Unable to view HD channels live but they record ok!

g_moleg_mole Posts: 2Member
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Hi,

This may have been asked before, if so I apologise - I had a quick search and couldn't see this particular problem.

I switched the Youview box (ancient DTR-T1000) on this morning and all the HD channels just showed a black screen. After 30 seconds an error message appeared stating that the signal was weak (can't remember the error code sorry).

The funny thing was, It was recording CH4 HD at the time so when I checked the recording later I expected a black screen, but it wasn't - the picture was there?? 

I checked the signal strength on CH4 HD and it showed as 0%. So why could it record with no problems?

I've since done a re-tune and all the HD channels have now gone (SD are fine)...

Has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering if it's the aerial or the box. Hope it's the box, could do with a good excuse to upgrade!

Thanks,

Geoff

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,205Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    I cannot explain why the YouView box should behave in that schizophrenic way, but step (iii) below is indicated as a possible fix.

Work through, in sequence, though :-

(i)If your TV can get HD channels, plug the aerial into that, and try a retune.

If that does not get them either, then you don't have a YouView box problem.

(ii) Put your postcode in, in the box at the top right of:-
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/
    which will tell you which TV transmitter you likely use, and if it is having problems at the moment.

(iii) while not recording nor about to, touch the blue Centre ring on the front of your YouView box for just over 8 seconds, and let it soft reboot.

See if this brings your HD channels back, after a further retune if necessary.

And please let us know the situation at the end of this, including which transmitter(s) are indicated in step (ii).
    Deploying my talents elsewhere now
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,297Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 12:03AM
    Roy1 said:

I cannot explain why the YouView box should behave in that schizophrenic way, but step (iii) below is indicated as a possible fix.

which will tell you which TV transmitter you likely use, and if it is having problems at the moment.

(iii) while not recording nor about to, touch the blue Centre ring on the front of your YouView box for just over 8 seconds, and let it soft reboot.

And please let us know the situation at the end of this, including which transmitter(s) are indicated in step (ii).

Is it possible that the programme that was recorded was actually the SD version?
  • g_moleg_mole Posts: 2Member
    edited 30 October 2016, 7:28PM
    Roy1 said:

No, it was the HD version. 

Thanks Roy, I've done a soft reboot and it looks to have cured it. Weird. Oh well, looks like i'll have to hold off upgrading for a little while longer.

Thanks,
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    There's high atmospheric pressure in the UK at the moment and there was a warning this could affect some channels in some areas.