is there a code for my bt youview+ remote to control my bose soundbar volume

Dave BeeversDave Beevers Posts: 1Member
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in Support

Comments

• DanielDaniel Posts: 1,859Member ✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    Nope. The youview remote only controls the TV. If you want a remote that can control all your items have a look at the harmony range of replacements remotes
  • tviewtview Posts: 1Member
    You can do it with code: 3637

As explained here: https://www.howson.me/youview-control-on-bose-solo-5-sound-bar/
    This is a thread from last year which had no code at the time according to Bose I actually checked. I would think that the original poster has a solution to this issue by now.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,200Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2018, 10:29PM
    Daniel said:
    This is a thread from last year which had no code at the time according to Bose I actually checked. I would think that the original poster has a solution to this issue by now.
    @Daniel, @tview

That link appears to be one on how to make the Bose remote control the YouView box.

Backwards from what the OP wanted, but progress, possibly.

And there’s quite a good mapping, if Menu (or something at least) works as the ’y’ button.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    I'm not sure why the original poster has logged in and edited his post after all this time leaving it blank.
    edited 12 March 2018, 7:47AM
    Daniel said:
    I'm not sure why the original poster has logged in and edited his post after all this time leaving it blank.
    Last time I looked, you couldn’t do that. We could only edit posts down to a single ‘.’ which @Sarah kindly hoovered up for us.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 12 March 2018, 7:48AM
     Ooh look! Now we can leave blank posts! They still need a body, but it can be a single space character.

We still can’t delete them for ourselves, though; it still needs Sarah’s data Dyson  :/