Talk Talk software update of a BT box not wanted

barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM in Support
Talk Talk software update.
I have a BT youveiw box that I have been using for 2 or more years, I’ve recently signed up with TalkTalk broadband phone and apparently TV. I get no extra TV channels so pay nothing for TV. Now TalkTalk have updated my box with their firmware which I don’t like, the recordings view is dreadful. My question is can I return to the previous firmware without deleting all my recordings?

Comments

• Chris_ThatcherChris_Thatcher Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited 10 April 2017, 12:06PM
    Hi Barry,

Unfortunately not. This is YouView's new look, whether we like it or not! A good number of people who were quite happy with the previous software (including myself), are now disappointed by what we've been lumbered with! There is no way to return to the previous software.

Chris, (Lincoln, UK).
  • DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 8:07PM
    The talktalk logo on the EPG the talk talk player and pay channels are there because you plugged the box into a talk talk internet it don't mean you have talk talk TV and you won't have access to the talk talk player and the TV channels won't work. To get talk talk TV you would have to ring and order which you probably are not going to do. Talk talk and bt have there own skin which you will get if your a youview user using there internet whether you use TV or not.
  • barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
    edited 10 September 2017, 10:55AM
    Thanks, what a mess I hate the new UI. 
  • momistmomist Member Posts: 139
    edited 10 April 2017, 2:53PM

If you dig around on the forum here, you will find that you are not alone in your view.  There are very many faults with the new UI (NextGenUI).  Be very, very careful when you have watched a recording and go to delete it.  It is scarily easy to delete the whole series, or the 'latest' episode instead of the one you just watched.
  • barry jonesbarry jones Member Posts: 39
    edited 10 April 2017, 2:54PM

Thank you for that.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 April 2017, 9:47PM
    momist>
    "There are very many faults with the new UI (NextGenUI)."
    You won't find anyone disagreeing with that.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.