Discover option gone!

2»

Comments

• S BurtS Burt Member Posts: 3
    edited 21 June 2017, 3:57PM
    I used only two features of Youview consistently. One was to record and the other was Discover. I now have an incomprehensible jumble of tiles instead of a nice tidy list of recordings. I have tried to get used to it and I still hate it. In fact I record things and then can't be bothered to try to find them.  And I miss Discover terribly. Have almost stopped watching TV as a result of its disappearance. It has been months and there is still no sign of its return in spite of promises that it will.
  • Jamie DaviesJamie Davies Member Posts: 7
    edited 7 July 2017, 9:43PM
    jade said:

Aaarrgghh my box has only just 'updated' and I'm gutted that the discover option has gone. This was by far the best feature of youview and I discovered tonnes of stuff I would never have known existed. My favourite was scrolling through a category such as 'world drama' and reading synopsis etc and trying stuff out. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone working on 'developing' this would think this feature was anything other than essential - **sigh**

I've just read about Freeview play explore, its basically Youview discover. Time to say goodbye to Youview!
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 July 2017, 11:13AM
    jade said:

Aaarrgghh my box has only just 'updated' and I'm gutted that the discover option has gone. This was by far the best feature of youview and I discovered tonnes of stuff I would never have known existed. My favourite was scrolling through a category such as 'world drama' and reading synopsis etc and trying stuff out. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone working on 'developing' this would think this feature was anything other than essential - **sigh**

And Freeview play had its own set of issues so good luck with that.
  • GavGav Member Posts: 3
    edited 18 July 2017, 9:34PM
    jade said:

I'm getting seriously p*ssed off now at the lack of Discover feature. Want to cancel my TalkTalk subscription because this isn't what I signed up for, but I work from home and am happy with my broadband service, so feel I'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face. Have read this feature will return with a later update but suspect we're just being fobbed off. I'm so frustrated!
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 July 2017, 7:44AM
    jade said:

You aren't being fobbed off; Discover will return, as YouView have said it will.

Quite how long it will take though, is unknown, and there's the rub.

You can always cancel the YouView side of TalkTalk, and keep the broadband, especially if you have gone beyond the minimum period of the subscription that 'pays for' the box.

And even if you haven't, I think both TalkTalk and BT should be receptive to the argument that what you have isn't what you signed up for, and let you terminate early without penalty.

You subscription users are the only ones who can express your displeasure financially; even if every retail user went out and tossed their box in a skip tomorrow, YouView have got their money, thank you, so zero impact there.
    These tests for COVID-19 might get right up my nose, if only I could get one
  • 3 years later and it looks like we have discover option back 😂👍