[Discussion] Automatic Software Update August 2016

124»

Comments

• joneshjonesh Posts: 1,281Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 12:03AM
    Adam_T said:

Hi, im still on 22.18.0 on a BT retail box plugged into a TalkTalk like, still no sign of the update or even the previous one it seems... :-/
    Any ideas or as its on a TalkTalk like that could have "some effect"?

Thankyou :-)

All that I know about nit-picking I learned from the master, The Great Nit.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,055Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM
    Adam_T said:

Hi, im still on 22.18.0 on a BT retail box plugged into a TalkTalk like, still no sign of the update or even the previous one it seems... :-/
    Any ideas or as its on a TalkTalk like that could have "some effect"?

Thankyou :-)

I got put off HDR TVs because of all the nits they come with :-(
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • Adrian LordAdrian Lord Posts: 1Member
    edited 18 August 2016, 10:18PM
    Hi Phil, since August update our box keeps locking up and no picture is coming through HDMI to the TV. Hard reboot or two restores service. Issue happening daily now.

DTRT1000
    Variant: 80B07000
    Software:26.40.0
    Component software: 3.0.47
    Platform config: 3034
    ISP config: 9

What steps would you recommend please?

Thanks
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Hi Adrian

Not sure what you mean by a hard reboot - is that power cycling the box off and then on again (with a two minute wait between, to let the electrons die) or something else?

Anyway, the things to try are as per my posting above:-

https://community.youview.com/youview...

I think even AJR would now have you ignore his rather grumpy initial response to that :-)
  • David22David22 Posts: 7Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    I've got a Humax DTR-T1010 which has recently started suffering from intermittent freeze-ups, lost recording schedule, and partial/missed recordings. Restarting with the front panel power button is the only way to get it back.

I tried a 'keep recordings' factory reset via maintenance mode...problem came back shortly after.

Remembering a previous workaround, I switched Standy Mode from 'Smart' to 'Always Ready' and it's been behaving ever since...not ideal though.

It's running the August software.

Anyone else had similar glitches?
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    David22 said:

I've got a Humax DTR-T1010 which has recently started suffering from intermittent freeze-ups, lost recording schedule, and partial/missed recordings. Restarting with the front panel power button is the only way to get it back.

I tried a 'keep recordings' factory reset via maintenance mode...problem came back shortly after.

Remembering a previous workaround, I switched Standy Mode from 'Smart' to 'Always Ready' and it's been behaving ever since...not ideal though.

A couple of sick T1010s from the similar BT update here:-

https://community.youview.com/youview...

(You may have to look in the bumcrack of one of those annoying 'View Previous....' expansion thingies that this GetSat Community software does, to see everything).

I don't know quite why this update would have it in for T1010s particularly, as they are really just T1000s in a new party frock; up until now, I have just assumed this is the normal fallout of failing T10x0 boxes that seemingly happens with every update.

But now, I am wondering.....
  • SJLSJL Posts: 7Member
    edited 12 September 2016, 3:48PM
    David22 said:

Good Afternoon,

I own a Humax DTR T1010 500GB Youview box (this being the most recent of several Humax products I have owned).

Unfortunately recently the HDMI input has stopped working, I can now only use the scart input (obviously not in HD), I have done all the checks, using a different HDMI lead, different TV, maintenance mode resets, changed HDMI resolution etc without success & after a bit of research it appears that it's quite a common fault.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but this problem seems to have started after The August 2016 software update.

Does anyone have any ideas about a resolution.

Kindest Regards
    Steve
    David22 said:

I'm not sure it's a common fault - there have been a number of people reporting that HDMI has never worked for them, but not that it did work, and then has stopped.

But as you have done about everything I can think of to get it back, without success, I have nothing to offer.

Is it still under guarantee from Humax, an extended retailers warranty, or on a subscription?

If so, I would exercise it.
  • David22David22 Posts: 7Member
    edited 12 September 2016, 9:01PM
    David22 said:

My first T1010 started giving me the old magenta screen glitch before it failed completely...under warranty...I'm on my second right now.
    David22 said:

Rumours that 26.40.0 is frying T10x0 boxes because they won't have the puff to run whatever is coming in the next release are completely unfounded :-)
  • stormystormy Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    David22 said:

I get the magenta sceen from time to time on startup, a quick soft (remote) power off and on usually clears it on mine.

My T1010 barely has the "puff" to run 26.40.0, I dread to think what's coming next. :)
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM
    David22 said:

Hi SJL,

It sounds as if you have tried several different steps and you are still having issues with the HDMI output. In this instance as it's stopped working I would recommend getting in touch directly with Humax to see what they can do (0333 313 2278).

Phil
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM
    David22 said:

Hi SJL,

It sounds as if you have tried several different steps and you are still having issues with the HDMI output. In this instance as it's stopped working I would recommend getting in touch directly with Humax to see what they can do (0333 313 2278).

Phil
  • SJLSJL Posts: 7Member
    edited 14 September 2016, 3:04PM
    David22 said:

Ok, thanks for all your comments.
124»