[Discussion] BT software update 26.41.0 for BT YouView+ Ultra HD box customers

2»

Comments

• howndebhowndeb Posts: 10Member
    edited 3 April 2017, 8:39AM
    howndeb said:

Sorry to say but the update on the 'my view' is awful. Previously we could see at a glance a list of our recordings now we are faced with a mass of pictures making searching for our recording very confusing.

Oops, good job there are people out there like yourself to pull people like myself for these minor errors. Where would we be without the critical eye.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,813Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 April 2017, 10:27AM
    howndeb said:

Sorry to say but the update on the 'my view' is awful. Previously we could see at a glance a list of our recordings now we are faced with a mass of pictures making searching for our recording very confusing.

Sarky!

However, I am sure there are areas in life where you wish to be conscientious about things, and get a little uncomfortable when there are difficulties with that.

As there do seem to be a lot of people tipping up to complain about NextGen, and though I have been careful to call you newcomers, there do seem to be a lot of newbies without any real idea of how forums are supposed to work, and the right and wrong places to post in them.

Added to which, the GetSat Community software is a little idiosyncratic, with its division of thread postings into Replies and Comments, and the collapse of multiple Comments into a single opaque line unless you click on it - and often keep having to click on it as more and more depths unfold - and its lack of stickies, its dysfunctional Search, etc., etc.

It's bad enough trying to keep up with who has posted what since you last looked, at normal volumes, with regulars who have learned to skirt the pitfalls, and I normally check the email trail every few days, and find something I have missed.

But now? 4,000 posts in the last 27 days, and many of them ill-disciplined?

We just have to hope that the ones we miss are vents only, and we don't miss the genuine requests for help, in cases where help can be given.

Not, of course, that there is anything wrong with the vents (except when a single poster needlessly duplicates them, perhaps) and it is valuable for YouView to be left in no doubt as to what a hornets' nest they have stirred up.

Bu at the moment, I kind of wish we had a Vent area and a Help area, so people who needed help could be helped, and a single global Reply (No you can't go back, yes, everything but Tiles versus Lists is slated to be fixed and no, we don't know when, and if you want Lists back, please form an orderly queue here....) could be made sticky at the top of Vents.

Do you see?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
2»