ITV hub plus now fully available on all youview boxes

DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭
edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM in News
Previously you had to have a iPhone to sign up to hub plus and pay though iTunes for the privilege.

As of today one can use there bank card to sign up though the website directly. The youview box fully supports full use of hub plus via your log in you have to create.

With this change all youview customers no matter what phone they use have the option to remove the advertising from ITV hub. It will cost £3.99 per month though the website. I'm not sure if its the same if you sign up though the iTunes store as I don't own a iPhone.

You still get the bit at the start that says ITV hub come on in but zero advertising with this subscription.

Comments

• DanielDaniel Member, Super User Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2017, 9:07PM
    I can confirm hub plus by subscribing though the website and logging into the youview box works spot on. Works brilliantly. Too bad itv haven't updated the hub plus faq on the website very good as it still says you can't use hub plus on youview but the faq is now wrong as I have been using it perfectly without issue on youview.

Itv without add I'm going to cancel all my recordings and wait for everything to come on catch up. Hopefully channel 4 do this next. Not bothered about demand 5 I hardly use it.

Speaking of channel 5 I noticed the channel dog has been moved to the 16:9 safe zone. All I can say about time.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭
    Just curious - has anyone managed to watch any content on the new ITV Hub, without signing in?
    I disagree with the disagree as is, as its a joke.
    edited 12 April 2017, 5:47PM
    Visionman said:

Just curious - has anyone managed to watch any content on the new ITV Hub, without signing in?

Hi VM I signed out to test ITV hub. It works for me not signed in but obviously the only difference is the advertising returned till I logged back in.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Is the ITV Hub content still only SD ?
    edited 12 April 2017, 8:55PM
    zulu17 said:

Is the ITV Hub content still only SD ?

Yes
    The Sony YouView TV has had this for months. Unfortunately I can't watch any ITV Hub content on either without being asked to create an account or sign in. Or I haven't found a way, I should perhaps say.
    Anyone else?
    edited 12 April 2017, 9:14PM
    Visionman said:

The Sony YouView TV has had this for months. Unfortunately I can't watch any ITV Hub content on either without being asked to create an account or sign in. Or I haven't found a way, I should perhaps say.
    Anyone else?

Hub plus is a subscription that removes advertising. Basically before the recent change to sign up to it you had to own a iPhone. As not everyone owns a iPhone myself included it was not open to everyone. Now you can sign up through the website and are able to log in via a youview box it means that every single box can use hub plus to remove itv hubs advertising.

If you don't want to pay £3.99 a account would still keep track of your watch history but give you advertising still.

You don't have to log into a account it's optional you still should be able to view itv hub without logging in but expect advertising.

Me and my wife use itv a lot so deamed the expense worth it. But if you watch occasional or not at all then no point paying.
    edited 12 April 2017, 9:29PM
    Visionman said:

Anyone else?

Nope. I can't find a way past the sign up / log in page. Which is why I asked for input from someone else who hasn't signed up for it. (sorry)
    edited 13 April 2017, 1:16AM
    Anyone?
    Well itv have started to show ads during family guy and American dad on a youview box even if you had itv hub plus. Granted every other device was like this but because of the changes to how it works on a youview box the same happens on youview now. Everything else is add free but because of the changes hub plus is no longer worth the money to us. We have had a nightmare cancelling it because itv don't let you cancel though the website.

I contacted customer service and was told it's getting done and it didn't. After my third try with customer service I contacted the ceo and low and behold it got cancelled then.

Was a right carry on.