Talk talk box Failed recordings

fre55diefre55die Posts: 161Member
edited 10 April 2017, 10:33PM in Archived Posts
Talk talk box stopped recording on Wednsday, a few other people reporting same problem since then too, has there been an update which could cause this ???

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Where are these reports, please?
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM
    Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear you're getting failed recordings. There hasn't been a recent update. The last update was September 2015.

What programmes are failing to record? Subscription Internet channels or Freeview channels?
  • fre55diefre55die Posts: 161Member
    edited 10 April 2017, 10:33PM
    Hi Roy  On the Talktalk site. The recordings are failing on both freeview and internet. Now discovered that recordings prior to problem will not play with error code ipc6024 on internet ones and black screen on freeview.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Hi Tony

That does sound like a 'TalkTalk' special, but apart from your posting, it hasn't reached this quiet backwater, apart maybe from a rugger bugger aficionado who has lost access to all his recordings.

But do keep us posted about what has happened :-)
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,548Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Tony, if your referring to the IPC6024 error message thread, that user has been told its likely to be a hard drive failure and they'll need a replacement box.
    edited 14 November 2016, 4:12PM
    Visionman said:

Hi Tony, if your referring to the IPC6024 error message thread, that user has been told its likely to be a hard drive failure and they'll need a replacement box.

I've been told that too, I don't think that is the true fault though as box can be paused on a show for an hour and will play the paused bit with no probs. Also after a maintenance reset it plays the previous recordings until I try a test recording (which fails) then all the other recordings become unwatchable. At least 6 other people are also reporting same problem starting around the same day, 2 FEB. possibly a coincidence. 18 days to wait for engineer now !!!!!
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,548Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:06PM
    Visionman said:

Can you provide a link to the thread Tony?
    They are scattered over the Talk Talk "community" posts