is there a code for my bt youview+ remote to control my bose soundbar volume

Dave BeeversDave Beevers Posts: 1Member
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Support

Comments

• DanielDaniel Posts: 1,888Member ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    Nope. The youview remote only controls the TV. If you want a remote that can control all your items have a look at the harmony range of replacements remotes
  • tviewtview Posts: 1Member
    You can do it with code: 3637

As explained here: https://www.howson.me/youview-control-on-bose-solo-5-sound-bar/
    This is a thread from last year which had no code at the time according to Bose I actually checked. I would think that the original poster has a solution to this issue by now.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,543Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2018, 9:29PM
    Daniel said:
    This is a thread from last year which had no code at the time according to Bose I actually checked. I would think that the original poster has a solution to this issue by now.
    @Daniel, @tview

That link appears to be one on how to make the Bose remote control the YouView box.

Backwards from what the OP wanted, but progress, possibly.

And there’s quite a good mapping, if Menu (or something at least) works as the ’y’ button.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    I'm not sure why the original poster has logged in and edited his post after all this time leaving it blank.
    edited 12 March 2018, 6:47AM
    Daniel said:
    I'm not sure why the original poster has logged in and edited his post after all this time leaving it blank.
    Last time I looked, you couldn’t do that. We could only edit posts down to a single ‘.’ which @Sarah kindly hoovered up for us.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)
    edited 12 March 2018, 6:48AM
     Ooh look! Now we can leave blank posts! They still need a body, but it can be a single space character.

We still can’t delete them for ourselves, though; it still needs Sarah’s data Dyson  :/