Remove TalkTalk Branding in 27.45.0

Mike BeechamMike Beecham Member Posts: 3
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Feedback
Hi all,

I recently bought a Human DTR-2000T Youview box, as I was going to cancel my TalkTalk TV package, and really wanted to run a 'vanilla' YouView box. TalkTalk cancelled my TV package, and I'm now using my shiny new box.

However, last night YouView updated to the new firmware/UI and it's included both the TalkTalk branding AND offers of boosts, etc. I really DON'T want this. 

Is there anyway to to get rid of this? Would a 'factory settings' wipe do this for me? It seems strange that I have all the TT stuff on there, since I'm no longer with them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Are you completely no longer with them, i.e. you have a new ISP, or is TalkTalk still your ISP?

Has the T2000 been working OK 'unbranded', up until the software update?
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
  • Mike BeechamMike Beecham Member Posts: 3
    edited 23 February 2017, 10:59AM
    Hi Roy,

I'm still with them for Broadband and calls, just not the TV Package. I recently bought the Humax used, which had TT branding already on it. I just (maybe wrongly) assumed that if I got rid of their TV package, and then the update happened...there would be no TT tv stuff installed.
  • SanjSanj Member Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:36AM

Hi Mike, 

Next Gen YouView was built in close collaboration with our shareholders including BT and TalkTalk. The UI skin is fixed based on the broadband line your box is connected to. Performing a factory reset wouldn’t change the skin.

In ‘Original YouView’ a retail box without a TalkTalk TV package, would still get the TalkTalk Player and channels. You just wouldn’t be able to view the content. 

Thanks for taking the time to post and we’ll pass on your feedback.

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    This thread reminds me of when Classic YouView was launched, when a number of BT & TT broadband users asked for their ISPs logo's and menus to be removed, which isn't possible, as its the line that dictates the skin one gets.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Mike BeechamMike Beecham Member Posts: 3
    edited 23 February 2017, 11:50AM
    Visionman said:

This thread reminds me of when Classic YouView was launched, when a number of BT & TT broadband users asked for their ISPs logo's and menus to be removed, which isn't possible, as its the line that dictates the skin one gets.

...but as the general population of YouView users probably don't know it's not possible, they still need to ask the question! :)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017, 12:02PM
    Visionman said:

Absolutely, Mike. And thats one of the things this forum is for. :)
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • John PiggfordJohn Piggford Member Posts: 1
    edited 3 March 2017, 5:34PM
    In old Youview there was an 'On Demand' Section where you could browse for programmes by genre and all on demand content was on one page meaning you didn't need to go into each individual app to see what was available, this seems to have been removed. Why take away one of the best features of the entire system. This whole update is terrible, an option to retain a 'classic' mode would have appeased most people.