I have had a few problems with my youview box

david bradburydavid bradbury Posts: 102Member
edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM in Archived Posts
The picture on my youview Ultra HD box keeps breaking up and then the screen goes black and then comes back on,its doing it now while i am watching Eurosport 1,before i got a message saying youview box is not connected to the internet followed straight away by its now connected,this was on channel 4HD,before all this i have had two error codes i think the first was yvm 102 and the other IPC 6023,so i tried a soft reset which didnt work so today i did aFactory reset while keeping my recordings,since i did the last one it has gone much worse.My box is
DTR-T4000
software 26.40.0
I have run out of ideas.

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,536Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    I don't think its the box. Reboot your Hub, wait for the line to settle, then soft reset the box.
    I'd also like to know how you are connected?
  • david bradburydavid bradbury Posts: 102Member
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    I tried that but no good,i also had BT sport on youview box and at the same time BT sport on my laptop,laptop worked well no break in picture,youview box picture broke up and went off.
    edited 17 January 2017, 10:04AM
    Connected by ethernet cable,speed excellent.
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:06PM

I tried that but no good,i also had BT sport on youview box and at the same time BT sport on my laptop,laptop worked well no break in picture,youview box picture broke up and went off.

The laptop/PC app is unicast at 3.5 - 4Mbps. Your Ultra YouView box service is multicast at 29Mbps. As such, the two aren't comparable. 
    edited 1 October 2016, 6:49PM

i downloaded TSReader light and have VLC player but dont understand how to test for packet loss using them.

See here -
    https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/IPC6023-Advanced-Diagnosis/td-p/1154880

And if you need further help with the problem, register and post on there. They are very helpful.
    In the meantime, the next time you get a black screen, flick the IP channel to another one (either up or down) and you should get your picture and sound back. Then flick back.
    edited 1 October 2016, 7:27PM

Thanks Visionman,i have tried that link before,thats where i git TSReader from but will have to do a bit of reserch on it.
    edited 1 October 2016, 7:35PM

Cant get my head round it,looks like i am stuck.

No, no. PM Steve, the BT TV expert, as to how to use them. He'll respond and indeed may look at your packet stats. But you really do need to be posting on there rather than here, as its a specific BT subscription multicast IPTV problem. 
    edited 1 October 2016, 7:45PM

I have a post on there this very moment, but no answers coming at present.
    edited 2 October 2016, 11:45AM

I have sent him a PM so will wait and see if he gets back to me, just fine it now.
    edited 6 October 2016, 5:24PM

He never got back to me so i have booked a visit from a BT engineer who is coming on Saturday,

Their really busy right now (only a small team) so atm its roughly a 7 day response time.

Their really busy right now (only a small team) so atm its roughly a 7 day response time.
    edited 6 October 2016, 9:10PM

Will see what the engineer says on Saturday.
  • UrsaUrsa Posts: 71Member
    edited 25 November 2016, 10:04AM

Steve isnt actually part of the MOD team on there per se: he often independently chimes in on a thread to take ownership of a problem  .... so unless he sees it you take pot luck IMHO ...
    edited 7 October 2016, 10:53AM

I sent him a pm
    Got an engineer coming tomorrow
    edited 11 October 2016, 6:32PM
    Visionman said:

I don't think its the box. Reboot your Hub, wait for the line to settle, then soft reset the box.
    I'd also like to know how you are connected?

An engineer came round and took the box away and replaced it with a new one, so far so good.
    Got a new box from BT will see how if goes.
    All seems to be good now after new box.