[Discussion] Humax software update 27.45.0

SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 29 September 2017, 5:39PM in Announcements
Hi all, 

Feel free to discuss the Humax software update 27.45.0 here:

Comments

• Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited 12 April 2017, 11:05PM
    I thought BT machines were going to be next.
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-27-45-0

Chris (Lincoln, UK)
  • stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 14 April 2017, 2:10PM
    Yes. I thought this was going on BT boxes first also? It was interesting that its only for retail T2000 boxes at the moment. Issues with older boxes after all?
  • SomersetBobSomersetBob Member Posts: 212 ✭✭
    edited 5 May 2017, 7:49AM
    Interesting that Next Gen has  been released to retail before BT. I like it, have been a trialist for a couple of months and apart from some minor niggles already identified by Keith I think it is an improvement overall. Hopefully we will see further enhancements  in the coming months and some of the long awaited features can now be added.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Hi guys - We're making great progress with BT and will be updating you all soon.

@Stormy - The T1000's aren't far behind the T2000's. We'll let you know when we're ready to roll(out).
    edited 22 February 2017, 5:36PM
    Rob3 said:

Interesting that Next Gen has  been released to retail before BT. I like it, have been a trialist for a couple of months and apart from some minor niggles already identified by Keith I think it is an improvement overall. Hopefully we will see further enhancements  in the coming months and some of the long awaited features can now be added.

Hey Rob, we're keeping a close eye on all the feedback. Thanks for your support :)
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 March 2017, 11:39PM
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 August 2017, 6:04PM
    Sanj could you please tell us if there is any significant functional difference between this release and the TalkTalk release?
  • northernnorthern Member Posts: 241
    Does anyone know if the background can be made plain colour in guide instead of faded picture of programme on the chanel being watched. Please and thanks
    edited 22 February 2017, 6:18PM
    northern said:

Does anyone know if the background can be made plain colour in guide instead of faded picture of programme on the chanel being watched. Please and thanks

Hey Northern, you have the option to turn background transparencies off in the settings menu. This will change the background colour to black. Steps are here if you need them.
  • northernnorthern Member Posts: 241
    edited 22 February 2017, 6:22PM
    northern said:

Cheers
    edited 22 February 2017, 7:15PM
    jimb said:

Sanj could you please tell us if there is any significant functional difference between this release and the TalkTalk release?

Hi jimb, 

The notable differences between the TalkTalk release and this one are:

MyTV
    • If you have multiple pages of recordings you can change page with the Programme +/- buttons.
    • If you have a recording in process in MyTV, press the record button over it will stop the recording.
    Zoom
    • Responsive zoom now works in the playback bar, series rollup area and information/action panel.
    Mini TV Guide/Playback Bar
    • A clock now appears in the top right hand corner when you bring up the playback bar or mini TV guide.

These features will make it onto all our Next Gen YouView devices in the future.
    This is surely an indication that the BT release is coming soon. And in pretty much the same state as the TalkTalk release.
    Will somebody please tell me that I've got that wrong?
    :-(
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 February 2017, 9:41PM
    jimb said:

This is surely an indication that the BT release is coming soon. And in pretty much the same state as the TalkTalk release.

Nobody's allowed to talk about BT, jimb. So unfortunately you won't find any comments on here, or anywhere else either.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 March 2017, 9:38AM
    jimb said:

Jimb you may well be right ;-) or at least the same state as the retail release...
    Sanj has stated the only differences and that BT will follow soon therefore does anybody really think there will be anything different in the BT release.

I think we are now in the how fast will improvements be released phase, let's pray YouView have learnt from past mistakes and the improvements come thick and fast.
    edited 22 February 2017, 10:03PM
    jimb said:

I can talk about the BT release, because I know nothing about it :-)

There is really only one YouView release, essentially, albeit with ISP add-ons.

So all the things that users are howling about (and the users here have just joined them, due to lots of corner cases going in while the elephant in the centre of the room remains seemingly undiminished) will be true for anyone who has NextGen wished on them in the near future.

You wonder if the swapover of retail and BT is because BT have sensibly determined that NextGen, promising though it may be, isn't nearly ready for prime time; and YouView, wanting to keep up the momentum, have rolled out to retail :-(
    edited 22 February 2017, 10:23PM
    jimb said:

Alas I think that is wishful thinking Roy, expect to see BT roll out .45 release in the coming days with all the well talked about missing functionality still the same. As I said all we can hope is that now the next gen is out for everyone that means everybody deems it a fully stable release and work can now focus on the missing functionality and improvements everyone is crying out for...
    We know there have been some small tweaks since the initial talk talk rollout, but alas not the big ones we were hoping for.
    edited 22 February 2017, 10:27PM
    jimb said:

Accusations!!! Yet again you (as always) assume the worst possible scenario for YouView & its users. When it always never turns out to be as bad as your mullings.
    That it isn't ready? I agree. Will they get it right? Yes. And quickly? Also Yes.
    Make no assumptions about BT.
    edited 15 March 2017, 9:40AM
    jimb said:

Is that aimed at me. I am putting facts forward if you think BT will magically roll out a much improved version for thier roll out I think you are living in a fantasy. I am not making worse case scenarios I am stating it as it is. The next gen interface is solid and not a problem but is still missing functionality that is fact not assumption.
    I am hoping we will see a fast roll out of improvements (again this is not a worse case scenario this is hopeful thinking).
    I am very positive about YouView and the next gen so I don't appreciate your reply, but denying the next gen still has short comings at present is just plain daft.
    jimb said:

Will they get it right? Eventually. And quickly? Not a chance.
    edited 22 February 2017, 10:43PM
    jimb said:

"Is that aimed at me?" Absolutely not, scott. I was responding to Roy. My apologies.
    jimb said:

Scott - it's coming to something when the wishful thinking is that BT might hold back :-)
    edited 22 February 2017, 11:05PM
    jimb said:

Lol Roy. There are always lots of different views. Some people would like the bare bones system so they get the earliest sight and are happy to get improvements as they happen, whereas others don't want anything until it is highly polished. Personally I think talk talk was a bit too early for anyone's good and I would also liked to have seen a couple more of the big things improved before retail and BT release. There does seem to be a vague March deadline to get next gen into the mainstream and this has forced the release as is. For me this is no real bad thing but I can understand others might be very unhappy. I am a tad more positive that improvements will creep along at a reasonable pace but that's a wait and see who's right :-)

Thanks for clarifying visionman ;-)
    edited 22 February 2017, 11:16PM
    jimb said:

My bad and I apologise again. I value your opinion scott and always have. Cheers.
    edited 6 July 2017, 4:54PM
    I'm very positive about YouView and NextGens future, though in its current form has many shortcomings. All of which are to do with missing features, which are currently available on Classic.

But there are so many things that are good about it. Its a totally stable platform and has been from day one. Its also fast and reliable, and I mean lightning fast. Player load up times are much quicker, and more stable. Indeed the BBCs Red Button services are almost instantaneous.

Once Classic Gens features and benefits have been re-introduced onto this new NextGen YouView, it'll be pretty much unbeatable.
  • bob3bob3 Member Posts: 28
    edited 16 June 2017, 8:28PM
    Wish I hadn't got it. It's a poor experience. It's made my humax DTR t2000 slightly laggy - there's no way it will be a good experience on older hardware. How many clicks to watch a recording!!! And then you get a jumbled matrix of tiles. Can we have a list view option.

Genuinely slightly gutted by this update.
    edited 6 March 2017, 8:57PM
    Judging from Sanj's list of new features, to me it seems reasonable to assume that for the last three months YouView have focused their efforts on fixing bugs, improving stability, and making NextGen work on various different versions of hardware.
    If they had developed the code to enable a lost feature such as hiding channels to be restored then surely it would have been included as part of this latest release.
    edited 8 March 2017, 1:27AM
    Visionman said:

I'm very positive about YouView and NextGens future, though in its current form has many shortcomings. All of which are to do with missing features, which are currently available on Classic.

But there are so many things that are good about it. Its a totally stable platform and has been from day one. Its also fast and reliable, and I mean lightning fast. Player load up times are much quicker, and more stable. Indeed the BBCs Red Button services are almost instantaneous.

Once Classic Gens features and benefits have been re-introduced onto this new NextGen YouView, it'll be pretty much unbeatable.

Not sure why we're having such a different experience as regards performance. The red button and app launch are just as slow as they've ever been (at least they are not worse) but everything else (TV guide, menus) feel like I'm running low on RAM.
    edited 22 February 2017, 11:43PM
    bob3 said:

Wish I hadn't got it. It's a poor experience. It's made my humax DTR t2000 slightly laggy - there's no way it will be a good experience on older hardware. How many clicks to watch a recording!!! And then you get a jumbled matrix of tiles. Can we have a list view option.

Re speed - Press and hold the power button on the front of the box for 8 seconds and it will perform a soft reboot. 
    edited 15 March 2017, 9:42AM
    jimb said:

Cheers, Visionman, thanks for explicating that your posting was aimed at me.

It was so badly aimed, though, that if you hadn't said that, I would never have realised, so thanks for the clarification!

And sorry, I don't really have a response. I'm way too busy climbing out of Scheduled yet again because when I see a screen full or recordings I naturally assume I'm in it.

Or explaining to Marie that it's perfectly obvious that when you have watched one episode in a series, you would have no desire to watch the next episode, or surely, YouView would have designed it like that?

Or if they hadn't thought it through at first, but were given customer feedback about it, would have redesigned it by now?

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing 'quickly' and it worries me :-(
    edited 8 March 2017, 1:28AM
    bob3 said:

Done that to no avail. It just feels like when Apple do an update too far on older iPhones when the hardware really can't handle it. Navigating the recordings has gone from instantaneous to annoying slow.