[Discussion] TalkTalk software update 72.43.161

SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10 July 2017, 12:12AM in Announcements
Hi all,

Feel free to discuss the TalkTalk software update 72.43.161 here.

Note: This update doesn't have any new features but has a few minor bug fixes included.

Comments

• jimbjimb Posts: 1,118Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 March 2017, 9:51AM
    14 weeks on.
    None of the missing features restored.
    No improvements to MyTV.
    “Our move to the Cloud gives us the opportunity to make large scale changes, add functionality and enhance features in days or weeks, rather than the months or years it can take for other traditional TV platforms to do the same."
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,491Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 March 2017, 6:47PM
    jimb said:

14 weeks on.
    None of the missing features restored.
    No improvements to MyTV.
    “Our move to the Cloud gives us the opportunity to make large scale changes, add functionality and enhance features in days or weeks, rather than the months or years it can take for other traditional TV platforms to do the same."

Your comment doesn't reflect the fact TTs roll out was temporarily put on hold due to technical issues that only affected Huewei models. This release is a bug fix.
    Like the rest of us, your going to have to wait. Though for a declared time line of said feature re-introductions, see OCE comments on the TT Forum.
  • Chris SatoriChris Satori Posts: 1Member
    edited 12 June 2017, 1:38AM
    Did you give a minute's thought to the fact that thousands of people now have to retrain elderly relatives in how to work the new format? That's  £1000s in carer staff hours.
    Whilst getting their ears bent with all the criticisms recorded in this forum.

Lots more clicking about, endlessly, is difficult for arthritic fingers. You can't get to the oldest recordings first, you have to click for ages, every time. It's frustrating. 

Thousands of elderly and / or cognitively-challenged people depend on TV as a lifeline. That's why so much content is pitched at them. Visually scanning the new recordings format is a more sophisticated cerebral process than scanning a list. It is less accessible. For a great many people it forms an impenetrable barrier. You cut them off and left them behind. 

You cannot change pages with one click any more. It's retrograde. 
    You cannot see the full titles at a glance.
    You can't see how many back-to-back episodes you have recorded at a glance, you have to click to the item first. 

The TV guide yellow button function to remove unwanted channels has been removed. That is gross. There's a lot of raw stuff there I really don't want shoved in my face umpteen times a day. If you're hoping  it's going to tempt me into paying for it, then you need to take a good, long look at yourselves.

I know you are reassuring yourselves with the notion that 'it's normal for people to resist a change, they'll soon get with the programme'. I expect that's a vague comfort to you but it's not doing anything for me or thousands of other customers. 

I don't want to hear any more of your 'it's all going to be great' barefaced nonsense. Get with the programme. It isn't great. Sort it out. 
  • Pamela HutchisonPamela Hutchison Posts: 1Member
    edited 12 June 2017, 1:38AM

Did you give a minute's thought to the fact that thousands of people now have to retrain elderly relatives in how to work the new format? That's  £1000s in carer staff hours.

Lots more clicking about, endlessly, is difficult for arthritic fingers. You can't get to the oldest recordings first, you have to click for ages, every time. It's frustrating. 

Thousands of elderly and / or cognitively-challenged people depend on TV as a lifeline. That's why so much content is pitched at them. Visually scanning the new recordings format is a more sophisticated cerebral process than scanning a list. It is less accessible. For a great many people it forms an impenetrable barrier. You cut them off and left them behind. 

You can't see how many back-to-back episodes you have recorded at a glance, you have to click to the item first. 

The TV guide yellow button function to remove unwanted channels has been removed. That is gross. There's a lot of raw stuff there I really don't want shoved in my face umpteen times a day. If you're hoping  it's going to tempt me into paying for it, then you need to take a good, long look at yourselves.

I know you are reassuring yourselves with the notion that 'it's normal for people to resist a change, they'll soon get with the programme'. I expect that's a vague comfort to you but it's not doing anything for me or thousands of other customers. 

I don't want to hear any more of your 'it's all going to be great' barefaced nonsense. Get with the programme. It isn't great. Sort it out. 

I agree with everything above except it's not just the elderly who are affected. It's a waste of everyone's time not being able to scan saved programmes or indeed be able to see the full name. This is not about change this is about I researched poor customer service i.e. Put the developers and their pet projects before customers and their needs.
    In addition I'm not even a TalkTalk to customer what right did they have to upgrade my software
  • Kurisani NgwenyaKurisani Ngwenya Posts: 1Member
    edited 17 March 2017, 9:17AM

i second the remarks made due to the out come of expected programme ,has not been great
  • Lesley DicksLesley Dicks Posts: 2Member
    edited 10 April 2017, 7:29PM

I agree the old format was much more user friendly ,I find new format confusing and not very clear at all . Also I own my own box not supplied by TalkTalk so is this a human update or talk talk update !!! One angry customer !!!!
  • Lesley DicksLesley Dicks Posts: 2Member
    edited 17 March 2017, 10:27AM

I mistyped it shoul read humax , I love predictive typing !!!
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Posts: 314Member
    edited 12 June 2017, 1:39AM

Chris Satori the reason I 'liked' your post was that you stated 
    "Visually scanning the new recordings format is a more sophisticated cerebral process than scanning a list. It is less accessible. For a great many people it forms an impenetrable barrier. You cut them off and left them behind."

To add to that it is not just an important monority that this impacts.   While most of us can get use to it, it will always remain more diifcult to scan the new presentation.
    With 1 column dedicated to the 'title' it was easy to scan.  Now with each title imbedded in other details it requires the scanner to focus on each seperately and mentally extract the title.  That is never going to be easier for the majority however use to it they become.