Bug with Audio Description - especially on Sky Living

RichMRichM Posts: 10Member
edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM in Archived Posts
I have been using a TalkTalk Huawei YouView box for a few months.

Whilst I have Audio Description turned off, I have noticed that when recording some programs (especially those on Sky Living), there is audio description when I play back the recording.

Oddly when I press the Audio Description button - the on screen prompt shows ON (ie as if I have turned it on) although this actually turns off the Audio Description on the affected recording.

The setting is correct if I am watching other recordings, on demand or the normal channels!

Comments

• SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear about that. We'll take a look into it but first we'll need some additional information from you.

Can you let us know:

Box Make/Model (Settings > System Information > Device Information)
    Software Versions (Settings > System Information > Software Versions)
    Example of programmes affected (Programme / Channel / Date / Time)
  • RichMRichM Posts: 10Member
    edited 24 December 2015, 3:51PM
    Box Make / Model is Huawei Technologies, Model DN372T.01.02.P (Variant 001)
    Software Version is :
    Manufacturer software: 72.37.69 (This is a TalkTalk supplied box)
    Component Software: 2.9.36
    Platform Configuration: 1397

It only appears to affect "Blindspot" that I can be certain about - for example, the episode broadcast on Sky Living at 21:00 on 22nd December 2015
    edited 31 December 2015, 3:01PM
    I have just come across another instance of this - it was a recording of "Elementary" which was recorded on 24th December 2015 at 9pm on Sky 1

It certainly seems to affect the Sky channels - all of my other recordings seem fine.
  • billy99billy99 Posts: 13Member
    edited 1 January 2016, 4:15PM
    I'm getting the same problem with Sky Living recordings.
    Box : Humax DTR T2100
    Manufacturer s|w : 21.50.50
    Component s|w : 2.9.34

Scandal on Sky Living at 22:00 on 24/12/15
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    I also noticed that this affected another recording on Sky Living - Elementary on 7th January 2016, shown between 1.50AM and 2.38AM.

Oddly the audio description kicked in about 5 minutes from the end!

It is also noticeable that if I then turn (on) the audio description (ie switch it on on Youview, but off for the recorded program), there is about 30 seconds when the picture and sound is out of sync.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:57PM
    RichM said:

I also noticed that this affected another recording on Sky Living - Elementary on 7th January 2016, shown between 1.50AM and 2.38AM.

Oddly the audio description kicked in about 5 minutes from the end!

It is also noticeable that if I then turn (on) the audio description (ie switch it on on Youview, but off for the recorded program), there is about 30 seconds when the picture and sound is out of sync.

Hi guys,

We're testing a potential fix for this issue at the moment and provided all goes well, we'll let you know when that fix has been deployed and ask you for your feedback.

Thanks for your patience.
    edited 19 February 2016, 8:48PM
    As far as I know, there has not been a software update on TalkTalk, but fingers crossed, I have not experienced this again for a few weeks...