[Discussion] iOS YouView App software update 10.0.7

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
edited August 2017 in Announcements
Hi all,

Please feel free to discuss the new iOS YouView App software 10.0.7 here.

Comments

• redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Apart from the look of the app icon is there much else which has changed? Not immediately obvious if so.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

Apart from the look of the app icon is there much else which has changed? Not immediately obvious if so.

The icon that hasn't changed on the Android App.

Shome mishtake, shurely?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

This is the iOS thread Roy, I made the mistake of posting in the wrong place previously
    edited March 2017
    By way of illustration:

edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

No, I'm not on about your posting mistake, redchiz.

I'm on about YouView's mistake in not replacing the old y.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

Have you not seen the screenshot I posted? New y and logo font style all present and correct.
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

By way of illustration:

Yup, that's the new y, and I see that too, on iOS.

But here's the old skool icon I still see on Android:-

And here's the hamburger screen from this 10.0.8 release, showing the NextGen YouView logo, as you would expect:-

• jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

By way of illustration:

And here's what I see on android:
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

I have. But from the screenshot I posted, you can see I still have the old y on the Moto G, though (no screenshot) it's fine on my Galaxy Young, running an even older release of the OS.

Not a global YouView mistake then, just a failure to test on all flavours of Android, stock or tweaked. And indeed, who could, as there are so many variants?

(And I am declining to try a delete and reload, as I would lose the pairing with the box, and it's not exactly in the next room here to re-pair).
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

OK, just confused that you were posting about the Android variant in the iOS thread.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 533 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I got the update this evening on my IPhone 5s and apart from a new Youview logo not much has really changed from what I can see.
    I don't have the Youview app on my IPad Mini 4 as I use the BT TV app on the IPad Mini 4.
    edited March 2017
    It's a reskin with the NextGen UI.

The promised new clever stuff is yet to come.
  • Dcac info1Dcac info1 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2017
    Well i'm well peed off because I have an iPhone4 (IOS 7xx) so I cant run theapp. and can't understand why (other than Apple wanting people to chuck away their old phones and buy a nice very expensive new one!) why the older, albeit less functional IOS 7xx version is unavailable on the AppStore to people who don't believe in a 'throw-away-your-still-v.-good-and-I'm-happy-with-it-iPhone4' world!!
    And the lame excuse from the YouView / Apple people that "We can't support multiple versions" just doesn't wash.
    Disgraceful.