BT YV DTRT1000 Scheduled recordings remembered but not seen

RobertsPJRobertsPJ Member Posts: 7
edited 24 May 2017, 10:04PM in Archived Posts
i was about to set scheduled recording for Dr Who for Xmas day. However, it appears my series record which ended a few weeks ago is still active. However, it wasn't visible in the schedule until The 7 day window for Xmas day had passed. That is, if date was before 25 - 7 = 18 then not visible but is visible after the 18th. Is this a bug? Enclosed is screen shot showing series record for Dr Who.

How can I delete scheduled recordings that do not appear

Comments

• KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Hi Robert - the YouView system retains scheduled series recording entries for 13 weeks beyond the last recording (which allows it to sustain series that have breaks in the middle, e.g. a sporting event might mean it does not air one week or there may be a mid series break of several weeks or even a couple of months). As you have noticed they only actually show in the scheduled recordings listing if there is a match for the setting in the upcoming 7 days of schedule. So there is no way to review the ones it is quietly holding in the background but they will age out naturally when a series truly ends so manual cleaning out would generally not be needed.
  • RobertsPJRobertsPJ Member Posts: 7
    edited 13 September 2016, 7:49PM
    Thanks. Your explanation fits with what I have seen. Dr Who was already programmed but Dragons' Den had to be programmed.