Sony Bravia KDL-43W809C, ITV player failed again

2»

Comments

• SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM

Visionman -Yes it does look that way, I have spent the entire day messing with my TV and all to no avail a bit of a pain in the preverbial to be honest. Even tried accessing the ITV hub again from the built in web browser and thought I was there but eventually got the message needs Adobe flash player update to work, so drew a blank there.

Also had a bit of input from my wife, she says that while watching TV over the last few days it kept coming up with the error message " your TV is no longer connected to the internet" then several seconds later the message " your TV is now connected to the internet" would come on. Thought she was kidding me but while messing with it today I got the same messages several times while it was still connected to the Ethernet cable and the BT hub was next to the telly showing no fault. Don't know why this is happening but my broadband has never dropped out on my PC in the last 3 years and was even on and working ok when she saw the error messages on the TV. Maybe it's a fault on the TV but the first time it happened to me today I went and tried the ITV player and guess what it failed to load and that's why I had to do a full reset. Has happened this evening as well, having trouble loading all the players now except the BBC I player, a very hit and miss problem. 

By the way TV help menu says internet connection is ok, scratching my head a bit now.
    Thanks for keeping us update Phill. I'll mark this thread as solved for now and will change it if you report otherwise.

Finger crossed it's all good now.
  • Sammy RodgersSammy Rodgers Posts: 1Member
    edited 18 December 2016, 4:35PM

Well Sanj I did the full factory reset yesterday evening, enabled YouView and the ITV player and all the other players worked ok. Tried it this morning and the ITV player worked ok. Then I went on to YouView and looked at the YouView guide, when checking what was on yesterday and previous days the guide showed " Information not available" for  BBC 1 and ITV although all other channels were showing up ok.

Checked the YouView guide by just scrolling backwards from today and BBC 1 has nothing before 1.35am this morning and ITV has nothing before 12.05am this morning, strangely though the guide was showing all backwards programs are available on BBC 1 HD and ITV HD.

Tried the ITV player on one of the of the programs on ITV HD from yesterday and all I got was " Loading, Please wait" and then the error message shown in the pic from yesterday. That's it ! ITV player on my TV is down again while all other players function ok.

Not a good situation and to be honest there seems to be a fundamental problem somewhere with the YouView system and my TV and I'm getting fed up of messing with it. After all the TV was only purchased a few weeks ago.

Looking back at a part of a quote from a press release Oct last year :-

"The inclusion of YouView provides Sony customers with a seamless combination of live and catch up TV through the award winning scroll back user interface."

It's not that seamless for some but any suggestions and help are appreciated to get it up and running again. 

I'm having the exact same issue now :( how did you resolve it
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,327Member ✭✭✭
    edited 18 December 2016, 5:55PM

Well Sanj I did the full factory reset yesterday evening, enabled YouView and the ITV player and all the other players worked ok. Tried it this morning and the ITV player worked ok. Then I went on to YouView and looked at the YouView guide, when checking what was on yesterday and previous days the guide showed " Information not available" for  BBC 1 and ITV although all other channels were showing up ok.

Checked the YouView guide by just scrolling backwards from today and BBC 1 has nothing before 1.35am this morning and ITV has nothing before 12.05am this morning, strangely though the guide was showing all backwards programs are available on BBC 1 HD and ITV HD.

Tried the ITV player on one of the of the programs on ITV HD from yesterday and all I got was " Loading, Please wait" and then the error message shown in the pic from yesterday. That's it ! ITV player on my TV is down again while all other players function ok.

Not a good situation and to be honest there seems to be a fundamental problem somewhere with the YouView system and my TV and I'm getting fed up of messing with it. After all the TV was only purchased a few weeks ago.

"The inclusion of YouView provides Sony customers with a seamless combination of live and catch up TV through the award winning scroll back user interface."

It's not that seamless for some but any suggestions and help are appreciated to get it up and running again. 

This now a known issue, and there is a solution:-

https://community.youview.com/youview...
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Loretta CrabtreeLoretta Crabtree Posts: 8Member
    edited 21 July 2017, 8:01PM

Please go to this page as it works - fixed ITV and iplayer
    http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhe...image
  • Loretta CrabtreeLoretta Crabtree Posts: 8Member
    edited 21 July 2017, 8:06PM

Can guarantee it works - you will need to go all the way to the end of the list to Y as its alaphabetical then click on CLEAR CACHE and delete (do not CLEAR DATA which is separate)
  • Levi77Levi77 Posts: 2Member
    This is getting beyond a joke. I've already had to do a full reset on my sony TV once before. Now the error message is showing up again. Sort it out! 😡
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,327Member ✭✭✭
    Levi77 said:
    This is getting beyond a joke. I've already had to do a full reset on my sony TV once before. Now the error message is showing up again. Sort it out! 😡
    The instructions above do not include a full Factory Reset.

Try them, and if they don’t work, come back and report this.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Levi77Levi77 Posts: 2Member
    Roy said:
    Levi77 said:
    The instructions above do not include a full Factory Reset.

Try them, and if they don’t work, come back and report this.
    Hi Roy, I tried all other solutions before I done the full factory reset, with no luck unfortunately. Although the reset did seem so solve the issue for a few days. Now the error message is back. I don't want to have to reset my whole TV again as I will loose all my apps, data, etcetera etcetera... 
2»