Boost content not appearing in search

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,013 ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 11:49AM
    Was the BT box previously setup or used on a Bt Broadband line ?
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    Hi Adam, have you re-synced the BT box to your TalkTalk TV package? ie do you see the TalkTalk Player on the menu? If not you need to reboot it by pressing and holding the power button on the box for 8 seconds and it will/should perform an update.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,816 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    I'm not sure that's enough, is it?

I thought you had to try for a Software Update, and a Players Update, and after those two steps it should be synced up.

Or if you just leave it in Standby overnight, it should sync then, though the above saves you waiting for this.
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • Adam_TAdam_T Member Posts: 61
    edited 8 February 2016, 10:12AM
    Hi all, thankyou for speedy responses!

1. The box was brought from a retailer brand-new so has never been on a BT line; only ever my TalkTalk line.
    2. It always had TalkTalk Player in the list of Players.
    3. I tried a players & software update and a hold-down power button reboot but to no avail...

This leads me to believe either; it is behaving correctly and as its a BT branded box it simply just isnt set up to "see" TalkTalk on-demand content (although it does show Films); or it will just sort itself out in due course! :-)

The only action I havent taken is the Maintenance Mode reset; is this different to a power button reset?

thankyou again!
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM
    I'm with TalkTalk and have a BT box - the DTR-T2110.
    I can search for on demand content from the internet channels and this works OK.
    However, at present there are only two programmes available on demand from Comedy Central - South Park and Broad City.
    But I can't find any on demand content from MTV via the TalkTalk player - does any exist?
    edited 8 February 2016, 2:34PM
    jimb said:

I can search for on demand content from the internet channels and this works OK.
    However, at present there are only two programmes available on demand from Comedy Central - South Park and Broad City.
    But I can't find any on demand content from MTV via the TalkTalk player - does any exist?

Hi, so basically on your BT box on a TT line you see the results in search like on the bottom photo I uploaded?
    Not sure whats on mtv on-demand, most of the content is on the kids & sky channels I think :-)
    Thankyou
    edited 21 December 2016, 8:19PM
    jimb said:

Yes - just like your photo.
    Can you find the on demand stuff that you want in the TalkTalk Player?
    Also check that you have the current version of the TalkTalk Player, this should be 16.1.0.9 B
    edited 21 December 2016, 8:19PM
    jimb said:

Just realised that I'm not seeing MTV on demand content because I've not subscribed to it - doh!
    edited 8 February 2016, 3:19PM
    jimb said:

Hi, yup I can access everything through the player just not the Youview UI such as the Search and Discover screens.
    I have the latest Player too; looks like factory reset time me thinks as that should re-run the "Youview is setting up your channels" feature... :-/
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 11:54PM
    jimb said:

You don't need to do that. Everything that's done in Setup you can re-run manually in Settings. The presence of ISP-specific items in Search is dictated by the ISP Config you have (check software versions) and really should become up-to-date when you run a software update whilst plugged into the respective ISP's broadband.
    edited 8 February 2016, 4:40PM
    jimb said:

Hi, when I run a software update; or at least attempt to, it just says I have the latest version (currently 21.50.50).
    What manual steps can I take to re-run the "Youview is setting up your channels" (or at least the wording when you enable Boost channels)? cheers :)
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 11:55PM
    jimb said:

Well you can do a channel tune, it does the same thing as in setup, but it just scans for broadcast channels and then adds boost channels if the ISP Config dictates you have access to them. It won't affect search results.

Where did the TalkTalk box you tested come from? What ISP Config version does it have compared to the one on your BT/Retail box?
    edited 8 February 2016, 7:13PM
    jimb said:

Hi, TalkTalk box was my offline Freeview pvr in the spare room which came from TT when i signed up ages ago. I ran on the BT box a maintenance update which got the latest software but still not showing TT in search results. ISP configuration on both is 1501021