BBC iplayer sound, graphics, but no picture

Richard WebbRichard Webb Member Posts: 5
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Support
I can access the iplayer main interface, select a program and press play, at which point I get sound, and the controls are showing, but the picture is black. BBC says "We're aware of an issue on some YouView boxes where there is no picture when trying to view iPlayer. We are confident this will be fixed very soon  ." Anyone else getting this? It's been two weeks now...

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Have you tried soft resetting the box?

While not recording, nor about to, touch the On/Standby button (ring on the T10x0s) for just over 8 seconds, until the box restarts.

Might cure it....
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Richard WebbRichard Webb Member Posts: 5
    edited 8 November 2016, 4:57PM
    Have tried that, unfortunatelyy it doesn't help...
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Do you have your box connected to an aerial?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Carrie McCalmontCarrie McCalmont Member Posts: 7
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Mine has been doing this for months, when you use Netflix through the iplayer, you have to come out of the app, choose another app open it as if you are going to use and them shut down again, and then go back into Netflix and it usually works fine. A pain in the back side having to do of all of that. If we could get a permanent fix that would be very much appreciated. Thanks Carrie
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:06PM

Mine has been doing this for months, when you use Netflix through the iplayer, you have to come out of the app, choose another app open it as if you are going to use and them shut down again, and then go back into Netflix and it usually works fine. A pain in the back side having to do of all of that. If we could get a permanent fix that would be very much appreciated. Thanks Carrie

Thats a separate issue, Carrie.
    https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/netflix-buffering-problems
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Visionman - at the moment no, the box isn't connected to an aerial (got someone coming on Friday)... Does that have a bearing? I assumed since the other apps - Netflix etc. work then the iplayer should also?
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:06PM

Visionman - at the moment no, the box isn't connected to an aerial (got someone coming on Friday)... Does that have a bearing? I assumed since the other apps - Netflix etc. work then the iplayer should also?

Visionman - at the moment no, the box isn't connected to an aerial.
    Theres your probable problem.

"We're aware of an issue on some YouView boxes where there is no picture when trying to view iPlayer.
    We are confident this will be fixed very soon but in the meantime connecting directly to the aerial should work."
    http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/you_view_picture
    edited 9 November 2016, 2:59PM

So the iplayer has to have a TV signal, even though programmes are delivered via the internet?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:41AM

It checks your region. The other Players do that also.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited 9 November 2016, 6:09PM

OK - so hopefully everything will be fine once I get the aerial sorted on Friday. Thanks everybody!
  • PatsPats Member Posts: 2
    I can access the iplayer main interface, select a program and press play, at which point I get sound, and the controls are showing, but the picture is black. BBC says "We're aware of an issue on some YouView boxes where there is no picture when trying to view iPlayer. We are confident this will be fixed very soon  ." Anyone else getting this? It's been two weeks now...
    I had the same problem and rather than turning off the set top box I had to turn on/pff at mains before it worked immediately again. incidentally i find that youview tues out if it"s been on at the mains for 10 days or so an I have to turn on/off at mains to restart. Good luck
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 742 ✭✭
    Yes good luck replying to a five year old post.
    Ignore this if you disagree.