YouView box randomly switches on (plus other issues)

LeanMeanRacingLeanMeanRacing Posts: 1Member
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Our last YouView box lasted well. However, the hard-drive failed and it has been replaced by the latest BT YouView box (the very small one).

After less than a week, it is randomly switching itself on. It also loses picture and sound, becoming unresponsive, despite the blue lights still being on.

I have arranged with BT to send another bonito in the meantime, has anyone else encountered similar issues and was there a solution?

If this has already been asked, a link to the conversation would be appreciated.

Many thanks - Ian.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Mas bonito! Your autocorrect does Spanish? :-)

But remember the bathtub curve; things like YouView boxes tend to either fail early, or fail late, with a long flat period of relatively low failure rate in the middle.

You could try a soft reset; touch the On/Standby button on the box for just over 8 seconds, and it will reboot non-destructively.

Might fix it, might keep it OK for a bit, might do nothing.

Do let us know which.

But if there is a new sarda sarda coming from BT, I think I would still be inclined to accept the swap, no matter what.
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • Kevin GleesonKevin Gleeson Posts: 3Member
    edited 13 October 2016, 4:30PM
    I've had this for a week or two now with it progressing to switching on every 30 minutes or so. It displays "Please wait..." for a few minutes then displays the last watched channel. Done a factory reset, soft reset, but still thinks that it needs to be on when it thinks fit.

Hey ho...

Kev G
  • Kevin GleesonKevin Gleeson Posts: 3Member
    edited 13 October 2016, 4:31PM
    I've had this for a week or two now with it progressing to switching on every 30 minutes or so. It displays "Please wait..." for a few minutes then displays the last watched channel. Done a factory reset, soft reset, but still thinks that it needs to be on when it thinks fit.

Hey ho...

Kev G