Channel 314 what happens next

zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
With UK Home apparently moving to Free to Air on Freeview  - what happens to the Youview channel number 314 ? Does it get reallocated - do all the higher channel numbers of similar channel types get renumbered ? Is there a three month review period whilst the stakeholders decide what to do ?

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,542Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Multi-channel broadcaster UKTV  has taken a new free-to-air slot and revealed plans to move lifestyle channel Home to the UK’s Freeview DTT platform.

Home takes up its new residence at channel 25 on March 1st.

http://advanced-television.com/2016/02/18/uktv-moves-home/

All YouView devices will be updated with the new DTT EPG and the Multicast channel will be reordered in the next shift (update). YouView have no part in either immediate update, but they do request the slot numbers with any shift. 
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Anybody from Youview clarify what is happening here - please.

Also will Youview automatically handle moving series recordings across from recording on the IP channel 314 to channel 25 ?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:40AM
    zulu17 said:

Also will Youview automatically handle moving series recordings across from recording on the IP channel 314 to channel 25 ?

Tricky, that. The pre-switch recordings will be BT ones that live or die with a BT TV subscription. But the post-switch ones will be Freeview recordings that would survive a BT TV unsubscribe.

Hopefully, the YouView software can tell them apart?
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,542Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:06PM
    zulu17 said:

I believe zulu17 only wanted a reply from YouView. Mickey taking aside (and not intended), I always use this  [email protected]

But the answer to the question is sadly no. I know this from when the BBC sometimes switches MoTD and MoTD2 between BBC1 and 2. The box (any box) won't pick it up and so needs to be manually set. I believe its to do with CRIDs. 
    edited 14 December 2016, 9:35PM
    zulu17 said:

Actually  in my experience the BBC sometimes does but mostly doesn't - some of their Davis Cup tennis when coverage was scheduled on BBC1 and BBC2 did schedule recordings across both channels.  I think some issues did arise when the BBC had the next program in the  series continuing immediately on the other channel - what happened is that they used to  start the continuation on the second channel  before the original channel program completed. Nowadays they seem to have a minute or two break so the first channel program does actually end before the next in sequence starts.

Also  I believe Youview in the past has scheduled recordings on  alternative channels to that the series record was set.
  • scottscott Posts: 2,007Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2016, 10:48AM
    zulu17 said:

Has it been confirmed bt will automatically stop showing the channel on multicast. I know it is a waste of bandwidth but they may still just carry on with it at least for a while
    edited 14 December 2016, 9:35PM
    zulu17 said:

I've not seen any BT statement about Home.  However if I look at the Youview EPG guide for channel 314  from 2nd March) it shows -  Home is now available  on channel 25 (
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:40AM
    zulu17 said:

As I believe you have yourself observed before, Visionman, this is largely a peer-to-peer forum. So asking here does not provide that anyone can ask solely for a Piers-to-peer response :-)
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • scottscott Posts: 2,007Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2016, 10:48AM
    zulu17 said:

Home has now been removed from the Extra channels on BT website listing so you are definitely right Zulu17.
  • David8David8 Posts: 650Member ✭✭
    edited 15 December 2016, 1:16PM
    zulu17 said:

Fox to go and now Home available free the extra channels seem to be dwindling.