[Discussion] Humax software update 27.46.0

SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Announcements
Hi all,

Feel free to discuss the Humax software update 27.46.0 here.

Note: This update doesn't have any new features but has a few minor bug fixes included.

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 5,027Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 5:44PM
    Thick and fast. I don't meann you Sanj, obvs. ;)
    edited 14 March 2017, 10:59AM
    Thick and fast. I mean the updates Sanj, not you, obvs.  ;)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,344Member ✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2017, 4:21PM
    Thin and slow :-(
    Off travelling for a while... internet patchy to non-existent....
  • ROD FossROD Foss Posts: 1Member
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    i find the new update a total con i now cant get discover and i miss the small screen when looking at the guide, i am also getting the bt logo coming up even though i bought my box and don't have bt  tv. This is not the box i bought.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 March 2017, 9:49AM
    ROD Foss said:

i find the new update a total con i now cant get discover and i miss the small screen when looking at the guide, i am also getting the bt logo coming up even though i bought my box and don't have bt  tv. This is not the box i bought.

Hi ROD Foss,

Thank you for your feedback. The Discover feature is actually going to be added in a future update. We'll let everyone know when this has been added.

The Mini TV screen has been replaced with a transparent background in the guide and menus, letting you see what's on in the background while you browse. If you don't have this on, you can turn it on in the settings menu

Regarding the BT Logo, the interface skin is determined by the broadband line connected to your box. In the Original YouView interface, we would still show the BT Logo in the menu bar.

Thanks for posting. We'll pass your feedback on to our Product Teams.
  • SueSSueS Posts: 3Member
    edited 6 July 2017, 3:54PM
    Update 27.46 came in without me saying yay/nay which seems a bit off since it's a major change. I miss the box upper left with the channel preview but my major gripe is reserved for the recordings list with those little confusing images and incomplete text. Can I *please* have a simple text list of my recordings. If I had the option I'd revert to the old software simply on this issue. But I don't have the option - see above for installation/imposition without permission. I do like the other features I've seen though - clearer settings options & much better contrast of text to background in listings spring to mind . One difficulty I'm having is that BT player doesn't seem to be working at all - simply "loading..." followed by a blank screen when it's selected. I have BT as ISP but I don't have a subscription to BT tv, which might be the problem. Please keep the updates coming!
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,179Member ✭✭✭
    edited 2 March 2017, 5:07PM
    SueS said:

Update 27.46 came in without me saying yay/nay which seems a bit off since it's a major change. I miss the box upper left with the channel preview but my major gripe is reserved for the recordings list with those little confusing images and incomplete text. Can I *please* have a simple text list of my recordings. If I had the option I'd revert to the old software simply on this issue. But I don't have the option - see above for installation/imposition without permission. I do like the other features I've seen though - clearer settings options & much better contrast of text to background in listings spring to mind . One difficulty I'm having is that BT player doesn't seem to be working at all - simply "loading..." followed by a blank screen when it's selected. I have BT as ISP but I don't have a subscription to BT tv, which might be the problem. Please keep the updates coming!

Hi SueS.
    You've mentioned that the BT player isn't working. There's a remote chance that this might shine a light on an obscure problem that I'm having.
    Would you be kind enough to help with this? Just go into the settings, go to "Information & Reset", then "Software Information" and then tell us what number is listed for the ISP Configuration.
    Thanks.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,613Member ✭✭✭
    edited 2 March 2017, 5:47PM
    ROD Foss said:

Whats a Menu Bar? I've never heard it referred to before.
  • StephenStephen Posts: 694Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 March 2017, 6:14PM
    ROD Foss said:

The old Main Menu, Sanj is referring to the logo to start the ISP's app
    edited 2 March 2017, 6:28PM
    ROD Foss said:

I'm sorry I'm still not getting it. 
    Are you both talking about the 'Players and Apps' menu screen?
  • StephenStephen Posts: 694Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 March 2017, 6:30PM
    ROD Foss said:

No, the old main menu when you pressed the YouView button.
    edited 27 March 2017, 7:01PM
    ROD Foss said:

Double sorry, but I've had that many iterations to look at (x time) I no longer remember what it looked like. But I thought it may have been this -

Image result for youview bt epg
  • scottscott Posts: 2,050Member ✭✭✭
    edited 27 March 2017, 7:01PM
    ROD Foss said:

surely that would just be

edited 2 March 2017, 6:57PM
    ROD Foss said:

Ah, so the second one is the menu bar.
    edited 2 March 2017, 7:34PM
    SueS said:

SueS>
     "One difficulty I'm having is that BT player doesn't seem to be working at all - simply "loading..." followed by a blank screen when it's selected. I have BT as ISP but I don't have a subscription to BT tv, which might be the problem."

Yes, it is Sue. Like Netflix, the BT Player is a subscription service, so if you don't subscribe to BT TV, you can't access it, which is why your only getting a blank screen.
    edited 9 May 2017, 2:05PM
    Hi northern -  You mentioned your box wasn't working. Can you tell me more about what you're experiencing?
    edited 3 March 2017, 1:11PM
    ROD Foss said:

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I meant Main Menu. 

Some say menu, some say carousel, some (maybe just me) say bar.

Thanks for clearing that up guys
    edited 3 March 2017, 1:11PM
    ROD Foss said:

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I meant Main Menu. 

Some say menu, some say carousel, some (maybe just me) say bar.

Thanks for clearing that up guys
  • northernnorthern Posts: 241Member
    edited 16 March 2017, 9:37AM
    Sanj
    The original YV trialists (not bt trialists) in 2012 who , at the end of the trial, had BT as their ISP were given the BT player as a Pay Per View only option obviously without subscription rather than getting another box from BT which was obviously a very sensible idea.

Since the latest software update 27.46.0 the BT player does not open...... Perhaps BT have decided to take away this PPV option from the trialists
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 970Member ✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 1:43PM
    northern said:

Sanj
    The original YV trialists (not bt trialists) in 2012 who , at the end of the trial, had BT as their ISP were given the BT player as a Pay Per View only option obviously without subscription rather than getting another box from BT which was obviously a very sensible idea.

Since the latest software update 27.46.0 the BT player does not open...... Perhaps BT have decided to take away this PPV option from the trialists

If it it is a 2012 box then presumably it is one of the older Humax boxes so surprised that you have the new generation software
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,029Member ✭✭✭
    edited 3 March 2017, 1:48PM
    northern said:

Sanj

Perhaps they should offer a pay per view player across all Youview devices? Might make up for the removal of sky store, and give bt extra revenue? Whats the harm?
    edited 3 March 2017, 2:04PM
    northern said:

Sanj

Hi Northern, I'll pass this on to the Trials Team to see if they know.
    edited 3 March 2017, 3:42PM
    northern said:

Sanj

northern - We're querying this with BT. Would you mind sending me your email address and name to [email protected]
  • SueSSueS Posts: 3Member
    edited 3 March 2017, 4:00PM
    SueS said:

Thanks visionman, that's cleared that one up

Jamb - on the offchance it might help, the ISP configuration is 258
  • Claire2Claire2 Posts: 2Member
    edited 22 April 2017, 5:13AM
    Bit disappointed - The recordings screen with images takes far longer to navigate. For most programmes only a tiny part of the title shows up so it is hard to identify programmes if you have a large collection. With the previous version I liked that I could side click to move to the next screen. I'm also not sure what order recordings are arranged in.

Suggestions
    - settings option to choose list or thumbnail view
    - arrange by option for recordings (as in older boxes) to sort by date/title

Thank you!
    edited 3 March 2017, 5:19PM
    SueS said:

Thanks, that confirms that your not seeing the same problem as me.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,029Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 March 2017, 7:19PM
    Claire2 said:

Bit disappointed - The recordings screen with images takes far longer to navigate. For most programmes only a tiny part of the title shows up so it is hard to identify programmes if you have a large collection. With the previous version I liked that I could side click to move to the next screen. I'm also not sure what order recordings are arranged in.

Suggestions
    - settings option to choose list or thumbnail view
    - arrange by option for recordings (as in older boxes) to sort by date/title

Thank you!

Hi Claire. There is still a date order to the layout of recordings in mytv. Its starts with the big tile as most recent, then follows left to right, top to bottom like reading a book.

I've noticed quite a few new users missing this organisation. I think once you realise the order, mytv becomes easier to understand. If you press and hold "right" direction key, you will whizz through the recordings in order they were recorded.
    edited 8 March 2017, 9:21PM
    SueS said:

I'm not sure that Visionman is right about the BT Player.
    If you look at this thread:
    Remove TalkTalk Branding in 27.45.0
    it's clear that the post comes from someone who isn't subscribed to the TalkTalk TV service but is still seeing the TalkTalk player, which extensively promotes paid-for content (films and box-sets to buy and rent etc.)
    I can't see any reason why your box on a BT line wouldn't allow access to the BT player in the same way.

It's what you'd expect from both BT and TalkTalk - that they would seize any opportunity to try and sell stuff to you, and I can fully understand why YouView users who don't subscribe to a TV package find this pretty irritating.
    edited 3 March 2017, 7:02PM
    SueS said:

What I said is correct, jimb.
    edited 3 March 2017, 9:54PM
    SueS said:

There must be a difference in approach between BT and TalkTalk. You don't have to subscribe to anything to have access to PPV content on the TalkTalk Player.

@jimb I don't see how this is any more irritating than having NOW TV and Netflix present in the Players section if you don't happen to subscribe to them?