get her a nice reliable Samsung, LG or Panasonic.

Something that it pains me to say, and I hope I won't be saying this time next year. But at the moment.......

NB: the YouView on these Sonys works terrifically well, and the only problem I have had to report is that the All4 Player gets stuck (which may be Channel 4's problem rather than YouView's). It's the Android implementation that lets the TV down.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 23 September 2021, 6:00PM
    Roy said:
    I'm loving being able to have the HD channels at the top of the Guide :-)

Oi, where’s my image gone? I wanted to show it to someone 😢
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 23 September 2021, 10:04PM

Oh, there we are again!