Automatic Software Update August 2016

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
edited 11 May 2017, 9:39PM in Announcements
Hi everyone,

A new software update is now available for YouView Humax and BT set-top boxes from retail.

What’s New?

This is a minor maintenance release.

Software Version-

Manufacturer Software : 26.40.0
Component Software : 3.0.47
Platform Config : 3034
ISP configuration: (depends on internet provider)

What do I need to know?

This is a phased software roll-out so some customers may receive this earlier than others.

Please feel free to feed back on the latest update in the discussion thread.

Thanks,

Phil

Comments

• Colin NowellColin Nowell Posts: 126Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 3:06AM
    Sorry to seem ungrateful Phil but "This is a minor maintenance release" doesn't quite do it for us techie types out here! Any chance of more detail? After all, if it didn't actually "fix" something, you wouldn't have released it would you? So, what changed?
  • MeeeeeeeeeeeeeMeeeeeeeeeeeee Posts: 18Member
    edited 2 August 2016, 7:41AM
    Guys, I noticed my YouView box becoming sluggish and unresponsive in the last couple of days, it can take a few seconds for anything to react including changing channel. I happened to look at the settings and noticed a software update a few days ago too, is this a coincidence? Not exactly happy.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Can you give us more details please?

Which make and model of box, updated to which release and showing what date, and is the box on subscription, and who is your ISP?
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
    Hi Roy, I hope you are well today.

Humax DTRT1000 Variant 80B07000
    Manufacturer Software 26.36.0
    Component Software 3.0.47
    Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016
    It is not on subscription.
    My ISP is BT, I'm on Fibre Optic 50mb connection.

Thank you for you time and reply of course.
    Oops Phil, who forgot to lock the Conversation? :-)
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM

Sorry to seem ungrateful Phil but "This is a minor maintenance release" doesn't quite do it for us techie types out here! Any chance of more detail? After all, if it didn't actually "fix" something, you wouldn't have released it would you? So, what changed?

Hi Colin,

This was a very small fix which does not impact or change the operation of the box from the previous 26.36.0 software. If there are any changes which are viewer impacting we will definitely make sure to let you know!

Thanks,

Phil
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM
    Roy1 said:

Oops Phil, who forgot to lock the Conversation? :-)

Unfortunately I did Roy! I make this announcement an exception to the rule :)
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Cheers for that.

I'm on that release, and haven't noticed any sluggishness, but that is on a T2000 box.

It might be worth you trying a soft reset; details are in this posting here, which the recipient, who I am still trying to scrape off my shoe, received with remarkable ingratitude, so unlike your own unfailing politeness.

Just the soft reset bit, for now; and then at least my time in posting it will not have been entirely wasted :-)

https://community.youview.com/youview...
  • scottscott Posts: 1,998Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2016, 11:48AM

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Just a small point. Remember 26.36 has been almost immediately overwritten with 26.40. I was lead to believe this was more to fix an iplayer glitch but could possibly also help with some other issues. It is definetly worth trying the power reset (as I stated in your other post) but I would also keep trying to force a software update to see if you can get the 26.40 version, just on the small chance it might help. I do fear though like my other reply that we might be pushing the T1000's over the edge a bit (but then maybe 'They'll be back' ;-) )....

I have just resisted the urge to make a 'change to SKYnet' remark but maybe that would be more appropriate to someone in your other thread Roy ;-)

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

I did look for 26.40, but it hasn't arrived for me yet. Might be different for M of course.

But since 26.40 is not advertised as fixing slowness with 26.36, I am a great proponent of one thing at a time, so soft reset on 26.36, and seeing what effect it has, before possibly updating to 26.40

And then, quite possibly, doing another soft reset, just for the hell of it :-)
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,297Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 12:03AM

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Like all button pushing, soft resets are very difficult and time consuming :-)
    edited 2 August 2016, 6:29PM

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Hi Roy, thanks for the very welcome advice. Forgive my ignorance, but I am unable to do the soft reset as described, pressing the button for 8 seconds (or longer) doesn't have any affect. Is there a menu option to do this? I only see "Reset your Youview" but I'm not touching that, it scares me lol. Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Hold the button in for eight seconds or so until it says "Hello" on the display. Then release the button. The box should then re-set itself.

Sorry about my comment above. I am sure that you are aware that it was meant in jest.

Actually, the first time that I tried a soft reset it didn't work for me. There is a bit of a knack to it.

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

I just tried it on our box and the above only applies if the box is in standby first. If the box is on, "Hello" doesn't appear until after you let go of the button.
  • Colin NowellColin Nowell Posts: 126Member
    edited 20 December 2016, 10:53AM

Thanks for the further clarification Phil.
    edited 2 August 2016, 10:55PM

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Ah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......
    Have I got a different box to everyone else?
    I tried everything guys, the ring illuminates, turns the channels up and down and volume left and right, but nothing on the eight second push in any location including the center of course. Tried on stand-by, powered up, everything and zilch.
    Then instead of the ring, for some strange unknown reason, I pressed the power-on/standby button on the front for 8 seconds then voilà, I got the Hello and it appears the soft reset may have done the trick. The box appears much more responsive but I will post again in the coming days should I notice the lag again. I will also not force the update at the mo'

Well fellas, it only remains to say you are all stars and a credit to this community. Give yourselves a pat on the back, sit back in your chair and smile because you've helped someone out. Gratitude a plenty.

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Yes. It's the button inside the blue/orange ring on the front of the box.

Pleased that you see some improvement in the responsiveness of your box. Maybe.

Thank you for reporting back.

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

The T1000 is black. Is your box black or silver, Meeeee?

On the silver boxes, it is the On/Standby you touch, not the ring., which is how you did the reset,

And the ring, IIRC, does not light up white on the original T1000s, but does on the later models.

So I wonder if you have later version?

Anyway, glad you were able to achieve it, and let's hope the sluggishness has abated now.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

If I may make an observation for future clarity and ease of understanding, it needed to be stated an eight second soft reset is achieved by pressing and holding the power button. My observation is not intended as a criticism and you are indeed all stars. :)

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

The power button is on the back. And it's not a button. It's a switch :-)

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

To be exact, the soft reset is achieved by touching (these buttons do not depress) the On/Standby button on the front of the box for just over 8 seconds.

The On/Standby button on the T1000s is the centre ring, which you can touch anywhere:-

http://www.kcaerials.co.uk/10%20Speci...

The On/Standby button on all other models is on the left of the fascia, away from the inviting-looking ring, as in this picture of the T2000, where it is the tiny symbol under the HUMAX logo:-

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/produc...

I agree the common factor is the On/Standby button; but unfortunately, those of us who grew up with the T1000 have got used to talking about 'touching the ring' :-(
    edited 3 August 2016, 7:12AM

Platform Config 3034
    Release Date 28-Jul-2016

Correct Roy, I have a Silver box and therefore the On/Standby button is the one for the soft reset. Cheers again for clearing that up.
  • Walter McfarlaneWalter Mcfarlane Posts: 2Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 8:32AM
    Looking for some help, bbc teletext was working fine until a couple days ago now when I press button on remote for teletext nothing happens

Any help would be appreciated
  • scottscott Posts: 1,998Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2016, 11:48AM

Looking for some help, bbc teletext was working fine until a couple days ago now when I press button on remote for teletext nothing happens

Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried this workaround :-

Anyway, I've found you can still get at the original Red Button service on my Youview box.  Tune to Radio 3 (other radio stations work), and press the red button.  This brings up the weird restricted Red Button service that the radio stations have had for some time.  But now you can press the blue button to get the full index, and from there access any of the old-style red button pages (and directly by number).  With the added bonus of good music, but the disadvantage of no pictures.

from @goverp

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/-discussion-automatic-software-update-july-2016?topic-r...

• Walter McfarlaneWalter Mcfarlane Posts: 2Member
    edited 3 August 2016, 2:46PM
    Thanks got my teletext is now working thank you for the information
  • Robert ElderRobert Elder Posts: 1Member
    I was quite happy with Youview until the latest update. Using the remote was very slow ,now has  speeded up but like Walter I have lost the text . Whenever I press text i get nothing. I've read comments from goverp but this seems like going around the houses to get back in the house again. Can I delete latest update to go back to when everything worked as it did. ie if it aint broke do'nt fix it. If I can delete update how do I do it.
    Robert
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM

I was quite happy with Youview until the latest update. Using the remote was very slow ,now has  speeded up but like Walter I have lost the text . Whenever I press text i get nothing. I've read comments from goverp but this seems like going around the houses to get back in the house again. Can I delete latest update to go back to when everything worked as it did. ie if it aint broke do'nt fix it. If I can delete update how do I do it.
    Robert

You can't, as this feature has been deleted by the BBC across/to all smart boxes, not just YouView, with smart TVs to follow, at a yet unspecified date.

Robert

And even if this was a YouView thing, not a BBC thing, you can't reverse an update anyway :-(
    edited 11 August 2016, 7:30AM

Robert

I have to say, that my remote/box was more responsive with the soft reset, on occasions though, mainly on switching the machine on from standby, things are jerky (displaying menus or info etc.) but I can live with that.  Perhaps there are some initial startup routines that are performed in the background causing a slowdown for the first few minutes.

I haven't use text before, so I thought I'd give it a spin to see if this is indeed a common fault, and yes, I too have no response using the text button.
  • David Smith3David Smith3 Posts: 1Member
    edited 12 March 2017, 8:39PM
    Hi Phil

Can you please tell me when you are going to fix the 'catch up' TV problem. I can get BBC iPlayer but none of the others work. They just hang forever.

Thanks

Dave