BT Youview box DTRT2100 sound issues on OFAHorses

Aled DaviesAled Davies Posts: 8Member
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Apart from my BT box losing all sound one day, it has been fine. I had to reset the box to get any sound back. It all works well apart from when I watch or record ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES on UK Gold then the sound has a horrid background  noise to it. Every other program on all other channels is fine. Any ideas, it is so annoying. TIA

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    Are you using and external amp surround sound system?
  • Aled DaviesAled Davies Posts: 8Member
    edited 25 September 2016, 8:01PM
    Visionman said:

No just HDMI from box to Smart TV
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:06AM
    Visionman said:

Then I'm totally at a loss to explain your problem. But the next time you lose the sound, hit the mute button twice.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Is every other programme on UK Gold also fine?

Tune to this channel, go into Settings, find Signal Strength and Quality. What percentage do you get for each?
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
    edited 26 September 2016, 12:49AM
    Roy1 said:

Tune to this channel, go into Settings, find Signal Strength and Quality. What percentage do you get for each?

All UK Gold progs are OK apart from OFAH (noise on play and record function)
    However, this channel is part of my BT package and the signal strength and quality is not showing up. On all other non BT channels the signal strength and quality are 100% and 85%. The BT subscription channels e.g. UK Gold picture quality is very good, just this one OFAH program is at present giving me problems. 
    Roy1 said:

Signal strength and quality are irrelevant in the case of IP channels. Its an encoding problem at the broadcasters end, so you need to report it. 
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM
    Roy1 said:

Ah, my bad for asking; I thought UK Gold was a Freeview channel, sorry.
    Roy1 said:

Ah, my bad for asking; I thought UK Gold was a Freeview channel, sorry.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Hi Aled,

I've set up a test recording for later today to see if it's an issue with the broadcast. I do have a few questions if you don't mind:

Can you let us know:
    1. Do you notice this background noise when watching OFAH live?
    2. What does the noise sound like? (hissing, static, high pitched noise etc?)
    3. What box model are you using (Setting > System Information > Device Information)
    4. What software version are you on (Settings > System Information > Software Versions)
    edited 26 September 2016, 11:30AM
    Sanj said:

Hi Aled,

I've set up a test recording for later today to see if it's an issue with the broadcast. I do have a few questions if you don't mind:

Can you let us know:

3. What box model are you using (Setting > System Information > Device Information)
    4. What software version are you on (Settings > System Information > Software Versions)
    1. Yes it is there on live broadcast (BT subscription)
    2. Consistent repetitive pitched noise (bleepish), over the soundtrack. It is always there on this one program.
    3. DTRT 2100
    4. S/w 26.40.0 
    - c/S 3.0.47
    - P config 3034 
    - ISP config 243 

Thanks for your time
    Sanj said:

Hi Aled,

Can you let us know:

It sounds like the entire series is corrupted.
    Sanj said:

Hi Aled,

Can you let us know:

Not so lovely Jubbly, then :-(
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 942Member ✭✭
    edited 14 December 2016, 10:35PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Aled,

Can you let us know:

This afternoon episode is playing with no sound issues on my T4000.

The program is one with audience/canned laughter that is also broadcast - would be interesting to know whether the OP gets the dialogue and the (audience) laughter in their sound and whether the issue continues during the advert breaks
    edited 26 September 2016, 9:44PM
    Sanj said:

Hi Aled,

Can you let us know:

No problem in the ad breaks
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 942Member ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 11:49AM
    Just interested .. did this resolve itself or is it ongoing.