youuview box delaying recordings

RegDaveyRegDavey Member Posts: 4
edited 12 March 2017, 8:39PM in Support
when setting my youview box to record a prgram on the drama channel it's not recording the whole program for instance if i set the box to start recording a program that starts at 1pm it wont start recording till about 1:07pm only does this with drama

Comments

• Dave Howes2Dave Howes2 Member Posts: 246
    edited 31 October 2016, 7:30PM
    It's not a Youview problem, it's just that the Drama channel is appallingly bad at transmitting the codes in the right places. They've been doing ok for a few months now, but they've started to slip again :~(
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Member Posts: 318 ✭✭
    edited 12 March 2017, 8:39PM
    The playout of the now and next EPG on Drama running a fraction over 7 minutes late today is what is triggering the issue.

@Dave, I suspect I understand what you are referring to as 'codes'.  Supplying this is optional for a broadcaster, and in their absence the pre-supplyed now and next EPG timings will be used instead.  The usual cope out when channels do this is to supply the billed timings, which wasn't the intent of the DTG at all. 
    That Drama's updates to the now and next epg (i.e. EITp/f) is running 7 minutes late may not be down to Drama.
    Perhaps Drama are about to experiment with supplying Accurate Recording and didn't understand the repercussions of experimenting!
  • robert1997robert1997 Member Posts: 1
    edited 4 November 2016, 6:05PM
    Last night I set a recording on the UKTV channel 'Yesterday'. The programme was scheduled to run from 19.00 to 20.00 (which it did) but it recorded from 18.49 to 19.48 thereby missing a huge chunk of the programme as the recording started 11 minutes early. The recording caught the final 6 or 7 minutes of the preceding programme (plus adverts) and as a result lost 10 minutes at the end of the scheduled recording/show. 
  • RegDaveyRegDavey Member Posts: 4
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    what i would like to know is when will this issue be fixed
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM
    RegDavey said:

Sooner if you notify Drama of the issue, with your concrete time and programme descriptions, than if you don't.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 5 November 2016, 12:52AM
    RegDavey said:

and how do i go about doing that roy i have contacted talktalk regarding this issue and they said the only way for it to be fixed is to comment on here
    edited 5 November 2016, 12:55AM
    RegDavey said:

i can also see from other posts that numerous folk are having the same problem
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 12:03AM
    RegDavey said:

The Drama Channel is a UKTV group channel. Their contact details are here:

http://corporate.uktv.co.uk/about-uktv/article/contact-us/

Others have the same problem because like you they try to record programmes on the Drama Channel.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:41AM
    RegDavey said:

Reg, if they said that, then TalkTalk are blowing smoke up your ****.

But while they are correct in that they can do nothing about it, nor can YouView really, beyond having a quiet word with Drama themselves; but there is nothing that YouView can insist on.

The problem here lies with Drama themselves, who likewise have the power to correct the issue, given sufficient incentive.

And the most powerful incentive to get them to pay attention and correct the issue will be customer feedback to UKTV, as per the link kindly provided by jonesh.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 12:03AM
    RegDavey said:

TalkTalk are blowing smoke up your ****.

When people do that to the Blackpool beach donkeys, they call for ****-istance.