Problems Humax DTR T1000 following software update "Sorry Youview cannot record this"

Simon GSimon G Posts: 10Member
edited 26 March 2017, 10:03AM in Archived Posts
Following last software update I can not record SD BBC2, BBC3 and BBC4.

Have tried to record all channels from Freeview 001 thru to 024 at 9pm tonight. Channels 002,007 and 009 can not be recorded, others seem ok.

HD channels are ok and can be recorded.

Get message "Sorry, Youview cannot record this"

I have now noticed that on 002 BBC2 I can record the current (Daily Politics) and next program (Snooker 1pm to 6pm)  but cannot record after that.

Box is DTRT1000
Manufacturer software 22.16.0
Component software 2.10.28
Platforn configurtaion 1467
ISP Configuration 83

Signal strenth on 002, 007 and 009 is 95% to 96%.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Simon GSimon G Posts: 10Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Just tried again on BBC2 and it is only allowing me to record whats on now and whats on next with no recording of following programs.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    Simon G said:

Just tried again on BBC2 and it is only allowing me to record whats on now and whats on next with no recording of following programs.

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for providing us with a detailed description. We'll need to discuss this one with one of our tech teams and get back to you.

In the meantime can you soft reboot the box (hold standby button on the box for 8 seconds) and try and record a programme that isn't on now or isn't the one on next.

If you could try it on one of the channels you've had an issue with.
  • alal Posts: 1,270Member ✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    96% Signal strength is extraordinarily high. After noticing quite a bit of glitching recently I removed the amplifier going into my T2000 and now it seems perfectly happy with ~27% SS 
    edited 3 December 2015, 3:08PM
    Simon G said:

Sanj Thanks for your response.

Have done the soft reboot as you suggested and tried again to record programs on the channels i have had problems with being 002,007 and 009.

I can only record now and next on 002; nothing showing on 007 and 009 until 7pm tonight so cannot record anyhting on those now.

I have scrolled thru all BBC2 programs for today trying to record past now and next, none can be recorded, and also scrolled thru from today to Friday, Saturday and Sunday, same problem cannot record.

I have now noticed that I have the same issue with channel 130 BBC News but not with 001 BBC1 even tho its on the same multiplex.
    Simon G said:

Thanks Simon, 

Can you send me your postcode to community@youview.com 
    Hi Simon,

We're looking into the issue now. Can you try pressing the info button on the programme(s) that won't record then select 'Set Recording' and let us know if that works.
    Simon G said:

Got it, thanks.
    edited 3 December 2015, 5:10PM
    ok just tried your suggestion of presssing info button and it still does not allow me to set recording, or to set a reminder for those channels and additionally it does not give me the option to watch in HD altho prog is available in HD and I can access it thru 102 etc.
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,018Administrator admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM
    Hi Simon,

I wondered if you might be able to try the following on the box to test what's happening here:
    • Tune into BBC1HD for live TV and turn the box off. Turn this back on and while on this channel attempt to record BBC News HD in the guide as normal. Let us know what happens.
    • In the guide are you able to set a 'reminder' to record the programme by pressing the OK button when it's highlighted?
    • If you are still getting the error message 'Sorry, Youview cannot record this' can you navigate to the action panel for the programme and let us know what options are available to you. Is the option to set recording, set reminder, or watch in HD not there at all, and does it appear blank? What is the programme as well so we can test this here.
    • Could you attempt to set the recording while in live TV, if you press the direction buttons on the control and cycle through the mini guide for the channel and programme. You can then press the info button to bring up the programme options. Do you get any options for the programme or is the same for when you did it through the main guide?
    Additionally there are a number of transmitters in your area so do you by any chance know if you are tuned to the Stockland Hill or the Rowridge transmitter?
    Thanks,

Phil
    edited 3 December 2015, 7:02PM
    Phil

Thanks for your help.

1. I tuned to 101 BBC1HD, turned box off and then on and am able to record 107 BBC NewsHD. This works but I think it has always worked and was not an issue.

2. While on 101 I am able to set reminder for 107.  And am also able to set recording and set reminder thru Info button for HD channels.

3.While still tuned to 101, I use the guide to look at programs for 002, I select programs past now and next, and try to record but still get the Sorry etc message. I press info button on one of these programs and I get the program panel with Summary, Details and More Episodes etc. I can see options for both Set Recording and Set Reminder within Summary but there is no option to watch in HD on this panel. I can higlight these options and they turn blue however when I press Set Recording and Set Reminder nothing happens.

4. While still tuned to 101 I use the OK button to cycle thru to 002 and then use the cursor keys to navigate to a program past now and next and try to Set Reminder and Set Recording, neither works, atho they do work for the next and current programs. I can press the Info button and get the same screen as in 3, above. I try the same procedure as in 3. above with the same results.

I do notice that when I press the guide button the programs for 002 are slow to load and for a second or so show No Information available but then they do become available.

5. I am pretty sure that it is tuned to Rowridge. Is there any way I can confirm?
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,018Administrator admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for taking the time to test this and for providing your feedback here. We are currently investigating this from our side, so I will let you know when we have an update or more information.

Additionally there is no way to know the transmitter you are tuned in to unless you go through the process of re-tuning and it will then tell you available transmitters.At the moment there is no need to go through a re-tune process until we have looked into this so I will keep you updated.

Phil
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Phil

Is it possible to roll back to the previous software version ie before the recent update as I experienced no issues prior to the new installation?

Simon
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,382Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:30PM
    Simon G said:

Phil

Is it possible to roll back to the previous software version ie before the recent update as I experienced no issues prior to the new installation?

Simon

Hi Simon - the short answer is no, YouView provide no mechanism to allow you to roll back to a previous software release.

This question has come up a couple of times in the past when there have been suspected bugs in a new release and that is the answer that has been received each time. Such answers have been coupled with of course a commitment to track down and isolate the issue and provide a fix as quickly as possible.
  • Ady FAdy F Posts: 2Member
    I have a similar problem with the DTR 1010, the scheduled recordings list intermittently misses out days on series link or completely misses off recordings previously set, only to repopulate some time later.
    If I try to correct this and set a recording, the "Sorry..." message pops up, this only seems to apply to HD channels, but works ok on SD.
    It's only occurred since the software updated on 2nd December and is proving very frustrating!
    Ady F said:

I have a similar problem with the DTR 1010, the scheduled recordings list intermittently misses out days on series link or completely misses off recordings previously set, only to repopulate some time later.
    If I try to correct this and set a recording, the "Sorry..." message pops up, this only seems to apply to HD channels, but works ok on SD.
    It's only occurred since the software updated on 2nd December and is proving very frustrating!

Hi Ady,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, I appreciate it is frustrating. We are investigating these reports.

Can you let us know what channels you've seen this message on?

Could you also send your postcode to community@youview.com (we encourage community members not to post personal details on the forum)
  • Ady FAdy F Posts: 2Member
    edited 6 December 2015, 3:33PM
    Ady F said:

Thanks Sanj, I have responded via email with more details.
    edited 5 December 2015, 3:59PM
    Simon G said:

Phil

Simon

Keith

thanks for letting me know.
  • Bru BouleyBru Bouley Posts: 4Member
    edited 5 December 2015, 6:39PM
    Ady F said:

I have recently purchased an DTR T1010 and have been getting the same problem since the software update, Get message "Sorry, Youview cannot record this"
    Ady F said:

Hi Bru,

Following my comment to Ady above can you supply us with your postcode and affected channels.

You can post the channels here, but please email us your postcode to community@youview.com
    edited 7 December 2015, 10:21AM
    Ady F said:

The channels I cannot get are: 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 24, 28, 33, 45, 102, 104, 105, 130, 131.
    edited 5 December 2015, 8:47PM
    Ady F said:

Sorry should have said the channels I get the message "Sorry, Youview cannot record this" with are : 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 24, 28, 33, 45, 102, 104, 105, 130, 131.
  • david1david1 Posts: 71Member
    I updated a T1000 on 1 Dec and it worked fine until today. I went to start watching Football Leagure tonight and found it had  not recorded. I then looked in Scheduled and it is completely empty, so I've missed The Bridge too. The red R's still show in the guide for the various programmes but nothing is now recording. Live rewind still works.

I tried turning off and on but the Scheduled still remained blank. I then tried to set some recordings and I get Sorry, Youview can't record this, on all the channels I have tried so far so the box is now dead as far as recording goes whether live or scheduled. I tried all the various ways of setting a recording as described earlier in the post but none of them work. It lets me set a reminder though.
    Re-tuning and unplugging from the wall hasn't helped

David
    david1 said:

I updated a T1000 on 1 Dec and it worked fine until today. I went to start watching Football Leagure tonight and found it had  not recorded. I then looked in Scheduled and it is completely empty, so I've missed The Bridge too. The red R's still show in the guide for the various programmes but nothing is now recording. Live rewind still works.

I tried turning off and on but the Scheduled still remained blank. I then tried to set some recordings and I get Sorry, Youview can't record this, on all the channels I have tried so far so the box is now dead as far as recording goes whether live or scheduled. I tried all the various ways of setting a recording as described earlier in the post but none of them work. It lets me set a reminder though.

David

Hi David,

Sorry to hear that. Can you confirm the software version you're on(settings > system information > software versions).

In some of the reports, some customers are saying they can record something that is on now and the next available programme but nothing else. Is this the same for you?

It has also been mentioned that trying to set a recording on some HD channels returns the 'Sorry, YouView can't record this' message but the SD channel equivalent works fine. Is that also the case for you. Either way could you let us know what channels are affected?

Thanks for editing your comment also, we have your postcode now and will continue to look into this for those affected.
    Ady F said:

Thanks Bru, we'll pass the info onto our tech teams
  • Simon DSimon D Posts: 4Member
    I had the same problem yesterday on BBC HD 1 & 2,  but this morning the problem has cleared and all the scheduled recordings have reappeared. Strange!
    Simon D said:

I had the same problem yesterday on BBC HD 1 & 2,  but this morning the problem has cleared and all the scheduled recordings have reappeared. Strange!

Hi Simon,

Thanks for feeding back to us.
    You're the second Simon to report the issue.

*edit*apologies I accidently tapped submit.

Carrying on. I know you're not having the issue now but it would still be valuable to us to know a few things:

Box make/model
    Software versions
    Postcode (send to community@youview.com)
    Yesterday, were you able to record ok on BBC one and two SD?
    edited 6 December 2015, 12:33PM
    Simon D said:

Hope we weren't targeted by the bug for our name!
    Simon D said:

Not likely :)

I actually didn't get to finish my comment before tapping submit accidently. I wanted to ask you to add an identifier in your name for clarity which you've already done, thanks.

I've edited the comment above with some questions.
  • david1david1 Posts: 71Member
    edited 6 December 2015, 2:00PM
    david1 said:

David

Hi Sanj

Version info

I cannot record any channel
    I get the Sorry, Youview cannot record this. Can you give me access to the previous version? As you can imagine this is a big issue that Youview need to fix.

Trying to book via Android also failed
    edited 7 December 2015, 12:39PM
    Simon D said:

I actually gave more info in an edit to my original post but it disappeared. Anyway here's the info you asked for:

Box make/model        Humax DTRT1000
    Software versions      22.16.0 & 2.10.28
    Postcode                   Oxford transmitter (GL54 3--)
    Yesterday, were you able to record ok on BBC one and two SD?  Yes