Number of mobile devices per Youview box

zulu17zulu17 Posts: 958Member ✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Support
Can I clarify how many different mobile devices and app combinations (e.g. Youview, TallkTalk, BT TV apps ) can be connected to a single Youview box and does this differ between Currentgen and NextGen ?

Comments

• StephenStephen Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Up to five paired apps in First Gen, unlimited to all intents and purposes in Next Gen.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,548Member ✭✭✭
    edited 23 January 2017, 6:38PM
    Stephen10 said:

Up to five paired apps in First Gen, unlimited to all intents and purposes in Next Gen.

I think I need to buy a new phone.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Great news Stephen, and something that slid by me.

At last I can pair those sixth and seventh devices that I had limited to just the generic unpaired YouView app.
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • Kris2Kris2 Posts: 1Member
    edited 28 April 2017, 3:38PM
    Stephen10 said:

So... how do you do it? I couldn't find an add devices option in the device menu...
    edited 28 April 2017, 5:54PM
    Stephen10 said:

You no longer need a pairing code from the box to start, you simply pair directly from the app on your phone
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,951Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017, 5:56PM
    Stephen10 said:

Just to clarify when you say to all intents and purposes unlimited does that mean there is still actually a limit but it's set really high or is it truly unlimited? 
    edited 28 April 2017, 6:02PM
    Stephen10 said:

At an educated guess, the device manager component probably supports 536,870,912 pairings, but the UI will probably start slowing down showing you all of them significantly before that. Hope this helps!
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,951Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017, 6:03PM
    Stephen10 said:

Cheers Stephen and every post you make here helps in my opinion. 
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 April 2017, 9:09PM
    Stephen10 said:

2^29. Unusual......
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....